Camp Gladiator Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 56 reviews

4.5
Camp Gladiator CEO Ally Davidson and Jeff Davidson
Ally Davidson and Jeff Davidson
Pros
  • "Camp Gladiator is the number one outdoor fitness company in the nation(in 15 reviews)

• "Between the Trainer Force nationwide and between all campers in your region(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's hard work but it's worth it(in 19 reviews)

• "Some trainers are lazy and can be hard to work with(in 15 reviews)

1. "Great rewards for driven people."

Current Employee - Regional Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Camp Gladiator full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

In order 1. No ceiling on income 2. Great notoriety comes with position 3. Great flexibility to live a great lifestyle with your income... I take around 3-4 weeks of time away each year with room to take much more if I liked

Cons

1. There is no coasting. You have to constantly be in a process of improving yourself or you fall behind. 2. There are no short cuts. There are amazing rewards but they take time and you have to hustle to get to them. 3. It takes time to learn how to work on a team where everyone is as special as you.

Camp Gladiator2019-05-09

May 21, 2019HR Team

Thank you for your positive review! Our vision to be everywhere there are people, and every minute of effort and teamwork from our Trainers has helped us to get where we are today. We deeply appreciate your commitment with us! #ChangingFitnessChangingLives

2. "Caring, excellent atmosphere where people want to make a difference!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Camp Gladiator full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

1. The PEOPLE. The people that work at headquarters are absolutely incredible. Of the four substantial roles/companies I have been at since college, Camp Gladiator has been the big win for sure! The environment and culture that has been created here, and now continuing to be nurtured, is VERY difficult to find in my experience. The managers genuinely care about their employees, and everyone is committed to working...

Cons

1. Fast-Paced For some, this would be a positive, but for those more experienced with a bigger company, slower-moving environment, they might find a company that is growing rapidly and working on big stuff a bit disorienting. Because (as I mentioned above) the company does care so much about their people, leaders do all they can to ensure people's quality of life is going well, and the ones who thrive best in this environment...

Advice to Management

Continue your emphasis on developing people, and keep the family atmosphere while continuing to emphasize excellence in all of our work! Basically, keep it up!

Camp Gladiator2019-05-06

May 21, 2019HR Team

Wow, you are SPECTACULAR! Thank you for this incredibly insightful feedback. Truly value all that you have shared– pros AND cons. We love that you find yourself wanting to be a part of the solution and possess a Whatever It Takes mentality. Lucky to have you as a part of our CG Family!

3. "Life Changing Experience to Help Other Humans"

Current Employee - Camper Support Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Camp Gladiator full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

To have the chance to work for a Company where you are a part of something so much bigger than yourself. The business we get to have a hand in directly impacts human lives to live longer and stronger than they ever had before! You truly feel like you are a part of a family that has your back and cares about how your life is going.

Cons

Can't think of any cons that I feel strong enough about to list

Advice to Management

Really play into your employees strengths even if they don't match with your own. We have some gems here that haven't fully been tapped into yet.

Camp Gladiator2019-05-06

May 21, 2019HR Team

"part of something so much bigger than yourself" We love that you feel this way, because we do too! How lucky are we to be living out a mission to give back and positively impact the lives of SO many. Thank you for this positive review, we truly appreciate it!

4. "Great People, Great Mission"

Current Employee - Operations in Austin, TX

I have been working at Camp Gladiator full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

CG is amazing, constantly look to grow the company to support the mission of positively impacting lives! It's a great group of people who are improvement-driven and work together to achieve a lot.

Cons

CG will grow you in the best way possible if you're open and ready for it, which some aren't and that's ok.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay people-focused and your employees and campers will keep growing.

Camp Gladiator2019-05-07

May 21, 2019HR Team

Thanks for the awesome review! We could not accomplish our mission without mission aligned Trainers like you– so thank you. #ChangingFitnessChangingLives

5. "I Love CG"

Current Employee - Partner Trainer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Camp Gladiator full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

People, freedom, compensation, challenging, entrepreneurial opportunity.

