Camden Property Trust Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 247 reviews

4.1
Camden Property Trust CEO Richard J. Campo
Richard J. Campo
Pros
  • "Camden offers great benefits and there is defiantly room for growth(in 33 reviews)

• "Great company , nice people to work with(in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Pure Magic

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time

Pros

Incredible culture Sense of family Access to all levels of leadership Ability to advance Leaders consider and implement new ideas from any employee Great recognition Encourage having fun

Cons

This is a company where there are few cons. It is hard work and you will be challenged but if you are proactive about your own career development and are a positive individual you will succeed.

February 13, 2018Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Wow. Reading this makes me so proud. It makes me incredibly happy that you feel working here is "pure magic" and have listed so many great pros. We truly hope you have a long and meaningful career with us at Camden and are here to support your continued growth. Thanks again for sharing ...

2. Camden Review

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time

Pros

-sense of community/family -opportunities to grow -setting each employee up for success -technological improvements are constantly making the job easier -fun work environment -competitive compensation and benefits

Cons

I see no downsides as this company has been nothing but good to me

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You truly have a special culture here!

January 11, 2019Senior Vice President of Human Resources

I am so happy to hear that you have so many positive things to say about Camden. We are very proud of the Camden culture and are grateful to have employees like you that make it a great place to work!

3. Highly recommended

Current Employee - Network Administrator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

You would be hard-pressed to find a more encouraging, supportive company culture. I have been with Camden for over 10 years and hope to be around for another decade. Employees are supported in both their personal and professional goals. Salaries and benefits are competitive, and our employee vacation units have come in handy for several family vacations.

Cons

With a relatively small company and low turnover, it can take longer to move up. However, Camden makes sure that all employees can develop within their roles and position themselves for promotions when they are available; there is no wasted time here, only time spent learning and growing.

January 4, 2019Senior Vice President of Human Resources

We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience with us here at Camden over the past decade! It's team members like you that make it a better place.

4. Great Culture

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Access to all levels of leadership Team culture

Cons

You work 3/4 weekends a month Frequent 8 day work weeks (super draining)

Advice to Management

allow leasing consultants to have more regular schedules.

5. Great experience

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Working for Camden has been such a great experience! Being here for almost 9 years, I can honestly say they have taken really well care of their employees. We really do become family and try to live by our Camden Values! They offer great benefits as well and help pay for school!

Cons

We work long hours a day and we work 10 days at a time. It can make it difficult to balance work, school, and family/ fun time. Also, we work Sundays.

Advice to Management

Please reconsider the employees schedules. We often feel over-worked and being in such a fast paced environment, that can cause a little bit of stress.

6. Best Company

Current Employee - Service Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Positive work environment, team work, and diverse roles.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with the company.

Advice to Management

Help managers be more fair across the board

January 2, 2019Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and advice. Best wishes for your continued success!

7. Amazing Company

Former Employee - Community Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Culture, Benefits and Team Members

Cons

Sold all of there vegas portfolio

December 21, 2018Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for leaving us a review! We hope you gained some valuable experience and good memories during your time at Camden. We wish you great success in your next venture.

8. Awesome work place

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great benefits, pay and Camden culture is the best!

Cons

None at the moment with them

December 21, 2018Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very proud of the Camden culture, and it is team members like you that make it a better place.

9. Simply Amazing!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The best thing about Camden is the sense of family and friends. It's so encouraging to have such great support among your peers and rewarding to be recognized by our leadership. You definitely feel valued at Camden!

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say...medical insurance could be cheaper, but what else is new?

Advice to Management

It so refreshing to have a leadership team that is grounded and focused on the success of Camden and their employees.

December 21, 2018Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy that you think Camden is amazing!

10. Best place to work!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great benefits Amazing culture Work/life balance Great values Incredible leadership Growth opportunity Endless training opportunities Volunteer opportunities (Camden Cares) Tuition reimbursement Positive/friendly atmosphere Hands down Camden has the best CEO (Richard Campo) any company could ever ask for!

Cons

Quite honestly, it's very hard to think of any cons. The only con is the pay is not as high as many other property management companies, but Camden has so many other great things to offer.

December 21, 2018Senior Vice President of Human Resources

We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience with us here at Camden. Best wishes for your continued success!

Found 247 reviews