Campbell Soup Company Retail Business Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Campbell Soup Company CEO Mark Clouse
Mark Clouse
0 Rating

"Best job I ever had and wished I still had"

Retail Business Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

Fantastic work/life balance Vacation time when you want Great people and culture World known brands Home office Company Car Great Benefits Make your own hours Autonomy - It's great to work without a boss hovering over your every move Call the shots in your territory - you are empowered to make decisions to better your territory Best job of my life

Cons

Laid Off Sales Team eliminated Campbell's decided to go broker Depression after being laid off due to losing a job I loved so much

Advice to Management

Bring back the sales force. We did a great job and specialize in Campbell's products only unlike a broker.

Campbell Soup Company2011-11-15
  2. "Retail business manager"

Retail Business Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

Autonomous Not really stressful Rarely saw your supervisor

Cons

Always by yourself Low chance for advancement of you did not want to relocate

Advice to Management

Get a motivated sales team to execute

Campbell Soup Company2014-12-09

"Took sales force for granted"

Former Employee - Retail Business Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Most of the people are great to work with

Cons

Company took a turn for the worse with new CEO

Advice to Management

Took field sales force for granted

Campbell Soup Company2012-09-26

"Great place to gain experience"

Retail Business Manager

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

Campbell's is a great place to start your CPG career at. There is a lot to learn and you can learn a lot while in the field.

Cons

Management will not always give you direction. Sometimes, you need to be able to take risks on something and see what happens. While the company wants to promote from within, there are roadblocks at times due to not enough positions the higher up you go.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of communicating changes and don't just leave people to speculation. That just creates an environment of distrust.

Campbell Soup Company2010-06-23

"Gallup A Joke"

Retail Business Manager

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

Great benefits, 401k match of 5%, company car, freedom (for now- getting handheld devices soon though)

Cons

The company is an okay place to work. They have been pushing too many agendas lately that most of the company and people in the field do not see as beneficial for actually doing the job. They are huge on the Gallup survey which makes them seem like the perfect place to work. The truth is that our review is tied to our gallup score.. so, if the score does not improve - your review goes down and so does your bonus. My only other complaint is that they are pushing sell sell sell.. however, the pay structure is not set up to reward you for selling. This causes motivation to decline over time. Example: I was number one performer on my team for holiday and my payout was $140. Not much incentive to spend extra hours doing manual labor and hitting extra stores to make sales. Overall, I do think campbells is a great company but any job after a few years can become low on motivation.

Advice to Management

Take gallup off of our review - it causes fake feedback, give the field more incentive to sell. Be more open about what is being planned... Get a new metaphor - we are tired of pushing "the rock."

Campbell Soup Company2010-01-21