Camden Property Trust Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Pure Magic"

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time

Pros

Incredible culture
    Sense of family
    Access to all levels of leadership
    Ability to advance
    Leaders consider and implement new ideas from any employee
    Great recognition
    Encourage having fun

Cons

This is a company where there are few cons. It is hard work and you will be challenged but if you are proactive about your own career development and are a positive individual you will succeed.

Feb 13, 2018 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Wow. Reading this makes me so proud. It makes me incredibly happy that you feel working here is "pure magic" and have listed so many great pros. We truly hope you have a long and meaningful career... More

2. "Leasing Consultant"

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time

Pros

Good management, opportunity for upward mobility, fun environment, education assistance

Cons

No cons to list at this time

Oct 31, 2018 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy that you are enjoying the Camden culture and benefits. Best wishes for your continued success!

3. "Leasing Consultant"

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time

Pros

Benefits, Work Environment, Camden Culture, Incentives, Pay, Camden Fun Days

Cons

This isn't a con but be ready to work weekends in this role.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work Camden! The way you all care for your employees is unlike any company I have ever worked for!

Nov 19, 2018 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience with us here at Camden. Best wishes for your continued success!

4. "Leasing Consultant"

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time

Pros

Can be a fun environment

Cons

not much room for career growth

5. "Good and bad"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Camden Property Trust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture and benefit the CEO of the company they care about their employees

Cons

Lazy supervisor ,has to do my job and his

Advice to Management

Camden is a great company for work. Good benefits and great Camden culture.i worked for Camden for the past 4 years and a half,it was a good experience the job was hard and fun at the same time. For the past 4 years I enjoy work at Camden. Until the the district manager offer me, to transfer to another community with better pay,I went to Camden plantation to camden Las olas, big mistake,the maintenance supervisor, is the most lazy and fake person treat his maintenance team like his slave, until we working he spent most of his time sitting in the computer, and the properties manager, he is a rookie and to arrogant and doesn't follow Camden culture. After 4 months working with them, I quit I couldn't take it no more,no matter how hard you work, those two person don't appreciate you,.supervisor and manager , the still working at Camden just because the district manager is their buddy,it and human resources can't do anything about it, a lot employees complain about the way they treat employees at Camden Las olas in south Florida, because district manager instead punish them ,she rewarded them, believe me if you call human resource she will tell you how many people has complain about the supervisor and manager .district manager just promote her buddy's, no hard working people sad but is the true

Nov 5, 2018 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that overall, your experience with Camden has been positive. If you would like to share more about your specific experience, I... More

6. "Fake"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Camden Property Trust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and decent pay.

Cons

Thought was great company loved job. Managers often were lazy but not company fault. Work for them for 4 years till I got sick. Camden was supposed to work around my physical disability. Instead their attitude changed and they started treating me bad and would make job harder on me. Basically, pushed me out of job. Dr finally pulled me from work since they wouldn't work with limits. Went from feeling part of family to feeling like a burden.

Advice to Management

If someone developes medical disability try to coach managers more in home to be patient and compassionate towards them not act like a burden on them. Also feel Camden is getting so big they r turning into corporate zombies. When I first started the company was a lot more focused on customers and employees. Now they focus on jacking rent and making money. Just feel lost focus on who they were. Sad cause it was once amazing company to be part of.

Nov 19, 2018 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your experience. We appreciate your candidness and take your comments quite seriously. I’d welcome the opportunity to learn more about your specific... More

7. "Camden Vantage Review"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive and motivated team, diverse workforce and residents

Cons

Have not ran into any so far!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Oct 29, 2018 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We are happy to hear that you have such positive comments about your team!

8. "Leasing Consultant"

Current Employee - Leasig Consultant
    Current Employee - Leasig Consultant

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is awesome and everyone treats you like family. Values are very important

Cons

None to note at this time

Oct 29, 2018 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for stopping by to share your review. We are thrilled that you have had a positive experience at Camden!

"It's been a pretty great company! (But...)"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great owners, fair pay/bonus structure, endless benefits...

Cons

"Career wear," ALWAYS have to be open (even in poor weather conditions), too many changes.

Advice to Management

I have been with the Camden for 10 + years. There have been great processes and, as of recent, below grade processes.
    I have had a fair share of opportunities with Camden and I am thankful. The owners are wonderful. I have met a lot of great great GREAT people.
    I do believe I am paid very fairly for my position and that the bonuses are just as fair.
    They also offer great benefits, and ones that not every company would. Such as, adoption funds, college tuition coverage for employee's children, stocks, employee emergency funds, etc. We also get several Holidays off, even the day after Thanksgiving (aka Good Friday).
    On the downside I will start with the career wear. It is not attractive and should be replaced with a nationwide clothing store so employees can go and try on career wear (Express, or even a dept store that offer lines of Career Wear).
    Also, they take 'pride' in staying open as scheduled NO MATTER what. Hurricanes, or snow storms?... You better be at work or your using your personal vaca time to stay home...What is the point when the residents only come in and ask why we are open and say that we should be home safe instead?
    In recent years they decided to extend Sunday hours from 1pm-5pm, to 10am-5pm instead. Very very disappointing decision.
    They have trimmed a lot of fat on company events.... even volunteer days. We do not close the whole day and give back to our community as a whole company like we used to. They now do it over two days and in four hour shifts.
    On our company's Fall Fun days we have to stay open for a few hours; we used to be closed the whole days. This also went for Holiday lunches as well. I am thankful that we were able to be closed the whole day from the beginning. But disappointing to have these benefits later taken away.
    Sad.... What happened to Happy Employees, Happy Residents...?
    Last complaint... they are ALWAYS starting some new initiative... too many! Let us serve our residents, customers, and vendors! Let us provide homes.
    Too many new processes, taking us away from what is most important. But we better have 5 star ratings on all the social media outlets.
    In the past few years their has been a lot of turn over in Charlotte, NC
    Employees are burnt out.
    You can't keep building the bench if it continuously is breaking...
    All star players are going to go elsewhere.
    Camden, fix your foundation, it's starting to crumble.

Oct 23, 2018 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience with Camden. We are so happy to hear that you have been with the Camden family for so long! We understand and recognize that the Sunday schedule adjustment was... More

10. "Good company"

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time

Pros

Good pay vacations its a normal management company

Cons

No cons for now but im not to picky

Oct 29, 2018 – Senior Vice President of Human Resources

We are happy to hear that overall, your experience with Camden has been positive. Thanks for taking the time to post your review.