Cambro Manufacturing Reviews | Glassdoor

Cambro Manufacturing Chief Executive Officer and President Argyle Campbell
Argyle Campbell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great place to learn"

Pros

Clear with the goals that are to be achieved, friendly environment. Superiors are highly influencing and helpful in guiding.

Cons

There is nothing I could come up with so far.

2. "Human Resources not a Resource"

Current Employee - Worker in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Worker in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Cambro Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

2 HR offices. Some good people that work in areas of the company.

Cons

At the Main HR office nobody knows anything. Always at lunch or in some fake meeting. Rude and talks at you and not to you. The manager walks away from you when you try to ask him a question. I asked the training lady for help, she says she can't help me before I could even tell her what i needed. They lost my paperwork 2 times. Who hired these people!????? I had to call the HR office at the other location to get some help. Unprofessional.

Advice to Management

People in HR are supposed to help the employees. On the Clay office they avoid you and tell you to come back. They are rude like you don't exist. The man there said he had a meeting and walked off. The short heavy lady says she cannot help me and to come back tomorrow. These people don't care. The windy lady told my coworker since she did not speak English she cannot help her. That's mean and rude.

3. "Good place to settle"

I worked at Cambro Manufacturing full-time

Pros

Job stability is the front runner for working at Cambro. Majority of employees in manufacturing and office have been loyal employees for 20+ years and have created a comfortable culture. Benefits are better than average and little overtime demanded of employees. You don't bring your work home!

Cons

Since the majority of employees have been there for many many years and plan to stay until retirement, there is little opportunity to grow within your department in terms of pay increase & title change. Cambro values job security so a handful of employees are shuffled around between departments and locations to avoid lay-offs and bringing in fresh people. Management is slow to embrace change and processes are outdated and inefficient. Longstanding employees are inefficient and value socializing over producing good quality work.

Advice to Management

Bring in fresh eyes and ears to reorganize and streamline departments.

"Not a good place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Cambro Manufacturing full-time

Pros

Great location, wonderful managers on the factory floor!

Cons

HR Department is back to gossip central, employees in the department are painting their fingernails and everyone seems to be talking and chatting away instead of helping employees. Extended lunches are a regular occurrence. No one seems to understand how to help employees. It is completely dysfunctional. Upper management needs to take an active role in that department.

Advice to Management

Sometimes it is best to hire from outside.

"Don't work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Cambro Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

depending on your department you may meet some very nice people

Cons

those nice people may talk behind your back, or throw you under the bus if it will make them look better to the executive staff
    Offices are in the same building as the manufacturing plant , burning plastic and lack of safety precautions for air quality

"Strong, growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Cambro Manufacturing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has been in business since 1951, and the owner is the son of the original owner, so there is a lot of stability and low turnover, and growth. A new factory was built in North Carolina last year, but there were no layoffs in CA. Benefits are pretty good, with tuition assistance and 401k, etc. Employees are usually pretty friendly, and most supervisors listen to you and try to have good teamwork. Schedules are pretty reliable, too, so you can plan your weekend.

Cons

Lots of employees have been there forever, which means a lot are stuck in old ways of doing things. Some departments are great to work in, but some are not at all, so it depends on the supervisor. It seems like higher level managers don't know what's going on with the lower level supervisors and employees as people, they just look at numbers.

Advice to Management

Supervisors need to be less emotional and better leaders, and they need more training on that. Changes need to be communicated better, even positive changes make a lot of adjustments in the different departments.

"Purchasing Supervisor"

Current Employee - Purchasing Supervisor in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Purchasing Supervisor in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Cambro Manufacturing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is privately owned and the owner is a kind an benevolent person

Cons

The company is privately owned and technologies are dated, attitudes and the ability to make a meaningful impact is negligible.

Advice to Management

They would not take it even if it was offered, so I won't waste my breath

8. "Cambro Manufacturing, Inc"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Cambro Manufacturing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits and inside company perks

Cons

Poor upper management-an area they are working to improve

Advice to Management

open

9. "Intern"

Pros

Cambro has a great environment and how can you not love southern California? They have a great product and great culture. The thing I enjoyed most was the ethical standards. Even as an intern I was held to every ethical standard just as much as the CEO. Your not treated like a number.

Cons

If the food-service industry doesn't excite you than this just isn't the job for you. It's an industry that once you get into to it you don't really get out so having a passion for the industry is key. I realized I didn't LOVE this industry.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I think the management has a very friendly open door policy that contributes to the positive culture. I would engage interns a lot more. I learned a lot with my experience but feel like I could have learned even more if I just had more opportunities.

"Great place to work. when work flow is up?"

Current Employee - Packer in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Packer in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Cambro Manufacturing (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to Work I enjoy going to work

Cons

Not consistent Work poor forecasting

Advice to Management

Forecast Work Load better to keep employees working