KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Camp Bow Wow Reviews

Updated Sep 28, 2022

Found 508 of over 515 reviews

3.3
Camp Bow Wow President  Julie Turner (no image)
Julie Turner

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Camp Bow Wow and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jul 22, 2022 - Camp Counselor in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment and management is very good with flexible schedules

Cons

Some employees lack motivation and do not always put in same effort as other

HR Director

On behalf of Camp Bow Wow, we thank you for sharing your positive and transparent feedback! While many of our camps are franchised locations that are independently owned and operated, we are encouraged to hear you found your experience with our campers, staff, and work environment to be a rewarding one. We would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience so if there is anything else you would feel comfortable sharing, please reach out directly to barkback@campbowwow.com.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great at certain locations

Sep 26, 2022 - Team Lead in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family like environment Dogs!!! Great management and coworkers Raises Growth Physical work Introduction into animal care

Cons

No breaks unless you’re full time Aggressive dogs/ dangerous situations Mandatory weekends and holidays Very fast pace Balancing many tasks at once Treated like children at times Lots of physical labor High turnover rate/ covering shifts due to call outs or someone getting fired or quitting

3. 5.0

Sep 18, 2022 - Camp Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

-work with dogs -gain experience on dog behavior -gain experience on how a dog daycare is run -friendly staff -everyone loves their job

Cons

-physically demanding -need to be able to multitask

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Run for the hills!!

Sep 20, 2022 - Front Desk Receptionist in Castle Rock, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

They tried to accommodate your schedule as long as it was put in a month in advance.

Cons

Loud, chaotic, threatening, negative, the harder you worked the worse you get treated, owners refuse to listen to their employees. They actually threatened to fire you if you have anything to say. Low wages and no benefits. The owners work their manager to the bone and blame her for anything that happens there. They are so oblivious to how bad it is to work for them.

5. 4.0

CBW

Sep 19, 2022 - Corporate Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management and great colleagues

Cons

No cons I can think of.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nice Experience

Aug 20, 2022 - Camp Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to interact with so many different dogs (super comforting) Helps with memorization skills (remembering the dogs names) Good pay as a part time The company offers training in learning about dog behavior and other important factors

Cons

The dogs do get into fights sometimes, so it's extremely important to watch out for their behavior & recognize the signs of a possible fight ( remembering to stay calm is key as well)

HR Director

On behalf of Camp Bow Wow, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! While many of our camps are franchised locations that are independently owned and operated, we are encouraged to hear you found your experience and interactions with our campers to be a rewarding one. If there is anything else you would feel comfortable sharing regarding your experience, please reach out directly to barkback@campbowwow.com.

7. 5.0

fun job

Sep 8, 2022 - Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

So many cute dogs. Chill environment. Easy

Cons

On feet for hours at a time and time goes by slow being in sane yard the whole time

HR Director

On behalf of Camp Bow Wow, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! While many of our camps are franchised locations that are independently owned and operated, we are encouraged to hear you found your experience and interactions with our campers to be a rewarding one. We would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience so that we can ensure any feedback or ideas regarding work environment at this location will get the attention that it deserves. If there is anything else you would feel comfortable sharing regarding your experience, please reach out directly to barkback@campbowwow.com.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Camp bow wow

Sep 28, 2022 - Dog Daycare Attendant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love how they treat the animals .

Cons

NA nothing bad about them

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Job

Sep 2, 2022 - Camp Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dogs are cool to be around

Cons

Low pay way too low for work done

HR Director

On behalf of Camp Bow Wow, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! While many of our camps are franchised locations that are independently owned and operated, we know some of our pups can be a bit messy and appreciate your part in the cleaning process to ensure our campers stay healthy. We are encouraged to hear you found your experience with our campers to be a rewarding one and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. If there is anything else you would feel comfortable sharing, please reach out directly to barkback@campbowwow.com.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Sep 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good for your soul

Cons

Lots of poop to pickup

HR Director

On behalf of Camp Bow Wow, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! While many of our camps are franchised locations that are independently owned and operated, we know some of our pups can be a bit messy and appreciate your part in the cleaning process to ensure our campers stay healthy. We are encouraged to hear you found your experience with our campers to be a rewarding one and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. If there is anything else you would feel comfortable sharing regarding your experience, please reach out directly to barkback@campbowwow.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 508 Reviews

Camp Bow Wow Reviews FAQs

Camp Bow Wow has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 515 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at Camp Bow Wow to a friend and 40% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Camp Bow Wow employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Camp Bow Wow. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

50% of Camp Bow Wow employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Camp Bow Wow 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Camp Bow Wow to be coworkers and the cons to be career development, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Camp Bow Wow Job Seekers