Campus Explorer Reviews | Glassdoor

Campus Explorer CEO Brian Hartnack
Brian Hartnack
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Call Center Customer Service Agent"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Campus Explorer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well the work environment is comfortable, yet professional. It's no pressure, but pressure. The stress is light, but team working/ uplifting and helpful. All of my Managers are the best, most reasonable people I've ever worked with.

Cons

Well, the companies purpose wasn't easy to see. We were not clear on our job purpose. Room for growth is internally limited.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I can't really complain. I've worked full time & part time for 20 years, in many jobs. This by far is the most respectable Management I've ever worked with. I looked forward to new beginnings and bringing positive, attentive workflow, with extensive execution to make the product just as great as it already is. And, with what they taught me, is communication helps each person to progress better & earn more. It did!

2. "Cool Company Cool Atmosphere not for me"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Campus Explorer part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managerial staff were cool, breaks were minimal and rushed but otherwise cool

Cons

Other co-workers, short breaks, cold calling

Campus Explorer Response

Jun 26, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your response. We are always interested in feedback. To clarify, our break schedule is based on the hours worked and what the requirements are for an hourly position. We are sorry to... More

"Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Client Services Director
    Current Employee - Client Services Director

I have been working at Campus Explorer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Professional Growth & Supportive Coworkers

In my six years working at Campus Explorer I've seen several people grow to higher positions within the company and some have branched out to better opportunities with the blessing of our CEO Brian Hartnack. It is a very collaborative environment and everyone is willing to share their wealth of knowledge with you. Management is also really good at spotting and rewarding talent and hard work.

-Family Oriented

I've been pregnant twice in my tenure at Campus Explorer. Prior to getting pregnant I thought being pregnant would hurt my career. I was bracing myself for negative backlash. Campus Explorer welcomed both of my pregnancies and did everything to make me feel that my job was secure and that I was a valued employee.

-Relaxed Environment

Employees are young (at heart) and dress is casual. This is a company full of hard workers who are committed to the growth of the company. To make sure the employees are happy and healthy Campus Explorer provides healthy snack options and a cozy employee lounge for breaks. The lounge is fully stocked with bean bags chairs, a comfy couch, TV with game consoles, a ping pong table, and a balcony to enjoy the Santa Monica breeze.

-Integrity

The thing I love most about Campus Explorer is that it values the relationship with our users and partners. It is stressed in our call center to only match the users to programs they are interested in and qualify for. It is so nice knowing that you work for a company with integrity and that they are interested in providing quality.

Cons

We have to wait an entire YEAR for our legendary Holiday party. We have a team bonding summer party to hold us over but it isn't enough.

4. "Life at Campus Explorer"

I have been working at Campus Explorer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room for advancement if you are diligent, hardworking, and persistent in your efforts to advance. I began in the call center as an agent and then advanced to client services.

Another pro is that management is always open to new ideas or available to address concerns.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is that when I first started here we had more activities that involved all of the departments mingling with each other and that doesn't quite happen anymore unless it's at the summer party or Christmas party.

5. "Operations"

I have been working at Campus Explorer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the business, who care about a quality product in a fun, casual environment. We are serious about our Ping Pong too! This is a great place for employees who are entrepreneurial as well.

Cons

Best fit for employees who are flexible and able to change priorities based on the company's needs as it grows.

Advice to Management

Keep making sound business decisions to help grow the business.

6. "Repetitive low pay"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Campus Explorer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management was polite and communicated well with the employees. They listened to the employees and heard. The trainers were good to employees as well.

Cons

Pay was very low and only six hours per day.
    You could work six days but it would be a lot better if people worked more hours.
    It seems like a job for someone who has a side business.

Advice to Management

Higher pay equals better employees coming in. It seems to be a high turn over company and these sorts of things do not help keep people in their jobs.

7. "Awesome Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Campus Explorer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open door policy
    Easy access to Senior Management
    Great learning opportunities
    Relaxed culture

I love my job at CE. I actually like coming to work everyday. Lots of growth opportunities and tons of learning opportunities at your fingertips but you have to want it and reach for it and if you do, you'll get your chance. Young, energetic company with amazingly smart people throughout. Management appears to care about the employees and works regularly to lift the culture to the next level, the next and the next level of employee satisfaction. Great pay, incredible benefits!!!

Cons

A few pains typically seen with start up culture implementing corporate structure but nothing I haven't experienced with other companies as well. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"Amazing and diverse group dedicated to building a great company."

Pros

There's a great vision behind what the company is doing. The benefits are exceptional.

Cons

Certain senior managers are inexperienced and don't seem to be working on improving their management skills.

"SASSY YET SERIOUS COMPANY"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Campus Explorer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly love working for CE. The company really cares about their employees and the CEO is a solid good guy. All of the employees are very cool and friendly. CE's vibe is casual, cool yet passionate and proactive (i.e. Let's work together to pump out a quality product, so we can then relax and have a drink together). Perks that get a thumbs up: great compensation, full benefits, 401K, stock options, 15 days paid vacation as well as bereavement & jury duty, fun company parties throughout the year, appropriate salary increases and much more. It's a great place to work with little drama and a lot of respect among each other. The level of genius at this company is very inspiring.

Cons

I can't really think of a con....

Advice to Management

I know it's California, but let's get some snow days worked out ;)

"Excellent Experience On Silicon Beach"

Former Employee - Product & Technology in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Product & Technology in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Campus Explorer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tight-knit office culture that has evolved from a "Do everything yourself" startup culture into a more corporate environment. Lots of opportunity to improve your standing in the company with generous yearly raises. Highly intelligent and very helpful senior management team. Office location is great being 10min from the beach and in a very hip little business part of town. Work from home potential and ample vacation time.

Cons

No specific sick time as it's pooled with vacation time. No yearly bonuses. Still experiencing growing pains transitioning from startup to enterprise culture.

Advice to Management

Keep treating people the way you do and you'll keep getting the amazing employees you have!