Campbell Soup Company Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Campbell Soup Company President and CEO Denise Morrison
Denise Morrison

Pros
  • Great work-life balance, you can work from home whenever you want (manager's discretion) (in 50 reviews)

• Great people and training programs (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance need more time off (in 7 reviews)

• Too personal long hours no vacation (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Big-Small Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extraordinary people, culture, and (NEW) values. The pride felt working for this Iconic organization is contagious! Our CEO, Denise Morrison is a role model for future women leaders. She is an active participant and speaker at many events and the Executive sponsor of the Women of Campbell affinity network. The World Headquarters building is bright, bold, and vibrant, an exciting environment to come to daily. The affinity networks promote an environment of acceptance and D&I among all employees. There are many ways to grow professionally and enhance your network (if you work it).

Work smarter NOT harder is the motto here at Campbell’s, work-life integration rather than balance (because what is balance really?)

Cons

Many positive highlights, but like any organization, Campbell’s needs to work on their politics.

Advice to Management

Transparency is key, continue to Do Right and Be Real. Get out of your office and say hello & how are you to your teams! Take a minute out of your very busy schedules to connect with people (it matters more than you think).

Feb 1, 2017 – TALENT ACQUISITION

Hello! You have captured the essence of what it means to work at Campbell Soup Company! Thank you for sharing your incredible experience.

2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Soup Packer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Soup Packer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

longevity
    very good benefits
    advancement opportunities
    Many people to friend

Cons

some jobs are rather boring

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

3. "Campbell soup"

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Napoleon, OH

Pros

The people are great. Not much of an a downside, high raises yearly. I would recommend working here as a person.

Cons

The factory is older, and the general look follows older factories. I would still recommend working here as a person.

May 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello, thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback!

5. "vp"

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

love it. Great company to work for.

Cons

more money. Need employee insinuates.

Advice to Management

more money

May 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.

"Working For Campbell's Paris, TX Plant"

Current Employee - Operations in Paris, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Paris, TX

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked at Campbell's for 28 years. Most of it 6 to 7 days per week. They offered a good retirement plan and insurance, so I have saved a lot of money in my 401k. The work is about what you would expect working in a factory. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. If you want to make money and don't mind putting in the long hours, it is a fairly good place to work.

Cons

I've spent most of my life working, with little time for my family or personal life. We work 6 to 7 days per week, sometimes months at a time. Some of it 12 hours per day. It is taking a toll on my body and also on others. Benefits and pay are becoming extinct for new employees. The equipment needs repair and employees get blamed for downtime. Overall most of management is pretty good, but higher management is out of touch with operational employees. The plant is very hot in the summer months, which wears down a persons energy level.

Advice to Management

Spend more time working with employees to determine downtime issues. Hire more people so the overworked employees have a chance to rest and make a life.

May 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your current experience with us and being a loyal employee for 28 years! We would also like to thank you for the constructive feedback and advice. Please continue to share ... More

7. "Industrial Engineer"

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Napoleon, OH

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, Good Benefits, good managements and good working environment, etc...

Cons

None, everything thing is real good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Hi, thanks for your feedback and leaving a "5" star review! It's inspiring to hear how you feel about your experiences in our Napoleon, OH plant. We will make sure to tell Management to "keep up ... More

8. "Supply Chain"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, strong benefits, and a clear path to advancement.

Cons

Politics is definitely an issue and so many teams are singularly focused on their own objectives. We need more cross functional thought leaders.

Advice to Management

Need to find a better balance between internal and external hires

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Hi, thanks for your feedback, both positive and constructive. Transparency is key and reviews like this only help our organization move in the right direction. Thank you.

9. "Don't be fooled by woman CEO, its the old boys network 100%"

Current Employee - Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They pay is market or above. The new offices are nice though its open concept except for the big guys and their big offices that go along with their heated executive parking lot. As you can see its still old style here.

Cons

After 10+ years of living one reorganization after another it is just soooo hard. You will work unbelievably hard, however, its 70% busy work. Ideas will take years to implement unless its a last minute purchase for the board that ends up causing nothing but trouble and losses. Think Vlasic over and over. Plum Organics, Garden Fresh. At the manager level and below everything seemed pretty good. However, if you are a woman you will not get past that level. If you do hang out long enough you might get that next job if you work twice as hard as the guys. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "I am the main bread winner", and how many decisions get made in the boys bathroom.

If you use what once was cutting edge onsite daycare, they close at 6pm on the dot. Which means all the boys will snicker as you run out of a meeting to get your child. Either leave the daycare open open or don't penalize women for having to leave.

There are a couple of top women for show, don't bother going for advice, they will tell you to dress better and do something about your hair. I am serious. I have seen countless women try to break the glass ceiling only to leave in despair. Many mumbling about a class action lawsuit under their breath. The good news is they will settle if you get a scary enough lawyer. This permeates everywhere. Ask the HR department how many women have made it to VP from within.

It's very telling when the top management don't live in the area. Princeton and NY, hello!!!! National sales meetings often are held on non-christian holidays, hmmm guess they don't care. Mckinsey tells them to just keep cutting and cutting and making you work harder, but they have run out of cost cutting.

They changed the recipe on the tomato soup so even sales of that are down. They could put out a BPA free can today but choose not to for profits. You get the point. Don't was your time if you want a career above manager. There is no training because your boss will change within 12-18 months guaranteed.

Advice to Management

Get religion about treating women fairly. You can only cut until a certain point, then you have to come up with new products that people want that don't come in a can. Everyone keeps thinking they will get bought out by Heinz. To small potatoes. There is a reason why Heinz wanted Unilever.

May 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. It’s regrettable that you have felt unable to come to HR to discuss these matters. HR’s door is always open and I would encourage you to be ... More

"Sell your stock options before it's too late.........avoid like the plague,"

Former Employee - Research Scientist in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Research Scientist in Camden, NJ

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Proximity to major metropolitans, healthcare options, onsite amenities, flexible work schedules...great onsite gym.

Cons

Like many CPGs they are struggling to remain relevant and profitable. Leadership care little about it's employees and only about reporting earnings to wall street. Engagement & Culture are in the toilet. Constant layoffs & reorganizations. It's core brands are insignificant to it's customers and consumers. Façade of great culinary and sciences hidden behind a veil of commoditized, cost reduced foods, with terrible tastes. Employees won't even eat the food they manufacture as a testament to the companies demise.

May 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review of your former role with Campbell and for the constructive feedback and advice.

"Working for Campbell Soup Company"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work-life balance, very relaxed work environment, happy and friendly coworkers, driven CLT with common vision, above-grade pay, nice campus outside Philadelphia, top-notch amenities and facilities, large focus on corporate social responsibility, etc.

Cons

Processes are out of date (but are improving, slowly), gaps in company-wide comms leading to confusion on some initiatives, follower and not thought leader in the CPG industry and Fortune 500, benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Enhance push for process optimization, set initiatives for top-line growth now that costs are monitored properly, work to get BUs like Australia and PF on board with the "one team" mindset.

Feb 15, 2017 – TALENT ACQUISITION

Thank you for leaving this review and highlighting our relaxed work environment, friendly employees, amenities, etc... We also appreciate the constructive feedback and advice to management ... More