KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 13, 2021

4.7
Camden Property Trust Chairman and CEO Richard J. Campo
Richard J. Campo
Pros
  • "Great benefits, room for growth(in 61 reviews)

• "Camden has been a Great company to work for(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No support from upper management(in 25 reviews)

• "Work life balance is almost nonexistent(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Fantastic Company -Trust me you want in on this!

Mar 30, 2021 - Community Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Camden offers excellent career growth opportunities, amazing benefits and real team spirit. You meet tons of amazing people in all departments. Lots of education and development, great work environment, fun events, 401k, stock buy in, paid holidays, bonuses, awards and tuition reimbursement. This company shows me again and again why they are simply the best. We have a unparalleled fun, corporate vibe and team spirit and you have so many opportunities to grow professionally.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard as well as play hard. If you are driven and motivated and like to tackle a full work day this is a career company for you. You need to be a motivated, committed, self starter. You won’t be bored, I promise!

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for the kind words and glowing review of Camden! We are happy to hear you find your work fulfilling. We have high expectations when it comes to customer service and it is team members like you that make it a better place

2. 5.0

Best Company Ever

May 13, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Camden has offered me the opportunity to continue to learn and grow as I climb the latter. They create an environment that makes you feel like you as an individual matter rather than being lost in the shuffle of just being an employee. I can reach out to any of my colleagues for assistance no matter which property they are working at and I always find the answer that I set out for.

Cons

Some people from the North (New Jersey or New York) seem to associate Camden with Camden New Jersey and Camden New Jersey is a dangerous scary place to live.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture and great internal growth opportunities

Apr 15, 2021 - Community Manager in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

-There are lots of opportunities to climb the ladder - Camden is really big on promoting within. If there aren't open opportunities within the market you're in, there are lots of markets located within desirable cities to live in all over the country. -Pay is really solid, especially compared to competitor companies in the market. The incentives for leasing and manager bonuses are a nice addition. - The culture is really positive and every team I've worked with at different sites has been really welcoming and kind. -The work life balance is fairly good! As a leasing consultant or assistant manager, working so many weekends can be tough, but they are transparent about needing to do that when hiring. Having week days off after working a weekend can be nice as well! -Fun company events such as ACE awards and leasing rallies. Hopefully those come back post-Covid! -Forward thinking company that is ahead of the curve on a lot of technology advancements in the industry. -Good benefits including vacation suites and employee discounts living onsite.

Cons

-Some of the policies have gone downhill over the years, mainly in terms of charges and fees. It seems like fees are constantly increasing, with nothing for the residents to justify or show for it. -Turnover has seemed to increase over the years. Hopefully we will go back to having long tenured employees. I think a lot of it has to do with scheduling and working on the weekends, so hopefully this may become more flexible in the future.

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience with us here at Camden. Your additional feedback truly appreciated and necessary for our commitment to ongoing improvement. Best wishes for your continued success!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Such a great company to work for!

May 10, 2021 - Regional Marketing Director in Orange, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Camden is great. Since day one, I have felt welcomed and appreciated by everyone on my team, and by colleagues from different departments. Everyone is so helpful and friendly! The company is well-established and processes like expenses and travel is very easy. I have learned a lot while being here and I appreciate the courses they offer for employee development. It is easy to work from home because I was given a company laptop, PC screen, and connector docking station. We work with Microsoft Teams which is also very easy! Management is really good about understanding what is happening in my day-to-day work life without being overwhelmingly involved. They have a high level sense of what is going on in my world without being overbearing.

Cons

There is not a discount on pet insurance like there are at some other large companies.

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Camden. We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience with us here at Camden. Best wishes for your continued success!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hands down- the best company to work for.❤️

Mar 18, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I write this review with sincerity & respect for Camden. I have been an employee for over 3 years and I can confidently say that it is the best company I have worked for. I write this review to let everyone know that if you are looking for a company that cares about you as a person then this is the one. This past year, like many others, my family and I have faced so many challenges from my husband being furloughed to recently losing a loved one to COVID-19. During this difficult time I had to be out of the business but my leadership was very empathetic & supportive. “Nothing is more important than your family” is what I was repeatedly told. “Just let me know what I can do for you” is all I heard. I have had the pleasure of working for two amazing, CM’s whom have been so understanding and have no idea just how much I appreciate them. Their leadership inspires and motivates me to give 100% each and everyday. I can only imagine they feel valued as employees and in turn make me feel valued as well. Some might say I have been lucky and that might be true but what I do know is that I am team Camden, through and through. 💚

Cons

I have none to mention at this time.

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience with us here at Camden. It is always heartwarming to know our teams are coming together to support each other and our residents during these difficult times.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

You won't believe it till you experience it !

Apr 13, 2021 - District Coordinator in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not only will the Camden company become your family but when your personal values align with the company values, you know it's a good fit. Camden believes and supports their employees. You can see this with how they care for not just their customers but also their employee. Camden knows how to work hard and perform but we also know how to have fun and bring a culture that is sometimes unbelievable to others. Yes we have FUN ! Camden wants their employees to feel like they belong and you can see that in how their care for their employees.

Cons

Only you can hold yourself back. No matter your title or position within the company you voice matters.

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your experience with us here at Camden for nearly a decade now. Best wishes for your continued success!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Camden really is a great place to work!

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy going to work everyday! Camden has a very positive culture and I feel encouraged to learn new skills and grow in my career.

Cons

Pay is not as high as some competitors. 3 month delay on health benefits, 6 month delay on retirement benefits.

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

I'm so happy to see you believe Camden is a great place to work with encouraging and supportive teams! We also appreciate you sharing comments on the other topics and are always striving to improve wherever possible. Your feedback is truly appreciated and necessary for our commitment to ongoing improvement. We appreciate it.

8. 5.0

lives up to the values

May 13, 2021 - Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Camden values each team member and gives everyone an opportunity to do their best work. Expectations are clearly defined and there is always support if you need it.

Cons

Sometimes work is too siloed, and departments could benefit from keeping each other informed and coordinating with each other to get better results.

9. 5.0

Best in the business!

Apr 13, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Camden goes above and beyond to exceed expectations day in and day out! Not only for their employees, but their residents as well. High energy and enthusiasm is a value we hold very close to the heart. Safe, fun, and productive work environment is the name of the game. They did an incredible job managing and prioritizing safety through the pandemic. Could not recommend a better career path to take for property management! Camden promotes internally which provides an incredible opportunity to climb the ladder. Overall, 10/10. Come ready to work hard and you will be met with open arms!

Cons

Scheduling can be tough at times, be prepared to work some weekends. But they offer ample vacation time and PTO!

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

We are so happy to hear you feel valued and appreciated at Camden. We have high expectations when it comes to customer service and it is team members like you that make it a better place. Best wishes for your continued success!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company actually cares about you and your development

Apr 10, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always offering opportunities to learn, management wants you to set goals higher than just leasing, pay is great, benefits are AWESOME. They have something called the "Camden Soapbox" where you can share ideas on how to improve the company or things you don't like, and they respond pretty often to the ideas and implement the ones they can.

Cons

Working weekends is tough when you want to hang with friends. Hours are shorter on weekends though which is nice. A little stupid that they want to you get a minimum of a certain number of follow ups (phone calls, emails, etc.). Sometimes dealing with residents can be super annoying, but that is not Camden's fault.

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you have had a great experience with Camden. We know our people are our "secret sauce" and it is team members like you that make it a better place. Best wishes for your continued success!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 471 Reviews