KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "There is no benefits at all other than pay.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Pay is low, hours are long, it sometimes feel like we don't have the resources to manage our quickly growing workload.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Work/Life Balance is hard to learn.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Takes time to build clientele and earn money.(in 7 reviews)
  • "In my experience, sales matter more than the personal training(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Camp Gladiator and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Life-changing leadership, business, and training opportunity

Sep 28, 2021 - Region Director in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

CG has given me the tools to grow as a leader, it's given me the platform to operate a successful fitness business, and it's given me the opportunity to impact the lives of hundreds of people--the lives of our clients but also the lives of my fellow business partners.

Cons

This job is rewarding but it is also challenging. Our trainers go above and beyond. We train at lots of different times of day, we act as trainer and counselor to our clients, we work events, and we pour into our teammates. It is a substantial time and emotional commitment. I wouldn't change it for the world, but I will candidly say it's not for everyone.

Camp Gladiator Response

Human Resources

Thank you so much for the feedback! We agree, this is such a rewarding position to take in client’s lives and a great opportunity to impact your community. Every CG Trainer starts their business from the ground up, which asks a lot of each person. We’re thankful for the Trainers who are willing to take this on and impact their communities through CG!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

trainer

Jun 26, 2022 - Personal Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

there is a very flexible schedule

Cons

the pay is no good pay

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great if you ready for just Jira ticket smashing and nothing else

Jul 11, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- had good swag for events etc... - One of the best design teams i worked with in years

Cons

- A bit too cult like for me. Forcing participation, etc... - Not open minded, coming from Texas its not surprising. - Leadership does not value engineering. - Don't expect career growth here. If you want a raise/offset inflation you have to jump ship.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

“Franchise Owner”

Aug 3, 2022 - Former Franchise Owner
    Business Outlook

Pros

The campers were fantastic and nice

Cons

Fees for everything; the shirts, the points, the promo gifts all came from trainers’ pockets, they very smartly decided to have a superspreader event and all the trainers got covid and they didn’t announce that to campers or warn them, it’s an MLM and they’re trying to say it’s not, no benefits because you’re not an employee but also no autonomy because you are

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Do Not Work for CG

Jul 10, 2022 - Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people you get to work with and train.

Cons

The company is not what they tell you they are and they'll make you feel bad about thinking or saying anything different.

6. 3.0

Not for everyone

Jun 12, 2022 - Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible and can set your own schedule Community feel - Great for someone who wants to do this full-time

Cons

- Work-life balance if you are already working a another (full-time) job. Hard to manage (IMO) - Compensation -Burnout can happen -Hard to take vacation and time off if you can’t find someone to sub for you. -Have to still conduct outdoor camps in bitterly cold weather and rain

7. 5.0

Business Operations

Apr 29, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and family friendly Everyone’s opinion matters C Level respect you and your visions People care

Cons

Benefits and salary could be better

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Camp Gladiator allowed me to be the Mom I needed to be!

May 5, 2022 - Partner Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The community! The flexibility! I make my schedule. If I need a raise, then I increase my hustle. Training with Camp Gladiator allowed me to stop working two jobs so I can focus on my home life while being a trainer.

Cons

Trainers only take home 70% of their camp profit.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Camp

Apr 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ioved it wish I could of stayed

Cons

None I love it soo much

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Company

Apr 18, 2022 - Trainer in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility with hours Get to create your own schedule

Cons

Need to start from scratch

Viewing 1 - 10 of 128 Reviews
</>Embed

Camp Gladiator Reviews FAQs

Camp Gladiator has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 287 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Camp Gladiator to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Camp Gladiator employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Camp Gladiator. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

67% of Camp Gladiator employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Camp Gladiator 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Camp Gladiator to be senior leadership, career development, culture and the cons to be compensation, benefits.

Popular Careers with Camp Gladiator Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Camp Gladiator? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

1296 days ago

"As a Trainer, I'm changing my mindset of I can help people reach their fitness goals and I love that CG has offered me the opportunity to impact lives.." –Skylar From life-long Camper to all-star Trainer, we're proud to call Skyler a part of our CG Family! Check out her story linked below and learn how YOU can also impact lives with CG. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQo2v
Shared image - Camp Gladiator
glassdoor.com

1297 days ago

"It's IMPACT WEEK! Camp Gladiator is on a mission to IMPACT as many lives as possible &amp; to be everywhere there are people - and it all starts with the amazing TRAINERS. CG is on the hunt for NEW Trainers across the nation, and we'd love your help to make it happen! Do you know someone who loves fitness, making people smile and impacting lives? Tag a friend you think would make an ALL-STAR TRAINER. Learn more about the best opportunity in fitness: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQoyE"
Shared image

Camp Gladiator Photos

+ Add Photo
Camp Gladiator photo of: CG Headquarters

Glassdoor has 287 Camp Gladiator reviews submitted anonymously by Camp Gladiator employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Camp Gladiator is right for you.