Canada Goose Brand Ambassador Reviews | Glassdoor

Dani Reiss
  1. "needs improvement"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Canada Goose full-time for more than a year

Pros

- ok discount - product sells itself - store closes early

Cons

-its easy to get hired here, not the best screening process -the management is half good, half really really bad -managers talk behind eachothers backs about who they think will get fired -managers more obsessed with themselves than their work -super slow and boring in the spring/summer

Advice to Management

you know how sketchy and fake you are, time to turn that around and start acting professional if you want to keep your jobs and for employees to stay.

Canada Goose2019-05-28
  2. "Fake Service = We just want your money."

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Canada Goose full-time for more than a year

Pros

Promised 37-40hr/wk Good hours Not that hard just selling coats, jackets, & sweaters.

Cons

Corp & Management don’t have a conscience; they will lie to your face because they are being well compensated. Sadly this is how to justify what they are doing is right. Management always comes from a C-level brand or a fashion outlet ; thus the lack of interpersonal skills or the whole “fake it til you make it”. Last, that’s why there’s always a high turn-over rate; the brand ambassador are always doing the...

Advice to Management

Nothing, karma will eventually come back to haunt you in your career because you didn’t practice great business. That art is lost in this fake culture & labels.

Canada Goose2019-03-24

"Probably don't work here"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Boston, MA

I have been working at Canada Goose part-time for less than a year

Pros

cult following around product, good spiffs to win merchandise

Cons

discount SUCKS, management is terrible, corporate is TOO involved, micromanagers everywhere. You don't need luxury experience, as long as you speak mandarin you will be hired. Bonus is the worst, please switch to a commission structure!!

Advice to Management

You need to be flexible and actually forgiving when people start to improve. Seen so many employees let go despite making HUGE improvements. Corporate does not value loyalty, doesn't listen to advice instead they just fire everyone. It's shocking to see how many people have left in the last 8 months.

Canada Goose2018-09-12

"Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Chicago, IL

I worked at Canada Goose full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free merch from contests, medical benefits.

Cons

EVERYTHING!!! This is the worse company I’ve worked for. Management shows favoritism throughout the WHOLE comapany not just one store. Very unorganized. They hire anybody for managers. A lot of discrimination activity going on as well. Worse place to work for. They pick on you just because they don’t like you. Happen to many employees at the Chicago store. They don’t care about the employees. Only management and themselves.

Advice to Management

Find new managers. Learn the product. Because the managers knew nothing about product.

Canada Goose2018-06-06

"Worst Place I Have Worked"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador

I have been working at Canada Goose

Pros

Amazing company history and company values. Decent hourly wage and bonus structure. You are able to make friends with peers.

Cons

Terrible communication from Management team. They do not take initiative to fix problems or take responsibility for their mistakes. I, among other people, believe they are overpaid for being under-qualified. They refuse to listen to brand ambassadors in order to better store operations and the team morale. It seems difficult to progress in the company due to politics; hard work is for sure not rewarded nor recognized.

Advice to Management

Learn. Listen. Be humble. You are not always right. As much as I love working for this company because of company history, product quality and the values they push for, management makes it very hard to enjoy working every minute there. Ignore politics and reward hard work and actual quality of work. Don’t silence our voices just because you don’t want to hear that you are wrong.

Canada Goose2018-02-09
  6. "Worst Management Team"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in London, England

I worked at Canada Goose full-time

Pros

- You can work with other colleagues from diversity backgrounds. - Basic salary is high enough.

Cons

- Management team is the worst that I have ever work with. They sacked people by their preference instead of a convincing reason. - Commission schemed couldn’t drive the team to maximum the sales. The retail team isn’t treated well by the company.

Advice to Management

Head office should find other people to manage the flag ship store.

Canada Goose2019-05-23
  7. "inexperienced, stubborn management team"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Goose for less than a year

Pros

nice coworkers, beautiful atmosphere, good start for working at higher end companies

Cons

management is stubborn, has no idea what they're doing... schedules are released two days prior to the next week, there is no room for personal career growth, if you agree to do a favour for management and they see you can do something out of your job description, there is no doubt they'll take advantage of it. wages are on a scale as well... you could have the same job and experience as someone, only to find out they're...

Advice to Management

try listening to your peers and the advice we try to give you. management is so stubborn and inexperienced, half the time it seems like my coworkers and i have more direction than them. we seem to be getting support from the toronto team for brand ambassadors, when what we really need is support for management.

Canada Goose2019-01-18

"Amazing Company with Lots of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Ambassador in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Canada Goose full-time for more than a year

Pros

Canada Goose is a brand that has been around for over 60 years and has seen so much growth in recent years. They are an engaging team who really want to develop their team and invest in them. The work environment is face-paced and always keeps you on your toes. The team that you work with are all really friendly and make you feel apart of a family. The growth opportunities are endless as the company keeps expanding year...

Cons

Due to tremendous growth in recent years, the company has introduced so many new positions. The introduction of these new roles may make it hard to see where you can grow within in the company and which route to take.

Canada Goose2018-11-27

"Great brand with lots of opportunity for growth and development"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Ambassador in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Canada Goose full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work life balance Lots of growth opportunity if you are willing to put the work in, they invest employees who invest themselves in the company I have been with the company for 2 years now and I have had the opportunity to work with different teams, work on different projects, travel for work and even had positive position changes. The CEO of the company makes it a point to make sure that he gets breakfast...

Cons

N/A - The company really takes care of the employees and take the time and energy to invest in people who want to be invested in. They just need to be willing to put the work in and not have everything handed to them.

Canada Goose2018-10-26

"Brand Ambassador - Experience"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Canada Goose full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company with strong Canadian history - great competitive hourly rate - new company to retail (great opportunity for advancement) - positive and inviting workplace environment - team bonus structure - amazing open door policy - good employee purchase plan - upper management listens and provide a good work / life balance

Cons

None! I think if you work hard and focus on the positive you will be rewarded. Negativity and gossiping really is NOT appreciated and may hinder opportunity for development.

Advice to Management

- continue to set the example and be on the floor engaging with employees and customers - celebrate top performers (not always about numbers) - uniform policy can be improved (Brand Ambassadors set the tone for the customers when they enter the store not management) -

Canada Goose2018-10-20