Campbell Soup Company Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Campbell Soup Company President and CEO Denise Morrison
Denise Morrison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance, you can work from home whenever you want (manager's discretion) (in 52 reviews)

• Great people and training programs (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance need more time off (in 7 reviews)

• Too personal long hours no vacation (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Big-Small Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extraordinary people, culture, and (NEW) values. The pride felt working for this Iconic organization is contagious! Our CEO, Denise Morrison is a role model for future women leaders. She is an active participant and speaker at many events and the Executive sponsor of the Women of Campbell affinity network. The World Headquarters building is bright, bold, and vibrant, an exciting environment to come to daily. The affinity networks promote an environment of acceptance and D&I among all employees. There are many ways to grow professionally and enhance your network (if you work it).

Work smarter NOT harder is the motto here at Campbell’s, work-life integration rather than balance (because what is balance really?)

Cons

Many positive highlights, but like any organization, Campbell’s needs to work on their politics.

Advice to Management

Transparency is key, continue to Do Right and Be Real. Get out of your office and say hello & how are you to your teams! Take a minute out of your very busy schedules to connect with people (it matters more than you think).

Campbell Soup Company Response

Feb 1, 2017 – TALENT ACQUISITION

Hello! You have captured the essence of what it means to work at Campbell Soup Company! Thank you for sharing your incredible experience.

"New values, old school white supremacy"

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

- Company is serious about protecting its shareholders and bottom-line
    - Everyone is "nice"

Cons

I grew disillusioned this week by our company's response to customers expressing concern about the CEO's participation on the US President's Manufacturing Council. Customers began calling us #SoupNazis on-line; I hear the customer support lines had unusually long wait times during all this.

When given an opportunity commit to our values the company's response seemed to be one of turning the other way. If we ignore it, surely, it might go away? Our stated values have turned into a thin veneer that glosses over a core of old-school corporatism. Our brand "real food" seems more fake then ever. This is not a place for serious brand professionals, nor, seemingly, those will any moral fiber.

In short:

- Poor environment for serious brand managers who want to espouse real values.
    - Lack of credible leadership and commitment to local community
    - Narrow focus on our shareholders only; actions speak louder than words!

Advice to Management

Lead through actions; not empty words that you secured through a manual of "best practices."

3. "labeling"

Current Employee - Palletizer in Maxton, NC
    Current Employee - Palletizer in Maxton, NC

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm a palletizer and have forklift licenses as well

Cons

moving to the florida area do not know how to go about transferring being that I work under a temp agency

Advice to Management

to learn everything as possible to maybe one day becoming part of the leadership team

4. "Great Company in Decline"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great brands and beautiful HQ facility.

Cons

Where do I begin? Managers promoted to incompetence. Very High Turnover especially for women. (HR needs to look at that.) Anyone over 50 should start looking because Campbell likes to fire and hire two Millenials. Then the Millennials quit. Nice strategy. Before I left I heard from others that had left that Campbells was the worst company they ever worked for. Unfortunately things did not get better and with a re-org every year and no brand growth it was time to go.

Advice to Management

Staff your teams properly. Be more considerate to employees. Reward your top performers. Cut the dead wood. Senior leaders need to be accountable for poor growth and sales performance. HQ culture is toxic.

"Transparent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to leverage previous experience

Cons

Behind the times and not transparent with communication, promotions, etc.

"Not the place to be"

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Nice headquarters facility and fitness center.

Cons

The canned soup and shelf stable meals categories are in decline and this company does not change its leadership, thinking, and behavior to create new approaches for growth. Continued misses of annual sales targets is evidence enough that the changes and acquisitions they make are not the answers. Move on.

7. "Fördern und Fordern unter Berücksichtigung der individuellen Situation und des persönlichen Entwicklungszieles."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lübeck (Germany)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lübeck (Germany)

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Es wurden verschiedenste Techniken und Kenntnisse vermittelt, die sehr schnelle, praxistaugliche und zielführende Bearbeitung von Arbeitspaketen und/ oder Projekten ermöglichten.

Cons

Die Standorte im Konzern transparenter über Status, Veränderungen und übergreifende Projekte informieren um selbst in schwierigsten Zusammenhängen auf die Mitwirkung der Basis zählen zu können.

Advice to Management

Nähe zur Produktion und Basis schaffen

"Corporate Lemming"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Camden, NJ

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, environment, benefits, work life balance were all acceptable. I sustained a knee injury that I needed surgery to fix. I was out for about 2 months and everything was seamless. My job was located in New Jersey where cost of living is higher so pay reflected that.

Cons

Working at the headquarters of a large food manufacturing company was difficult. I was at a lower level and always felt my job was in jeopardy. There was a lot of "corporate speak" that was almost political and I found it hard to decipher. If you want to move up in this company someone higher up has to vouch for you. If you have no friends in high places you will be stuck or dismissed. I have 12 years experience in the food industry and every job I applied for was blocked for me. I found it extremely frustrating. I was relieved when I was laid off in the midst of a company re-organization.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. Give people a chance who have positive performance history. Cut the BS

9. "Overview"

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Good place to work, Nice products

Cons

Not disruptive in product line

"Horrible Managment , not good for minorities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, free soup friday

Cons

Bad management and clickish culture. Feedback is not useful because it's all made up. They promote those that look like them based on whom they feel comfortable and not abilities. Upward mobility is non-existent for those not in the "correct" racial group. My department consistently received bad feedback on mgmt surveys but for some reason they feel like they know how to manage a group.

Advice to Management

Send middle managers to race relations classes as well feedback training. Also, that group may need to obtain leadership training as well.