What people are saying about Canadian Tire
Looking for Referrals to Canadian Tire, Red bull or Unilever in Toronto! I was laid off a couple of days ago and am looking for a new role in this difficult market. I would really appreciate some help in finding a new opportunity. I have 5 years of experience in CPG/market research and 2-3 years in project management as well. Saw a bunch a roles at these companies that could be a good fit!
Got a burning question about Canadian Tire? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Canadian Tire employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people you'll work with are great and you have fun meeting a lot of different customers." (in 274 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and closes early" (in 185 reviews)
- "Great talent pool and culture" (in 134 reviews)
- "team are all good and benefits are good" (in 122 reviews)
- "The staff is friendly and show they care and you get alot of help if needed as well as lots of hands on" (in 113 reviews)
- "Low pay for entry level workers with no commitment to pay increases High turnover Unfriendly and outdated customer service policies" (in 262 reviews)
- "Bad management and don’t give leave" (in 221 reviews)
- "Bad manager very strict behaviour no friendliness" (in 126 reviews)
- "They don’t do market adjustments so you’ll be stuck with a low salary unless you leave." (in 119 reviews)
- "Minimum wage how can anyone support themselves with this and expect you to be fully available all the time to suit them." (in 63 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Canadian Tire and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 3,871 of over 4K reviews
Updated Sep 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Canadian Tire Reviews FAQs
Canadian Tire has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 4,350 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Canadian Tire to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
72% of Canadian Tire employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Canadian Tire 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.