Campbell Soup Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Campbell Soup Company Reviews

Updated August 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance, you can work from home whenever you want (manager's discretion) (in 52 reviews)

• Great people and training programs (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance need more time off (in 7 reviews)

• Too personal long hours no vacation (in 8 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Customer Logistics Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Logistics Manager

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance is great

Cons

Morale is not the best

Advice to Management

Shuffle people around between businesses to get fresh perspectives.

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for leaving a review and highlighting our work-life balance as a positive. We also appreciate your advice.

2. "vp"

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

love it. Great company to work for.

Cons

more money. Need employee insinuates.

Advice to Management

more money

May 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.

3. "maintenance"

Current Employee - Mechanic
    Current Employee - Mechanic

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Decent pay scale for. Vacation 2nd year

Cons

7 days a week 10 months out of the year

Hello "Maintenance Mechanic",

Thank you for leaving a review of your current position.

4. "Industrial Engineer"

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Napoleon, OH
    Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Napoleon, OH

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, Good Benefits, good managements and good working environment, etc...

Cons

None, everything thing is real good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Hi, thanks for your feedback and leaving a "5" star review! It's inspiring to hear how you feel about your experiences in our Napoleon, OH plant. We will make sure to tell Management to "keep up... More

"Sell your stock options before it's too late.........avoid like the plague,"

Former Employee - Research Scientist in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Research Scientist in Camden, NJ

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Proximity to major metropolitans, healthcare options, onsite amenities, flexible work schedules...great onsite gym.

Cons

Like many CPGs they are struggling to remain relevant and profitable. Leadership care little about it's employees and only about reporting earnings to wall street. Engagement & Culture are in the toilet. Constant layoffs & reorganizations. It's core brands are insignificant to it's customers and consumers. Façade of great culinary and sciences hidden behind a veil of commoditized, cost reduced foods, with terrible tastes. Employees won't even eat the food they manufacture as a testament to the companies demise.

May 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review of your former role with Campbell and for the constructive feedback and advice.

"Don't be fooled by woman CEO, its the old boys network 100%"

Current Employee - Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They pay is market or above. The new offices are nice though its open concept except for the big guys and their big offices that go along with their heated executive parking lot. As you can see its still old style here.

Cons

After 10+ years of living one reorganization after another it is just soooo hard. You will work unbelievably hard, however, its 70% busy work. Ideas will take years to implement unless its a last minute purchase for the board that ends up causing nothing but trouble and losses. Think Vlasic over and over. Plum Organics, Garden Fresh. At the manager level and below everything seemed pretty good. However, if you are a woman you will not get past that level. If you do hang out long enough you might get that next job if you work twice as hard as the guys. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "I am the main bread winner", and how many decisions get made in the boys bathroom.

If you use what once was cutting edge onsite daycare, they close at 6pm on the dot. Which means all the boys will snicker as you run out of a meeting to get your child. Either leave the daycare open open or don't penalize women for having to leave.

There are a couple of top women for show, don't bother going for advice, they will tell you to dress better and do something about your hair. I am serious. I have seen countless women try to break the glass ceiling only to leave in despair. Many mumbling about a class action lawsuit under their breath. The good news is they will settle if you get a scary enough lawyer. This permeates everywhere. Ask the HR department how many women have made it to VP from within.

It's very telling when the top management don't live in the area. Princeton and NY, hello!!!! National sales meetings often are held on non-christian holidays, hmmm guess they don't care. Mckinsey tells them to just keep cutting and cutting and making you work harder, but they have run out of cost cutting.

They changed the recipe on the tomato soup so even sales of that are down. They could put out a BPA free can today but choose not to for profits. You get the point. Don't was your time if you want a career above manager. There is no training because your boss will change within 12-18 months guaranteed.

Advice to Management

Get religion about treating women fairly. You can only cut until a certain point, then you have to come up with new products that people want that don't come in a can. Everyone keeps thinking they will get bought out by Heinz. To small potatoes. There is a reason why Heinz wanted Unilever.

May 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. It’s regrettable that you have felt unable to come to HR to discuss these matters. HR’s door is always open and I would encourage you to be... More

7. "Great Company"

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Outstanding People, Outstanding Benefits and Great Brand

Cons

A bit clunky in the R&D and Decision Making Process as it pertains to the sales cycle to close business with customers. Lost out on a lot of sales business due to the company not being nimble enough to meet needs of clients.

Advice to Management

Be leaner, be nimble.

Hello,

Apologies for such a delay in responding. Thank you for the 5 star review and for your complete transparency.

8. "Supply Chain"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, strong benefits, and a clear path to advancement.

Cons

Politics is definitely an issue and so many teams are singularly focused on their own objectives. We need more cross functional thought leaders.

Advice to Management

Need to find a better balance between internal and external hires

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Hi, thanks for your feedback, both positive and constructive. Transparency is key and reviews like this only help our organization move in the right direction. Thank you.

9. "Campbells rocks"

Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Mexico City (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Mexico City (Mexico)

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The flexibility that you have in schedules and way Of work , the environment its good, a global company, opportunity Of share Best prácticas

Cons

Carreer , IT is a small company , that is why you do not have a lot of grow opportunities in your carreer. They need to improve the global job posting

Advice to Management

None

Jun 6, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello "Former Sr. HR Manager"

Thank you for leaving a 5 star review of your former role with us.

10. "TSR"

Pros

Good Company to work for

Cons

Long hours and pay could be more

Hello "TSR"

Thank you for leaving a ***** review! We are happy to hear that you believe that Campbell Soup Company is a "Good Company to work for". Thank you again.