Camp Ozark Reviews
62% would recommend to a friend
(91 total reviews)
Sam & Susan Torn
66% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Camp Ozark
Got a burning question about Camp Ozark? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Camp Ozark employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "low pay and physically tiring" (in 15 reviews)
- "Long hours in the sun and more labor after you finish until you go to bed." (in 11 reviews)
- "Management is a bit controversial not always the greatest and can bring emotions into job." (in 8 reviews)
- "Favoritism is sometimes shown among counselors, but efforts were being made to prevent such from occurring" (in 5 reviews)
- "So during your time off each session you pretty much spend most, if not all of your pay check." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Camp Ozark and is not affected by filters.
Found 91 of over 138 reviews
Updated Oct 19, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0Dec 12, 2022Lake CrewFormer Employee
Lots of time on the water & earning multiple certifications that can be useful for other jobs.
The pay you get for the way you are treated is not worth it. Long hours in the sun and more labor after you finish until you go to bed. The crew is really hit or miss, some weeks were fun- others sucked because of the people I was working with. If you are looking to be counsel kids, lake crew is not for you.
- 1.0Mar 21, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMount Ida, AR
Good for making connections and friends
They have little or no regard for the health and safety of their workers. A friend of mine who quit pretty early into working was give 24 hours to get back on the job after suffering a massive concussion that left them dizzy and disoriented. After telling them they wanted to quit, they were guilt tripped into trying to stay even when they weren’t allowing them to call their parents to explain what has happened to their child. They also encourage a form of “match maker” at the camp and during orientation encourage a spot behind the water slides that employees and campers go behind to have make out sessions. This is not a Christian camp. It’s a sports camp but not Christian in their values, teachings, and reputation. My advice, don’t work there it’s not worth the time and little pay and has no Christian camp benefits for you.
Camp Ozark Reviews FAQs
Camp Ozark has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 138 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Camp Ozark to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
62% of Camp Ozark employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Camp Ozark 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.