Camden Property Trust "great company" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Camden Property Trust Employee Reviews about "great company"

Updated Sep 18, 2019

4.5
Camden Property Trust Chairman and CEO Richard J. Campo
Richard J. Campo
Pros
  • "Great benefits and training in house(in 52 reviews)

• "I have loved being a part of a great company that cares for their employees like their own family(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "On some occasions it seems that even when you bring an issue to HR or upper management no action is taken(in 24 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance can be tricky at times but it's getting better(in 13 reviews)

Reviews about "great company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Camden is Amazing!"

Current Employee - Peer Trainer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started with Camden a few months ago and they have proven that it is a great company to work for! Employees first is a priority and they try their best to make it a fun environment. Benefits are great and company perks are awesome. There is opportunity for growth and development if you utilize your resources properly. I've enjoyed my time at Camden so far!

Cons

Camden does not pay as much as some of their competitors. Hopefully they evaluate salaries soon to match or surpass them. Camden is a rapidly growing company and in an area where housing is super expensive, a salary that can accommodate to the escalated prices of housing would be beneficial.

Camden Property Trust2019-09-18
  2. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for less than a year

Pros

Camden is a great company to work for! Great perks and benefits and you can tell that the company really cares for its employees. Camden is great at hiring very positive, hard working and outgoing employees. I love that Camden offers non stop training courses. If you are someone new to this field like me it was a huge plus that Camden takes the time to train you and set you up to be successful in your role.

Cons

The pay and commission could be better, leasing consultants are required to work every single weekend, difficult to maintain a good work-life balance, depending on your region their isn't a lot of growth due to lack of communities and long term employees

Advice to Management

Consider re-evaluating the hours on Sundays or offer a weekend off for leasing consultants to help improve morale and work-life balance. Open more properties in the DFW/Frisco area so that there are more opportunities for growth

Camden Property Trust2019-09-15

"Great company"

Former Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing benefits, incredible culture, over all amazing experience. Stayed there over 15 years because it was such a great company.

Cons

You have to move to texas to be considered for any corporate positions.

Camden Property Trust2019-05-01
  4. "Camden Feel like a Family inclding the Hugs!"

Current Employee - Area Community Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Camden is a wonderful company. The culture is the best I have ever been a part of. From day one you are welcomed with open arms. Despite it's size, no one in Camden feels like a stranger. I have been all over the country for Camden, and each trip feels like I am going to visit my family! Camden is an exciting company with great opportunities to grow as a professional and as a person. Our company is constantly expanding which gives us the unique ability to move around and take on new challenges and roles within the company. One of my absolute favorite parts about Camden Property Trust is our Camden Cares events. I love knowing that my company cares for, and gives back to the cities we are in. With any job, there are hard times. When those hard times do arise, I know that I have a strong support network through Camden. All in all, when I started with Camden, I expected nothing more than just a job. Seven years later, they have proved to be much more than that. I have loved being a part of a great company that cares for their employees like their own family.

Cons

I have no cons for Camden Property Trust.

Camden Property Trust2019-04-12

"Fake"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and decent pay.

Cons

Thought was great company loved job. Managers often were lazy but not company fault. Work for them for 4 years till I got sick. Camden was supposed to work around my physical disability. Instead their attitude changed and they started treating me bad and would make job harder on me. Basically, pushed me out of job. Dr finally pulled me from work since they wouldn't work with limits. Went from feeling part of family to feeling like a burden.

Advice to Management

If someone developes medical disability try to coach managers more in home to be patient and compassionate towards them not act like a burden on them. Also feel Camden is getting so big they r turning into corporate zombies. When I first started the company was a lot more focused on customers and employees. Now they focus on jacking rent and making money. Just feel lost focus on who they were. Sad cause it was once amazing company to be part of.

Camden Property Trust2018-11-15
  6. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for less than a year

Pros

Camden offers great benefits and there is defiantly room for growth. They offer additional training classes which is helpful in an ever changing market. You can really tell that Camden appreciates their employees.

Cons

No cons. All around great company.

Camden Property Trust2018-10-08

"Human Resources and Regional Management failed to follow up and provide a comfortable and safe work environment."

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing benefits and a promise of great company culture.

Cons

Human Resources fails to follow up or even initially reach out with employee harassment. What is also disappointing is that the Regional Managers do not take the lead to ensure that employees are not being harassed by residents and internal Camden employees even after it was reported multiple times. Ultimately I was looking forward to having a long and successful career with Camden but it is not worth the ongoing harassment and dismissive attitude from upper management and HR. Work place harassment is not taken seriously which is completely shocking as Camden is advertised as a “great place to work”. Career Growth is also difficult due to regional management setting appointments to provide career coaching and either failing to follow-up or cancelling multiple times. I did not feel valued as an employee.

Advice to Management

Los Angeles is completely disconnected from the corporate headquarters in Houston. Human Resources needs to be more in touch with California laws, values and culture. Management needs to take workplace concerns seriously and have timely follow up with onsite employees.

Camden Property Trust2018-08-03

"Leasing conslutant with Camden property trust"

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time

Pros

Great company culture. Training from the beginning and throughout.

Cons

New LA developments are losing Camden culture

Advice to Management

Focus more on La properties

Camden Property Trust2018-06-05

"Great Company but a bad Manager runs off quality team members."

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture, benefits and overall generous.

Cons

Your manager determines your entire career with Camden and rather there is room for upward mobility for you which can be extremely unfair.

Advice to Management

On-site management: Hire only those experienced with that software for this location. It is a very intricate program and teaching is NOT your strong suit. Yes, there are lot's of learning tools but your store-front is too busy for that at this location and new people that know the least are in the front the most. Upper management: Clean house of the dinosaurs. A millenial out of college will have a stronger skill set in a very short time and they will do it for much lower salary to start. (Numbers matter!) You need progressive mindsets to match the overall progressive nature of the company. Honestly, a manager working for 20 years that has no secondary education can not justify the large salary anymore. This breeds grounds for some pretty ridiculous office politics and runs off a lot of good people.

Camden Property Trust2018-04-13
  10. "anonymous review"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Camden Property Trust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company , nice people to work with

Cons

good benefit, great pay, good culture

Advice to Management

great people to work with

Camden Property Trust2018-03-26