Cambridge Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 11, 2019

3.3
Greg Sewell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awful place to work, not a good company"

I worked at Cambridge Networks full-time

Pros

Good amount of holiday allowance and no work during bank holidays.

Cons

The owner of the company is a nasty bully and control freak, unprofessional and likes to pick favourite members of staff. Talks negatively about colleagues behind there backs infront of the rest of the team which creates an uncomfortable work place atmosphere. Members of the team are unable to work without the owner interfering and criticising every move, the place feels entirely different when the owner is not in though and almost becomes an enjoyable place to work.

Advice to Management

Work with your team and don’t treat people in such a patronising manner, your team may grow to like you when you do.

2. "Left and not looked back"

Pros

Working with a range of customers meant getting to work with a a wide range of technologies and different setups meaning there would often be a few challenges and quirks to deal with.
    Able to gain a certification from some of the suppliers for different software solutions.
    Good amount of leave and only needed to work one day over the christmas period. Also got birthday days off

Cons

The workload would have been ok if it wasnt for management promising customers one thing without checking first to see what the existing workload was and if this was even possible. Ended up in a situation where everything was deemed a high priority and needed to be looked at first because of this.

Advice to Management

Lead from the front - work alongside your team now and again to experience what they get on a daily basis

"Good intentions don't make up for bad management n poor business sense"

I worked at Cambridge Networks full-time

Pros

Puts customer first n always trys to make customer happy
    Always put customer first
    Always try to anticipate wot customer wants from products the manager thinks he know.

Cons

Rarely sells current stuff
    Rarely implements current technologys
    Manager held on too tight and often asked the impossible, sumtimes even insisting on ridiculous things becoz he thought it was right way but never sends anyone to learn the current way 2 do things. Customer always ended up with a cheap solution that cut corners and then when it din't work rite we swallowed cost 2 fix it. Great for the customer that don't want to spend money, rubbish for profit margin I bet.
    Morale generally low, nobody was truly happy but stayed bcoz when owner was out of office or on hols it was gr8 place to work. Moment he came in it became a witch-hunt tho and it was always 'who will Greg pick on next'. He would always have 1 favourite who could do no wrong (whoever was newest) and would then project his insecuritys on rotation to whichever person last tryed to tell him "no" bcoz his idea was wrong or outdated last.

Advice to Management

Greg should stop pretending 2 b technical n go on sales and management courses. Hire a dedicated second sales person as technical Presales. Stop selling cheap crap n offering customers a bargain option that u'll lose money fixing.

4. "Awful...just AWFUL!"

I worked at Cambridge Networks full-time

Pros

The location was all that came to mind. There really are no pro's to working for these people.

Cons

I can honestly say this is the worst place I have ever worked. I lasted a few weeks after I found the owner a complete arrogant, slave driving moody idiot. I was constantly patronized, breathing down my back and never listened to good sense.

Advice to Management

It was a long time ago when I worked for you, still have the worst memories from any job I have ever had. I may as well have been a robot and handed the manager the controls. When you employ someone let them find their feet in their own way rather than trying to control them.

Cambridge Networks Response

Feb 19, 2018 – Managing Director

To the person who posted this review, I apologise how I may have been, or appeared to be in the past, and believe things are very different now. It saddens me that this is how I came across to you... More

"I have been working at Cambridge Networks full-time for 7 years"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist

I have been working at Cambridge Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great friendly team and working environment

Lots to learn with a various skill sets required

Encouraged to expand your skills and gain experience and qualifications where appropriate

Approachable & Flexible Management

Cons

Occasional long hours where required as with any IT business however you are rewarded / compensated for this

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Hard work, but the rewards are worth it"

Current Employee - Technical Services Analyst
    Current Employee - Technical Services Analyst

I have been working at Cambridge Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Staff.

If you put in the hard work and show you're up to the challenge, management and directors reward you.

Tea, Coffee, biscuits, and squash supplied.

Encouraged to grow your skills and push your boundaries - real potential to develop a career.

Cons

Hard work! You do get rewarded for putting the time and effort in which is great, but downtime comes few and far between... The perfect place for people who thrive in a lively and busy environment.

Advice to Management

Keep on supporting the staff, and doing all you can! Genuinely the best environment in which I have worked.

7. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Huntingdon, England (UK)
    Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Huntingdon, England (UK)

I have been working at Cambridge Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolute pleasure working for a well established local company, very friendly team, lovely location, employee incentives, all round positive company!

Cons

Can't list any at all.