Camden Property Trust "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Camden Property Trust Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Oct 25, 2019

4.5
Camden Property Trust Chairman and CEO Richard J. Campo
Richard J. Campo
Pros
  • "Great benefits and training in house(in 52 reviews)

• "I have loved being a part of a great company that cares for their employees like their own family(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "On some occasions it seems that even when you bring an issue to HR or upper management no action is taken(in 24 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance can be tricky at times but it's getting better(in 13 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"The best in the Industry"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Largo, MD

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the best company you can work for. Treat employees like family members, Great Benefits, Always giving back to the community and the most important you are just more than an employee

Cons

You wont regret coming on board!

Advice to Management

Do not change anything because what you have in place is what makes me come to work everyday. Thank you for always treating employees like family members.

Camden Property Trust2019-03-07
  2. "I LOVE Camden!"

Current Employee - Manager In Development in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for less than a year

Pros

Where to start? Camden has such a wonderful company culture about them that truly sets them apart from the competition. This culture is across all markets, too. Not just where I work in Raleigh! From the Mid-Atlantic all the way to California, the at home feeling you get as soon as you come to work is consistent - I never feel as if I am going to "work"... I'm always excited to come in and get people a new home and to share the Camden Culture. Also, Camden has so many great benefits for their employees that continues that trend of setting them apart. When I was an Intern with Camden in the Mid-Atlantic I knew from Day 1 of that experience that I wanted to become a member of the Camden family. Permanently.

Cons

None at all - Camden is the place to be!

Camden Property Trust2019-09-18

"Good but not all it's cracked up to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits Corporate office is amazing Comprehensive training programs Competitive pay and commission

Cons

Corporate and on site culture are very different. When I first got hired I was told all of Camden was like a big family. So far as an on site team member I have not experienced that at all. They also place (in my opinion) too much emphasis on a college degree. There is no position working on site that requires a degree, and team members with years of experience but no degree should not be considered "less qualified" for those positions.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at your managers. If you are seeing high employee turn over at 1 property there is probably an issue. Reevaluate your policy on preferential treatment to team members with degrees vs experience.

Camden Property Trust2019-10-25
  4. "Camden is Amazing!"

Current Employee - Peer Trainer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started with Camden a few months ago and they have proven that it is a great company to work for! Employees first is a priority and they try their best to make it a fun environment. Benefits are great and company perks are awesome. There is opportunity for growth and development if you utilize your resources properly. I've enjoyed my time at Camden so far!

Cons

Camden does not pay as much as some of their competitors. Hopefully they evaluate salaries soon to match or surpass them. Camden is a rapidly growing company and in an area where housing is super expensive, a salary that can accommodate to the escalated prices of housing would be beneficial.

Camden Property Trust2019-09-18

"Camden is a good company to work for!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Camden has great benefits, Good training, and fun events.

Cons

Camden culture has changed a lot. They preach about being a team, but it doesn't feel that way anymore. It's who you know. The pay could be a little bit more competitive. I used to LOVE my job now I just like it.

Camden Property Trust2019-09-30
  6. "#CamdenHappy"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Camden has been a great place to work! There is room for advancement if you’re patient or are willing to relocate if you’re looking to advance sooner. The benefits are great especially the Employee Guest Suite, tuition reimbursement, and 401k matching! They offer great training including a one-on-one mentor program that sets new employees up for success and creates lasting relationships between new employees and their mentors.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. My only wish was that Camden was still in Las Vegas, but then I wouldn’t have had the privilege to meet and get to know all the great people I have here in Dallas.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

Camden Property Trust2019-08-28
  7. "Great Place for Positive Individuals"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than a year

Pros

Set schedules with two days off consecutively, positive working environment, amazing management all the way up to the top of the company. There will be opportunities to grow in your role and up to the next. You will mostly be working around others with high standards of work ethic and it makes you really feel proud of your accomplishments because of that. Great benefits, plenty of bonuses and a great opportunity to make friends with others who are a higher caliber than most competitors.

Cons

You will be required to work weekends (not an issue for me, I like being in on the bigger sales opportunity days). The expectations for you will be higher than most other property management companies (again, not an issue for me as I like to keep busy at work).

Camden Property Trust2019-08-29
  8. "Camden is the way!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, great employees, great growth opportunity

Cons

Not enough Camden's around the U.S. to transfer to and create more experiences. More clothing options with ICO, more company outings with other property management companies.

Camden Property Trust2019-08-27
  9. "Good solid employment"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Highly organized .great benefits! Good culture

Cons

No real Serious negative issues

Advice to Management

More team building

Camden Property Trust2019-08-23
  10. "The Melting Pot of Careers"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Varied Work Fields Great Benefits Work Life Balance Family Environment

Cons

It’s a bit difficult to move up or around in the company. Most employees have tenure of 15+ years which is great but openings are slim.

Camden Property Trust2019-08-23