Campbell Soup Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Campbell Soup Company Reviews

Updated February 18, 2017

Pros
  • Great work-life balance, you can work from home whenever you want (manager's discretion) (in 46 reviews)

• Great people and training programs (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance need more time off (in 6 reviews)

• A typical violation that would get a full-time employee a verbal warning will get the red badge a write up (in 7 reviews)

1. "Big Company/ Little employee"

Former Employee - Part-time Seasonal (Red Badge) in Napoleon, OH
    Former Employee - Part-time Seasonal (Red Badge) in Napoleon, OH

Pros

Campbells Soup Co. is a huge company to work for it almost feels like you get lost among all the other employees. It pays very well and there is more overtime than you can handle during peak season.
    The four stars is for earnings.

Cons

You are temporary and the company is harsher on you than the full-time employee. A typical violation that would get a full-time employee a verbal warning will get the red badge a write up. You don't have any time off until they lay you off. In some departments favoritism among management and full time, they will move the red badges around like little game pieces, especially if you are at the bottom of the list.

"Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Key Biscayne, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Key Biscayne, FL

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and extraordinary high performance team

Cons

Career opportunity is scarce due to small business unit

3. "Good company, behind the times"

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very competitive pay. Great company that grows and develops their people. I've had mostly great managers here who support me and my development. Good opportunities to learn and grow. Decent benefits, flexible schedule. Decent work-life-balance.

Cons

It's a very political culture, more relationship driven than most. It's often difficult to accomplish goals or drive for results in fear of "stirring the pot." Lack of accountability. Expensive cafeteria food.

Advice to Management

-Lack of processes makes things more difficult and does not hold people accountable.
    -Cheaper cafeteria food would promote employees to network and engage with other associates instead of going off campus for a cheaper meal.

Jul 1, 2016 – TALENT ACQUISITION

We cannot thank you enough for your service of over 3 years! We also value your feedback about employee development and learning/growth opportunities. Your review is greatly appreciated. We hope ... More

"Great place to work. The company is making great changes at senior level roles in sales and marketing."

Current Employee - Vice President in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO, Good-Great pay, care about work/life balance. They both higher from within and bring in great talent from other top CPG food and non food companies.

Cons

A little too heavy on the relationship side to drive promotions. More weight should be on what you do not who you know.

Advice to Management

Encourage more flex work arrangements. Friday Summer hours are a good start but how about Friday's work from home.:.cut down on commute times and makes ppl more productive.

May 18, 2016 – TALENT ACQUISITION

We cannot thank you enough for your service of over 5 years! We are happy to hear about your positive experiences at Campbell’s! It’s great to see that you highlight our PTO, pay, and work/life ... More

6. "Managager of Global Talent Managment"

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance and family cultural environment.

Cons

Decentralized organization that is slow to embrace technology.

Advice to Management

Continue to recruit and retain diverse high performing talent

May 18, 2016 – TALENT ACQUISITION

We are so glad to hear how you enjoy the work life balance and family cultural environment! We strive to create an inclusive environment and will continue to recruit towards a diverse workforce ... More

7. "Forklift driver - Warehouse"

Former Employee - Shipping in Napoleon, OH
    Former Employee - Shipping in Napoleon, OH

I worked at Campbell Soup Company part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent paycheck. Handful of really cool people. Fast paced work environment - if you're into that kind of thing. Room to move up to higher paying jobs.

Cons

Lots of forced overtime if you're seasonal. Team leaders don't really ever know what's going on. Any safety issue takes FOREVER to be resolved. Warehouse is basically completely separate from the rest of company. Very closely monitored via computer system all day long.

Advice to Management

Any issue is SUCH a process to resolve - maybe prioritize better. Listen to employees and follow through.

Apr 21, 2016 – TALENT ACQUISITION

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your former role with us at Campbell Soup Company. It's great to hear your positive comments about the fast paced work environment and room for ... More

8. "Friendly Company"

Former Intern - MLP in Maxton, NC
    Former Intern - MLP in Maxton, NC

I worked at Campbell Soup Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Campbell's for a few months as an engineering intern at one of the manufacturing plants. It was a good experience and the people that worked there were always nice to work with.

Cons

The company did not seem to have a good plan for developing its people and was a little bit behind on some of the technology.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the people and technology at your manufacturing plants.

Apr 21, 2016 – TALENT ACQUISITION

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your previous role with us at Campbell’s. We're happy to see you enjoyed your internship and wish you success in your future career.

9. "Analyst"

Pros

Great culture, lots of opportunities to volunteer.

Cons

Restructuring leads to some volatility in the workplace.

Mar 17, 2016 – TALENT ACQUISITION

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear about your positive experiences as a former employee of Campbell’s! We also value your feedback about our great culture and ... More

"Good place to utilize your skills."

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Maxton, NC
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Maxton, NC

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

If your working in the maintenance field, you will have a little of everything. PLC, wiring, welding, plumbing and more... many opportunities to sharpen your skills... pays well too.

Cons

Everyone is not always on the same page, some disagreements. Basically like any other big company.

Mar 17, 2016 – TALENT ACQUISITION

Thank you for leaving such great feedback! It's very satisfying to hear such a positive review from someone who currently works at Campbell Soup Company. We appreciate all you do!

11. "Process Safety"

Pros

Get to work with great people.

Cons

There is not much downside to this company.

Feb 25, 2016 – TALENT ACQUISITION

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your previous role with us at Campbell's. We are delighted to see that you had a positive experience and were able to work with some ... More