Campbell Soup Company Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Campbell Soup Company President and CEO Denise Morrison
Denise Morrison

Pros
  • Great work-life balance, you can work from home whenever you want (manager's discretion) (in 50 reviews)

• Great people and training programs (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance need more time off (in 7 reviews)

• Too personal long hours no vacation (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Big-Small Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extraordinary people, culture, and (NEW) values. The pride felt working for this Iconic organization is contagious! Our CEO, Denise Morrison is a role model for future women leaders. She is an active participant and speaker at many events and the Executive sponsor of the Women of Campbell affinity network. The World Headquarters building is bright, bold, and vibrant, an exciting environment to come to daily. The affinity networks promote an environment of acceptance and D&I among all employees. There are many ways to grow professionally and enhance your network (if you work it).

Work smarter NOT harder is the motto here at Campbell’s, work-life integration rather than balance (because what is balance really?)

Cons

Many positive highlights, but like any organization, Campbell’s needs to work on their politics.

Advice to Management

Transparency is key, continue to Do Right and Be Real. Get out of your office and say hello & how are you to your teams! Take a minute out of your very busy schedules to connect with people (it matters more than you think).

Feb 1, 2017 – TALENT ACQUISITION

Hello! You have captured the essence of what it means to work at Campbell Soup Company! Thank you for sharing your incredible experience.

"Complete Honesty"

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Good inter-departmental Networking and opportunity in that respect.

Cons

Poor ethics on the part of many middle managers and a couple of senior leaders. Certain departments seem happy across the board, but mine is a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Be polite and fair to all junior employees. Many managers collude to undo the reputation of junior reports who they do not like. A truly fair environment makes people work more effectively and productively. I can't wait any longer for this to happen, so I have accepted a more senior role with another company.

3. "Good Company"

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Good core values, competitive pay

Cons

Management can be very political

5. "production supervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Pros

Good starting wage, benefits are excellent, work life balance is good, good facilities, health club, nice cafeteria, store on site to purchase lots of product for 50% off of retail.

Cons

Production personnel can be better trained at doing their jobs, not enough cross training, six sigma protocols are not adhered to, lean manufacturing practices need to be implemented.

Advice to Management

Management should look to hire people that are truly interested in working on the production floor. A lot of production personnel are university/college graduates who no clear view to working for a multinational company and brand, and have a tendency to work with a chip on their shoulder when it comes to taking responsibility for their actions. If these interim employees don't want to work for the company then don't apply..it's a no brained.

6. "Campbell soup"

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Napoleon, OH

Pros

The people are great. Not much of an a downside, high raises yearly. I would recommend working here as a person.

Cons

The factory is older, and the general look follows older factories. I would still recommend working here as a person.

May 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello, thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback!

"Working For Campbell's Paris, TX Plant"

Current Employee - Operations in Paris, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Paris, TX

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked at Campbell's for 28 years. Most of it 6 to 7 days per week. They offered a good retirement plan and insurance, so I have saved a lot of money in my 401k. The work is about what you would expect working in a factory. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. If you want to make money and don't mind putting in the long hours, it is a fairly good place to work.

Cons

I've spent most of my life working, with little time for my family or personal life. We work 6 to 7 days per week, sometimes months at a time. Some of it 12 hours per day. It is taking a toll on my body and also on others. Benefits and pay are becoming extinct for new employees. The equipment needs repair and employees get blamed for downtime. Overall most of management is pretty good, but higher management is out of touch with operational employees. The plant is very hot in the summer months, which wears down a persons energy level.

Advice to Management

Spend more time working with employees to determine downtime issues. Hire more people so the overworked employees have a chance to rest and make a life.

May 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your current experience with us and being a loyal employee for 28 years! We would also like to thank you for the constructive feedback and advice. Please continue to share ... More

8. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Customer Logistics Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Logistics Manager

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance is great

Cons

Morale is not the best

Advice to Management

Shuffle people around between businesses to get fresh perspectives.

9. "maintenance"

Current Employee - Mechanic
    Current Employee - Mechanic

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Decent pay scale for. Vacation 2nd year

Cons

7 days a week 10 months out of the year

10. "Good company; bad attitude"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company as a contractor

Pros

Great benefits for full time employees

Cons

Politics, very privileged mindset for a company that makes food that is primarily for the working class.

11. "Industrial Engineer"

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Napoleon, OH

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, Good Benefits, good managements and good working environment, etc...

Cons

None, everything thing is real good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Hi, thanks for your feedback and leaving a "5" star review! It's inspiring to hear how you feel about your experiences in our Napoleon, OH plant. We will make sure to tell Management to "keep up ... More