KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Camden Property Trust Chairman and CEO Richard J. Campo
Richard J. Campo
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and tons of cool perks that you don't find at other companies.(in 89 reviews)
  • "Camden has an amazing culture and I am thrilled to be a part of it.(in 45 reviews)
  • "Pay is good(in 32 reviews)
  • "People are great.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Great leadership(in 25 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Camden Property Trust and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Fantastic company to work for

May 24, 2022 - Information Technology
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture - It's like a big family and people love working together, helping one another, and having fun. Benefits - Great benefits and tons of cool perks that you don't find at other companies. Training - There are tons of resources employees can use to grow their knowledge or their role and anything else that interests them. On the job training is great as well and you are assigned a mentor to help out. Advancement Opportunities - Camden really invests in it's people and want to set you up for success and growth.

Cons

Advancement can sometimes be a little slow because nobody leaves, which is a great sign itself, but is worth the wait.

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

We are happy to hear you find your work fulfilling and appreciate all that Camden has to offer! Best wishes for your continued success!

2. 5.0

Started in 2021

Jul 5, 2022 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great employee apartment discount and the leasing incentives are uncapped

Cons

None at the current moment

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

An honest review by a caring former employee...

Jul 2, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The relationships between employees is priceless, I am still in touch with many of my former co-workers and I stayed as long as I did because of them, they are what make this company great. -Employee suites are a great value and fun perk. -Team building activities. -I loved the Camden mentors and training programs. I gained a lot of professional knowledge during my time at Camden.

Cons

-The current base pay for employees is not a living wage and employee concerns have fallen on deaf ears for years. -Camden contols the rent for employees who rent from Camden, yet Camden does not discount their rent accordingly like their competitors do. -Camden's average annual salary increase is 3%-4% and their rental rates are averaging a national increase over 15% draining their employees personal funds. -Tenured employees are bullied in to keeping their salaries private while seeing with their own eyes that new employees are being hired at salaries higher much higher than theirs. When tenured employees express these concerns with leadership, they are told they "should be grateful" for their current positions and rate of pay.

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Camden. We are so glad you found that our training program sets associates up for success and that Camden creates a warm and engaging environment for team members. We are very proud of the culture our associates cultivate. I also appreciate you sharing your constructive feedback, as Camden strives to improve wherever possible. If there is anything else you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to me personally at EmployeeRelations@camdenliving.com. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The good, the bad, and the ugly

May 28, 2022 - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company really took care of its employees when covid first hit, there were a lot of employees who stayed home for a few weeks and still collected paychecks, plus they gave everyone a "covid" bonus. The majority of co-workers and managers I met were good people, and really seemed to care.

Cons

The organization seemed to almost feel like a cult, or like high school. Most of the folks there have only worked for Camden and been with them a while, so there's a sort of cliquish mentality. Either you're part of the group or you won't last long at all. And the folks who have been there awhile can get away with murder without any repercussions. This led to one of the most toxic work environments I have ever experienced, and I have worked in multiple leasing offices for several other companies.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience with Camden. I take your feedback quite seriously and assure you we care deeply about our employees, current, former and future. I’d love to hear more about your specific experience and encourage you to reach out using EmployeeRelations@camdenliving.com.

5. 5.0

Camden Culture

Jun 9, 2022 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is sweet and will go out of their way to help you. New roles and opportunities are always being made so you can progress your career in whatever your heart desires.

Cons

The only downside for me was a lot of change in dynamics when I first started. New roles and opportunities are being offered but not only did I have to learn a new role, so did our management due to these new roles.

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Your feedback is truly appreciated and necessary for our commitment to ongoing improvement as we continue to update our practices to best serve our team members and residents. Best wishes for your continued success!

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 25, 2022 - Leasing Agent in Katy, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is great. Pay is good. Opportunities to move around are available. benefits are good.

Cons

none that I can think of

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience with us here at Camden. Best wishes for your continued success!

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

No Work Life Balance

Jun 20, 2022 - Contact Center in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work from home.

Cons

Rigid schedule. No flexibility. No work life balance. No holidays off. Poor management. Poor training.

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience with Camden. We take your feedback quite seriously and assure you we care deeply about our employees, current, former and future. I’d love to hear more about your specific experience and encourage you to reach out using EmployeeRelations@camdenliving.com.

8. 1.0

Disappointing Changes

Jun 27, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

20% apartment discount, 401K, medical coverage

Cons

New changes of "nesting" working at multiple communities adding to work load with less staff and no increase in pay. No clear direction who is in charge, always seems that things get passed on. Told something different depending on who you ask. Upper management makes decisions more on a personal not professional level. Any discussion of pay gets dismissed. Sad the number of long term staff that has left. I no longer enjoy my job and its sad upper management does not care.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your experience. We want you to know we appreciate your candidness and take your comments quite seriously. Camden has a deep commitment to ensuring this is a place everyone feels welcome, valued, and is treated fairly. I’d love to hear more about your specific experience and encourage you to reach out using EmployeeRelations@camdenliving.com.

9. 5.0

Financial Analyst

Jun 24, 2022 - Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and benefits

Cons

No cons in my opinion

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

I'm so happy to see you believe Camden has a great company culture. We are very proud of the culture that our team members cultivate. Best wishes for your continued success!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for!

Jun 20, 2022 - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, family feel, growth opportunities

Cons

leasing incentives are not like they used to be

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

I'm so happy to see you believe Camden is an awesome company! We appreciate you sharing comments on the other topics and are always striving to improve wherever possible. Your feedback is truly appreciated and necessary for our commitment to ongoing improvement. We appreciate it. Best wishes for your continued success!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 603 Reviews

Camden Property Trust Reviews FAQs

Camden Property Trust has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 627 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Camden Property Trust to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Camden Property Trust employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Camden Property Trust. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

88% of Camden Property Trust employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Camden Property Trust 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Camden Property Trust to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Camden Property Trust Job Seekers