Camden Property Trust Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Camden Property Trust Chairman and CEO Richard J. Campo
Richard J. Campo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits (medical/dental/vision, apartment discount) (in 23 reviews)

• Great team-oriented environment, good benefits (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Workplace Excellence!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Camden is built on core values that allows us to be empowered and have fun. Camden offers a number of different programs we can participate in such as the mentor program, Camden blogs, management advisory committee as well as some creative teams for our awards ceremony and conference skits. Camden offers great perks for it's employees - my favorite is the corporate suites. Benefits are great as compared to previous employers within the same industry.

Cons

As every workplace has it's room for opportunities - I would have to say that head count per property could be reviewed for improvement. Seeing that Camden is such a great place to work for the number of upper management positions rarely come available leaving little room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Continue to initiate reinvention.

Jun 20, 2017 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

I love that you feel Camden represents workplace excellence and feel empowered while having fun (that's always important) We work really hard and are committed to delivering an excellent employee... More

2. "Good opportunity, lack of team chemistry"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Camden Property Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great earning potential, great culture

Cons

have to work every weekend,

Advice to Management

allow occasional weekends off in order to have better work/life balance

3. "Best work years of my life!"

I worked at Camden Property Trust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everything about this company is amazing. From the people, culture, structure, work ethic, teamwork, etc. I worked for this amazing company for 5 years! The only reason I left was because I was moving to an area that didn't have any Camden communities.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say. It can take some time to move up and that is the only downside.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, this company will always have a huge place in my heart!

Jul 30, 2017 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking a moment to leave Camden with such a positive review. I want to first thank you for the 5 years of hard work and contribution while with us. I am glad to see you found your... More

4. "Technical Support"

I worked at Camden Property Trust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. You will learn how to step beyond your comfort zone. From the Vice Presidents on up, they are grounded, easy to approach and make it a positive experience.

Cons

A Senior Admin once said the day to day feels like a circus. A former coworker said it’s like a high school click. I agree. Directors down through the ranks get too competitive that they lose focus of teamwork and get cut-throat.

Advice to Management

The values are excellent but they are not really practiced. You have people willing to cause harm to others to keep their own job. Just because a team lead is technical doesn’t mean they walk on water or can’t be replaced. Audit or investigate because you have people that break things to prove their point for their own agendas. From what I saw they collected information for blackmail and they were especially vindictive. Stop turning a blind eye.

"Camden is more than just a job"

Current Employee - Manager In Development in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Manager In Development in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Camden makes all of their employees feel like part of a family and something that is so much more than a job. It's not even a career, it's more like a lifestyle. Not only are you in an office with a great crew, but you are surrounded by districts and regions full of awesome team members who are there to support and guide you as you continue to grow with the company. Senior leadership is incredible and will strike up a conversation and really get to know anyone, in any position within the company. I have even seen some of them stop to help a resident during a building visit. Truly a lead by example team. Being with Camden makes you want to strive for more and really push to help grow your community, as well as the overall company.

Cons

To date... I am unable to come up with a real CON for working here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Jul 30, 2017 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

We are thrilled you have joined us and are really happy to hear that you are enjoying your career at Camden. I am proud to read that you feel supported and are surrounded by talented team members you... More

"Maintenance Supervisor"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Camden is by far the best company I have ever worked for. They truly care about you and your family. Great benefits,training and support. Customer focused and amazing culture. I have committed myself to a long term career with Camden.

Cons

I have recruited 5 people to Camden. Cant say much negative about the company. Of course they are not perfect, but they have greatly increased my family's quality of life.

Jul 17, 2017 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Great people know great people! We are so glad to see that you have played a part in recruiting so many new Camden team members. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled that... More

7. "Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have great opportunities to move up in the company as long as you are willing to work hard. The people are amazing and the Camden culture is the best.

Cons

The commute is pretty far but it is all worth it to work here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I love how much I have been learning and everyone is always willing to help.

Jul 14, 2017 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Camden. I am glad that you are learning and developing while with us and find both our team members and our culture to be amazing. Please... More

8. "Incredible culture. Amazing people from the top all the way to starting positions."

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Camden truly cares about their employees and their customers. It is rare when you find a job you look forward to each day.

Cons

Anytime you work with the public, there are going to be some challenges.

Jul 17, 2017 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

I'm so happy to see you believe Camden is an awesome company with an incredible culture and amazing people. We thank you for the review and are happy to see you look forward to coming to work each... More

9. "Great culture with OK advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of Camden is the people you work with... and MOST of the customers as well (but that is the same everywhere). Management will support your growth if you seek it out.

Cons

Lots and lots of things to do that pull you in multiple directions and it does get stressful. Less compensation in commissions than other companies (offset a little by the great culture). Not much opportunity for growth because high tenured employees don't leave and Camden is not expanding rapidly at this point to create those opportunities.

Advice to Management

I would like to see us continue to progress in the customer experience area. We are good, but not great. I think everyone in management already knows this, however, and are already working on making these improvements.

Jul 17, 2017 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

I totally agree, it’s the people who make Camden an incredible company. We appreciate your feedback on all topics mentioned. Some cities are smaller and advancement opportunities may not arise as... More

10. "Great Company to work for!"

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Camden really strives to be a great company to work for and a great place to live. They know that people are their biggest asset and definitely invest in them.

Cons

So apparently you have to enter 5 words in the con box to proceed.

Jun 29, 2017 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

You are absolutely right, Camden works really hard to be a great place to work and live, happy to see that you agree with this ongoing commitment Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts... More