Cambridge Technology Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Vijay Srinivasan

"Excellent People"

Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Truly excellent company and culture. Learned more in 3 years than expected, highly recommend.

Cons

Company simply grew too fast, employee retention became an issue that ultimately eroded environment and culture.

Advice to Management

Controlled growth rather than growth and meet the numbers at any cost.

2. "Nice place to work at"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

I worked at Cambridge Technology Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

nice people, very good Management, gave employees training to do the job

Cons

Bought by Novell and they crashed the company. Novell did not understand selling solutions is not thesame as moving red boxes

Advice to Management

Bring the magic back, rehire CTP folks

3. "Apparently has gotten better since restructuring"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Cambridge Technology Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good client list, enthusiastic team, focused on account services, extensive training process, road warrior consulting lifestyle, building capabilities to meet sales expectations/projections, overall OK experience.

Cons

The company was acquired, which led to extra shuffling and somewhat "rats on ship" energy. Culture was pure consultancy, hours can be long, projects have been inadequately staffed at times. Somewhat clique-y in certain locations.

Advice to Management

Try not to oversell capabilities when there's no significant expertise --yet-- causes a lot of scrambling and frustration.

"not very satisfied with the working environment"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Lexington, MA

Pros

a quiet fast-gowning company. If you want to gain some industrial experience and do not have other choice, you can go for it. Otherwise, always think of it as a backup.

Cons

very low pay as well as benefit package. Project budget is very limited too. Management is not friendly. Performance feedback is not clear.

Advice to Management

Employees need more encouragement instead of criticism. Should be more friendly to the employees. Should acknowledge the performance of employees.

5. "Bonne expérience"

I worked at Cambridge Technology Partners full-time

Pros

- People oriented
    - Management available
    - Interesting project

Cons

Since it was acquired by Atos in 2014 lot of things that wasn't supposed to change, changed and all positives things disappear. Dommage

6. "not much to do"

I worked at Cambridge Technology Partners full-time

Pros

good atmosphere
    relatively okay salary (you need to push for it, they won't offer)
    good infrastructure

Cons

big fluctuation
    no strategy
    not capable leaders - 0 experience of leadership
    too much ego
    too many people for the amount of work
    decisions are not thought through
    company is slower than an average multinational company in every aspect

"The other side of the coin - a reflection post"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Budapest (Hungary)
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at Cambridge Technology Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Let me share my point of view on recurring negative points in other reviews. They normally appear in the Cons section but I look at them as Pros, let’s see how. (I am not adding any other Pros or Cons myself, this is a post of reflection)
    - Technology stack
    Our customer base consists of huge multinationals who need stability, thorough testing and precise QA processes. Each application reflects the actual up-to-date technologies and design patterns of the time they were designed. Their age proves stability and well-thought architecture, a lot to learn from. In projects that started recently we use C#, Azure, Xamarine and other current platforms (Windows 8/10) and technologies as well, the ratio of these is constantly growing.
    - Internal communication
    We care about each other and circulate information. We listen and take complaints and other relevant information to places where they can be taken care of. We don’t do that with a deep hierarchical structure but with people talking to each other. I call that a caring company culture instead of people spying at each other.
    It is also important to see this is a young and fast growing office that tripled in size in 3 years. Our mid-management layer is being built up on the go, a good opportunity for anyone to show and prove oneself. Experience is not gained overnight though, we can use any advice or help from anyone interested to improve the office.
    - Career path
    Our values and assessment system is special, we value soft skills, ownership and proactivity at least as much as several years of experience in certain technologies. Our business grows through relationships and professional attitude – people not fitting this culture leave one way or another. We also use a relatively high number of subcontractors for specific missions or shorter durations, their departure may also be perceived as unexpected ones for people not being aware.
    People get promoted due to their added value to our business. These may not be seen or understood by others and this leads to envious comments or misunderstandings but we have the most detailed and transparent evaluation system I’ve ever come across – a legacy of the Swiss company.
    - Overtime
    Probably the only software development company I know that truly compensates overtime – provided it is due to increase of scope, changing priorities or workload, etc. Estimations given by teams need to be adhered to though and are not subject to extra payment.

Cons

Recruitment is continuously under pressure to find candidates who like the culture, the values and the job we do. This increases tension from time to time.

Advice to Management

The balance needs to be found between keeping the people company values and also pursuing the opportunities of joining a larger organization.

"Third year at CTP"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Team Lead in Budapest (Hungary)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Team Lead in Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at Cambridge Technology Partners full-time

Pros

* Honest and open communication between different levels of the organization
    * Flat management structure
    * The possibility to find and fill the role that fits me best
    * To be able to mature in my role
    * Honesty is appreciated
    * White salaries
    * Paid overtime

Cons

* Ideas are always welcome but when not possible to realize them the management reasoning against them is not always clear.
    * Hungarian and Swiss communication styles are different. This has to be picked up on the go, not always in the easy way.

Advice to Management

When possible it would be good to give even more context about how decisions are made. While team effort is appreciated by management, I firmly believe that business decisions need to be as close as possible to the reality of teams. "What can the team provide?" and "How would it create the greatest value for our customers?" are two essentials questions that should be built on.

9. "Outsource company with all benefits and disadvantages of this being outsourced"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Budapest (Hungary)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Budapest (Hungary)

I worked at Cambridge Technology Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good community, good salary, nice office, due to the very good social committee there are a lot of out of business hour event. Depending on which project you are working on it could be your worst and best professional experience. My overall impression is mostly positive, if you have a chance to work with them and they offer you the expected salary you should accept it. If I am right, now the company called Atos Consulting Switzerland.

Cons

Management in swiss doesn't care with the employees. Very high fluctuation. Most of your colleague from Switzerland usually handle you as a simple resource they don't care about how much overtime you need to do their job as well. To be fair there are some very nice guy in the swiss offices.

Advice to Management

That is business and i am not a business man, do it like as it is and if the numbers are fine you are doing well.

"Great company spirit.. until the ATOS dream comes true !"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nyon (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nyon (Switzerland)

I have been working at Cambridge Technology Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- People: Clearly still the best IT skills in CH, especially in the MS word / Fun everyday even under pressure.
    - Trust: Deliver quality solutions and work in an efficient manner => You'll get full trust and nice project !
    - Career mgt: Process are painful, but they are there, and if you are good and smart you can find your way to grow.
    - Culture: People that gets a job there needs to fit to the CTP culture
    Still best IT consulting company in CH french part if I compare to the competitors => until all key people will be gone..

Cons

Company is like spanish tapas, they are good but at the end nothing special..
    Only bad news since CTP joined ATOS.

Advice to Management

I'm sure some of you guys regret to have agreed to this ATOS proposal, but I guess the money was good. Try to stick to the CTP culture and values for a bit more time if you can..