Camelot Education Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Todd Bock

"Dedicated to individualized care for exceptional students!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

I have been working at Camelot Education full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The teams really come together to design individualized education and clinical plans to support their students. There is a continued commitment to meeting each students' needs that includes training and support for team members. The clinical team is organized and committed to assessment and delivery of the best services possible.

The schedule is great with a lot of holidays and time off, and the company offers a lot of incentives and fun region wide competition and culture building activities! There is always something fun planned for staff and/or students.

Cons

working in the helping profession inevitably brings difficulty- some days can be more stressful that others with trying to problem solve more ways to help support our students.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your teams and increase diversity of trainings and support! Top down leadership is crucial to a successful team.

Feb 15, 2017 – Communications

Thank you very much for your feedback! We're so glad you enjoy working at Camelot Education and we appreciate all that you do to help our students!

2. "Working for a profit education sector"

I worked at Camelot Education full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers really cared about their students.
    Team effor in getting the students and quality education.

Cons

No updated books
    Lack of tools given by the organization
    Money first then the safety of the workers

3. "Different every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at Camelot Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff and great students. School schedule is a good benefit. Everyday is different and challenging in a fun way.

Cons

Salary is not as high as other places, but it isn't terrible either.

Feb 15, 2017 – Communications

Thank you very much for your feedback, it's very helpful. We're glad that you are challenged every day, and we appreciate all that you do for Camelot Education students.

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Camelot Education full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Support that I received from my administrators, open door policy and very easy to talk too

Cons

More paperwork due the state demands

Advice to Management

Continue supporting your staff as you have done in the past 4 years

Feb 15, 2017 – Communications

Thank you very much for your review; we are glad that you enjoy working for Camelot and we are so happy to have great teachers like you!

"If you are in for the right reason...."

I have been working at Camelot Education full-time

Pros

Student and most of the staff. The students are challenging but its great fun seeing them be successful. I think everyone tries within there own roles, paras, teachers, related services and administration. I do think that most people have a lot things on their plate and everyone needs to go above and beyond to best help students. The amount of paid time off is very nice, you learn everyday from the people around you. In general, if you have a positive personality it can be a great place to work.

Cons

Some great staff have worked here for a long time without wage increase.

Advice to Management

People will continue to turn over without pay increases. I know that raises were not happening nationwide in all companies but now things have gotten better please consider giving paraprofessionals that work very hard and are very needed, a pay increase.

Jan 26, 2017 – Communications

Thank you very much for your feedback, and for the work you do to help our students. We’re always striving to improve our programs for both students and staff, and your review and comments on pay ... More

"If you arent willing to turn a blind eye or be part of the "good old boys" youre wasting time"

Former Employee - Paraprofessional in Bourbonnais, IL
    Former Employee - Paraprofessional in Bourbonnais, IL

I worked at Camelot Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The time off and hours along with a handful of decent human beings. You get to know the students in a more relaxed environment too

Cons

The administration team will cut you down at ANY cost. You work hard and it goes completely unacknowledged, but if you do something they dont like, its game over. They will bully, harrass and treat you like a lesser human. Dont bother calling corporate because administration are their top priority, everyone else is expendable. You can prove unprofessional conduct and they do a watered down investigation. They will protect those who demean their employees. Administration will also hire their friends as to make sure that there are those who are willing to sing their praises, even though they are disgusting human beings.
    Camelot will not be a company in 10 years, they will be undone by non for profit organizations that actually care. Camelot care about money only and have no morals or values what so ever.

Advice to Management

Learn how to separate being a leader from being a "buddy." In professional companies, management dont hang out with their employees, friend them on Facebook and have inappropriate contact with them. This exists so that there are clear lines and no favortism. Stop treating people like crap and whispering about employees IN front of them. Take some acting classes, as people can see right through you.

Skip the "oh my gosh, we totally care so please call us because we are trying" automated response because I know from personal experience that you dont mean it. Id also be willing to bet all the positive reviews are done by admin and corporate themselves, or theyve asked their buddies to do them. The truth ALWAYS comes to light and when it does your organization will have a lot to explain.

Mar 15, 2017 – Communications

Thank you for your feedback - we take the feedback from all former employees seriously. The culture that you are describing runs counter to everything that Camelot stands for in our campuses across ... More

Former Employee - Teacher
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Camelot Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, this has been a negative experience for me. I was hopeful, the school presented as organized with resources and supplies.

Cons

Lacks resources and materials
    Discount student and parent concerns
    Program that encourages bullying
    Unorganized
    Poor communication
    Low classroom staff, high administrative staff
    Non compliant with ISBE rules and regulations

Advice to Management

Listen, follow the rules, provide resources, hire classroom staff

Mar 1, 2017 – Communications

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry that the experience at your former school was not what you had hoped-- what you are describing is against Camelot’s protocol, and is not what we ... More

9. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at Camelot Education full-time

Pros

I enjoy working with individuals who are passionate about their jobs and heading in the same direction as the company's mission. The people in the central office are just that, passionate and focused. The staff is very professional yet, easy going to work along side with.

Cons

The central office support staff is lean. Unfortunately, overhead operating expenses would have to increase in order to distribute the workload amongst additional personal.

Advice to Management

Find creative ways to increase support staff at the central office. That will allow more opportunities for central office staff to connect more with campuses, which in turn can allow central office objectives to be better received at the campus level.

Jan 13, 2017 – Communications

Thank you very much for your feedback - it is extremely helpful was we continually strive to improve our programs for both students and staff at schools throughout the country, and in the central ... More

Former Employee - Teacher in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Camelot Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a great opportunity to have an impact on students' lives. It was rewarding to transition several students back to their home schools.

Cons

Since this is a behavior school, there are behavioral support personnel who can be harsh on the kids. The administration is not supportive, and often falsifies information to the staff to manipulate them into staying in the school.

Advice to Management

Management should be more open and honest about the school's success, or lack there of. Conversations held among administration should be more professional.

Jan 13, 2017 – Communications

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very helpful as we constantly strive to improve our programs for both staff and students. We are glad that you felt working Camelot was a way to ... More

"Love It!"

I have been working at Camelot Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to make a difference.
    Great student to staff ratio.
    Great hours, lots of time off (almost every individual holiday, summer and winter breaks)
    Opportunities to advance based on performance
    Promoting the well-being of students

Cons

Exhausting
    Students can be aggressive
    Staff drama despite administration's serious attempts to build a positive culture
    Paras out-number the teachers and it can cause some serious chain of command issues

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging your teachers, it can be overwhelming overseeing students and staff working in your room.
    A little more positive praise would go a long way.

Jan 13, 2017 – Communications

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is helpful as we constantly strive to improve our programs for both staff and students. We are glad that you appreciate the opportunity to make a ... More