Campbell Soup Company Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Campbell Soup Company President and CEO Denise Morrison
Denise Morrison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance, you can work from home whenever you want (manager's discretion) (in 52 reviews)

• Great people and training programs (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance need more time off (in 7 reviews)

• Too personal long hours no vacation (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Big-Small Company"

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extraordinary people, culture, and (NEW) values. The pride felt working for this Iconic organization is contagious! Our CEO, Denise Morrison is a role model for future women leaders. She is an active participant and speaker at many events and the Executive sponsor of the Women of Campbell affinity network. The World Headquarters building is bright, bold, and vibrant, an exciting environment to come to daily. The affinity networks promote an environment of acceptance and D&I among all employees. There are many ways to grow professionally and enhance your network (if you work it).

Work smarter NOT harder is the motto here at Campbell’s, work-life integration rather than balance (because what is balance really?)

Cons

Many positive highlights, but like any organization, Campbell’s needs to work on their politics.

Advice to Management

Transparency is key, continue to Do Right and Be Real. Get out of your office and say hello & how are you to your teams! Take a minute out of your very busy schedules to connect with people (it matters more than you think).

Feb 1, 2017 – TALENT ACQUISITION

Hello! You have captured the essence of what it means to work at Campbell Soup Company! Thank you for sharing your incredible experience.

2. "labeling"

Current Employee - Palletizer in Maxton, NC
    Current Employee - Palletizer in Maxton, NC

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm a palletizer and have forklift licenses as well

Cons

moving to the florida area do not know how to go about transferring being that I work under a temp agency

Advice to Management

to learn everything as possible to maybe one day becoming part of the leadership team

"Transparent"

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to leverage previous experience

Cons

Behind the times and not transparent with communication, promotions, etc.

4. "Overview"

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Good place to work, Nice products

Cons

Not disruptive in product line

"New values, old school white supremacy"

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

- Company is serious about protecting its shareholders and bottom-line
    - Everyone is "nice"

Cons

I grew disillusioned this week by our company's response to customers expressing concern about the CEO's participation on the US President's Manufacturing Council. Customers began calling us #SoupNazis on-line; I hear the customer support lines had unusually long wait times during all this.

When given an opportunity commit to our values the company's response seemed to be one of turning the other way. If we ignore it, surely, it might go away? Our stated values have turned into a thin veneer that glosses over a core of old-school corporatism. Our brand "real food" seems more fake then ever. This is not a place for serious brand professionals, nor, seemingly, those will any moral fiber.

In short:

- Poor environment for serious brand managers who want to espouse real values.
    - Lack of credible leadership and commitment to local community
    - Narrow focus on our shareholders only; actions speak louder than words!

Advice to Management

Lead through actions; not empty words that you secured through a manual of "best practices."

"Sales Rep"

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Great family atmosphere, decent pay

Cons

Very hard to move up in the company

Advice to Management

None

Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review and highlighting our family-like atmosphere as a positive.

7. "Great place!"

Current Employee - Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome brands, amazing campus and room for growth if you work hard.

Cons

Needs less politics and middle management time wasting.

Advice to Management

Many of us do work not that is not geared towards growing the business. Let's sharpen the focus.

Jul 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review and highlighting our iconic brands, campus, and room for growth as positives! We also appreciate the constructive feedback.

"Worker"

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

No room to advance. Management sets you up to fail as their scape goat. Live your values.

Advice to Management

Make an assessment and give your employees a chance to succeed. Give them real opportunities not lip service, stand behind them and cheer. Celebrate victories and learn from losses.

Jul 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review, constructive feedback and transparency is essential for any organization to make positive change.

"Rewarding career with work life balance is possible!"

Current Employee - Brand Manager
    Current Employee - Brand Manager

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Campbell has all the positive aspects you'd expect in a traditional CPG company (Strategic leadership, Training, Iconic brands, large resources, great facilities). The main thing that sets it apart is that it cares for the people they serve with their products (Real Food for Life's Moments) as well as the people who work there. I am able to have a challenging and rewarding job surrounded by some of the smartest but kindest people I've ever met and at the same time make time to be with my family and make time for my personal life.

Cons

Like other large public CPG companies is very susceptible to Wall Street and the uncertainty of suddenly being acquired or need to cut it's way to EBIT targets is a constant reality to deal with. It's become a flat organization in recent years so upward movement is more limited than other places.

Advice to Management

Protect and cultivate the talent you have. There are a lot of super smart individuals in the company now that just need the right environment and tools to face and solve all the challenges ahead

Jun 6, 2017 – Human Resources

WOW - Thank you for leaving such a transparent review and for rating us 5 stars!

"Positive culture despite challenging categories"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Very positive, collaborative culture -- which was one of the main reasons I first joined this company. There is a true consumer-first mindset that drives most decision making.

Cons

Career progression is not on par vs. competition. Restructurings have flattened the organization over the past years and have decreased the number of opportunities to move up in the organization. This is making talent retention an issue as it is risky to stick around at Campbell too long without showing upward mobility; causing talented people to leave.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of what makes this company great -- the culture has been strong, the food business still has many areas of growth & opportunity, and the WHQ location near Philadelphia is terrific vs. other CPG companies that aren't always as close to city centers. At the same time, while people leaving voluntarily may have helped the company streamline operations over the past couple years, now we are in danger of a talent drain where high achievers are going elsewhere to grow their careers.

Jun 6, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello and thank you for proving your feedback. We appreciate you highlighting our collaborative culture as a positive. We also appreciate the constructive feedback, thank you again.