Camelot Care Center Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Office manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Camelot Care Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Morale oriented, client oriented, very flexible hours

Cons

Lack of general training for new hires

2. "Super Fun, hard work, felxible."

Current Employee - Prevention in Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Prevention in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Camelot Care Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you need a job that is as flexible as you are... works well with your home life balance, yet puts you in the field working with children and families, mental health, and fostercare...its a fun place to work

Cons

If you are looking for big bucks, low stress, and a 9-5 with weekends off... look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, and look for opportunities in order to pay more incentives...also look for ways to develop staff into leadership.

3. "Former employee"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Cleveland, TN
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Cleveland, TN

Pros

When I originally worked for Camelot there was definitely a family like atmosphere. The company was supportive of its employees. Training was ample. There was room for growth.

Cons

As time went on and the company grew, changes in upper management created a change in the company's atmosphere. The family like environment and support was gone and replaced with a goal of making more money. Not that making money is a bad goal but there is definitely a need for balance in the company. The company went from winning the best place of employment in Nashville, to suffering high turn over and contract issues.

Advice to Management

Listen to your managerial staff, especially those who have worked their ways up from the bottom. Remember you are working with people as clients and as employees, none of them are robots. Learn to appreciate those who have been loyal and diligent in their work for the company.

5. "RN Supervisor"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Youngstown, OH
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Youngstown, OH

I worked at Camelot Care Center (Less than a year)

Pros

Small homelike atmosphere less than 100 bed SNF/LTC

Cons

Cultural Sensitivity Training for ALL Employee levels/positions (Management inclusive). LPN Staff /Resident ratio review (acuity based)

Advice to Management

There are some very good dedicated LPN's and STNAs' some new some with longevity. Watch for staff burn out. Render positive rewards of verbal praise . In- servicing and Routine Monthly Staff meetings would be helpful for improved educational value and promote staff understanding along with general morale. Break the "friend click" save that for after hours not work hours. Hold all employees accountable to the same set of standards of care. Its all about rendering good quality/safe care to the Residents in "their home". Can be a great place to work.

6. "Good employer, Pay not the greatest"

Pros

Great job. Great work environment.

Cons

Benefits aren't the greatest. I feel the pay for my position is very low compared to others in the area also. In my position, a degree doesn't mean very much.

Advice to Management

Definitely look into raises and the cost of living.

7. "In-Home Therapist (Foster Care)"

I worked at Camelot Care Center full-time

Pros

Not many to list; working with youth in foster care was somewhat rewarding.

Cons

Low pay; long hours after seeing clients; inconsistent schedule; long commute (expect to put a lot of miles on your car!); not able to take vacation time without having client visits covered

Advice to Management

Pay your therapist what they are worth, especially at the masters level; offer better mileage reinbursement; more opportunity for advancement

8. "Great team atmosphere"

I have been working at Camelot Care Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are what make this company so great. Everyone is very supportive and like to laugh and have fun. We all help each other whenever issues arise. This is also a company where we are directly making a difference with children/youth who are in State's custody or about to go into State's custody so it gives me a sense of purpose when doing my job.

Cons

Pay is terrible and the hours are rough. It's basically a second shift job. The benefits are also terrible. The company is very unstructured in the sense that Camelot is owned by a big company named Providence Service Corporation. I just get a very strong feeling of lack of communication and disconnected at times in this company.

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively and empower the employees who pay your salary.

9. "fine until you get hassled by the directors about bringing up profits"

I worked at Camelot Care Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

working with clients, most staff supportive and friendly

Cons

micromanaging management, not enough client supplies

Advice to Management

allow clinical staff to manage therapists - more training