Campus Management Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Jim Milton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance is difficult to achieve (in 4 reviews)

• Career path isn't clear for employees and management seems to change quite often (in 5 reviews)

"Work balance"

I worked at Campus Management Corporation full-time

Pros

Interesting culture and opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Work load is often not distributed fairly or evenly. Employees are easily and quickly burnt out. Huge turnover rate.

"Regional Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Campus Management Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

- Great Opportunities to learn Software Industry
    - Strong Professional Services Organization

Cons

- Performance doesn't matter if you don't go along with the company talking points
    - Military like culture where expectations are to do everything requested of you
    - Atmosphere doesn't provide many opportunities for career development

Advice to Management

- Hire people who can provide industry expertise not just at a former company
    - Reward high performers with recognition

"Opportunities but fledgling"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Campus Management Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're here already, there is plenty of time left to hone your marketable skills, provide value to colleagues and customers, and to get a glimpse at how a small company maneuvers in Higher-Ed software market.

Cons

Legacy software continues to take it's toll.

Advice to Management

I'm not smart enough to give business advice.

"Talks a good talk..."

I have been working at Campus Management Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The midlevel management is supportive and works hard to make it possible for staff to manage a good work/life balance. The benefits are good and the overall company outlook is positive.

Cons

There is no incentive to go above and beyond meeting expectations. Whether you are meeting expectations or going above and beyond, the raises are the same.

The company is reactive rather than proactive when it comes to retaining top performers.

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward excellence.

5. "Great Potential"

Pros

The company as a whole is extremely flexible and the work life balance in some departments is good overall.

Cons

There have been multiple RIF's , Increased usage of the product without the personnel to manage the increased workload and expectations.

Advice to Management

Try to be more open minded to work habits and flexibility. Work more on interdepartmental communication and interactions.

6. "Long time intern"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Campus Management Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

i'ts truly a lovely place to work and everyone is very very kind, no gossip or 'good ole boy' club here.

Cons

none, it's wonderful place to work

Advice to Management

YOU ARE GREAT

"It does not suck anymore."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

My team members are great. Not just great coworkers, great people. The work/life balance is solid. I have been able to choose my office hours and I am allowed to work from home when needed. The compensation is fair, not great, but fair. Gratitude for a successful project, a clever fix or a good customer review is often expressed. Overall, I have a positive feeling about our current direction.

Cons

My team has been decimated, literally. Also, I have had 4 CEOs, 5 VP/Director level changes, 4 managers, and 3 department name changes. I am asked to fix stuff with little to no training or documentation. There could be more pizza.

Advice to Management

Please put the long term wellness of the company ahead of your short term successes. I am marking that I would recommend our company to a friend, but only because there is no "Depends" option and I am more inclined to present a slightly more positive review than a negative one.

Please, please learn the software or at least learn complexities of making it all work together. Some of things you say has me just shaking my head.

P.S. Can you please do something about the Pod D break room door before someone gets seriously hurt?

8. "Good Company /Great Management"

I worked at Campus Management Corporation full-time

Pros

The work life balance was optimal.HR was very helpful if a personal situation arose and an employee needed additional time off of work they would accommodate.

Cons

Little Training provided on new and upcoming software releases.Often the amount of work/ accounts were not evenly distributed among all analysts. An employee can find him/her feeling overwhelmed within a short period of time.

Advice to Management

Work on leveraging the workload among various employees. There was a high turnover rate during my employment and I believe it was partly due to employees feeling overwhelmed by the workload.

9. "Working at Campus Management Corp."

I worked at Campus Management Corporation (More than 5 years)

Pros

Campus Management is a dynamic, forward-looking, and supportive place to work for hard-working, proactive, and motivated persons with demonstrated professionalism and integrity.

Cons

Occasionally, the distribution of employees across widespread geographic and cultural boundaries imposes conditions which can jeopardize, or at least negatively impact, smooth and seamless progress in operations.

Advice to Management

Continue to identify specialists in their respective fields with integrity, self-motivation, and a willingness to accept or drive change and improvement.

10. "Hardworking Coworkers"

I worked at Campus Management Corporation full-time

Pros

A great group of people that have worked there a while who hold incredible amounts of knowledge and work well to support each other.

Cons

Because people work so hard, it is difficult to get important initiatives accomplished. Cross departmental communication is very challenging because of the incredible workload of everyone.