Cons

Expectations need to be set early. This is not your typical 9-5. If that's what you're looking for, you're in the wrong place. This is an amazing opportunity but it is not easy and does require a lot of work to be successful. However, if you're a hard worker, and love to be compensated accordingly, then you're in the right place.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to be better. CG is not perfect, no one is. However, we are always trying to listen to constructive feedback and get better every day.

May 21, 2019HR Team

We couldn't agree more! Revolutionizing the fitness industry is no easy task, but it's feedback like yours that helps us to steadily accomplish that goal. Thank you so much for taking the time to share thoughts!

6. "Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Partner Trainer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Camp Gladiator full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Unlimited income potential, set your own schedule, great business partners, training, changing lives

Cons

Lots of hard work, nothing guaranteed

May 21, 2019HR Team

Thank you for your positive review! Teamwork makes the dream work #CGStrong

7. "Amazing company and culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Camp Gladiator full-time

Pros

This isn't your typical 9-5. It's a fast-paced, "work hard, play hard" environment that will challenge you and it's rewarding to know that your role is helping impact lives. - Collaborative, positive & innovative culture! - Free camp! - Challenging and rewarding job! - There are so many leadership development opportunities available via forums hearing from the Jeff/Ally & EL team, leadership intensive program,...

Cons

Work/life balance can sometimes be difficult to manage.

May 21, 2019HR Team

Grateful for your Whatever It Takes attitude! Pumped to continue to positively impact the lives of as many people as possible together #BetterTogether

8. "A Truly Unique Company & Culture"

I have been working at Camp Gladiator full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

the culture and fun/random activities the company does, the PEOPLE and how much there is true care and support across the company, the transparency of leadership, the overall growth opportunity, the investment in development and constant focus on feedback

Cons

a lot of activities and initiatives- more focus

Camp Gladiator2019-05-03

May 21, 2019HR Team

We love hearing about the amazing community you have found with CG! We're grateful for our CG Family, and excited that you're a part of it. Thank you for all that you do!

9. "God-centered company"

Current Employee - Partner Trainer

I have been working at Camp Gladiator full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

-you choose your schedule -mission-driven company and fellow business owners -owners take responsibility for any missteps in a Spirit-filled way and give credit to others when things go well -get to change lives every time you train- the love and appreciation from campers (clients) is felt and demonstrated constantly- so rewarding!

Cons

-it’s a business, so you eat what you kill. You need to be working to maintain forward progress and momentum. If you slack, in time your paycheck will reflect it. -because how hard you work directly results in more money for you, you feel pressure to keep moving and work events and garner ways to get new business

Advice to Management

Adjust marketing strategies to reflect the bigger business that we are. We are no longer a mom-and-pop boot camp, so we shouldn’t market like we did in the early years. We are on a higher level and our approach to get new business should be different than anything we’ve done before. We are competing with national brands and our advertising and marketing strategies should be on par with them.

Camp Gladiator2019-04-30

May 17, 2019HR Team

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your personal Trainer experience with us! It's honest feedback that helps us to grow and uphold our core value of Teamwork. We truly appreciate ALL that you do to positively impact the various lives out on the field! #CGStrong

10. "Camp Gladiator is the most Incredible business opportunity available in the Training Field"

Current Employee - Area Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Camp Gladiator full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

CG is amazing! You have the opportunity to live your passion and make great money doing it, this exists without a glass ceiling, also 100% equal opportunity for women and men. You can also impact the lives of potentially 1000's of people. Your work is met with both monetary and intrinsic benefits. CG is a company on the forefront of health, fitness and overall wellness with a business model that is unmatched. We are growing...

Cons

If you are not a person who operates with business sense, if you are not organized and self disciplined, if you do not enjoy working on a team and do not have an abundance mentality and are not a learner with consistent personal improvement on your mind and in your schedule then this opportunity can be seen with lots of cons and is not for you. I however cannot think of a relevant con for a person with the right mindset....

Camp Gladiator2019-04-30

May 17, 2019HR Team

Thank you for your positive feedback! Teamwork truly makes the dream work and we love hearing from our Trainers to learn all the ways we can improve as a company. Grateful for your partnership with us– CG WUT WUT!

Found 56 reviews