Canon Solutions America Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Canon Solutions America Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Credit and Collections Representative in Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Credit and Collections Representative in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Canon Solutions America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Knowledgeable management. Great coworkers.

Cons

There is some pressure to make your numbers at the end of month, but supervisors give you the tools to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Promote your employees faster.

2. "Stable Company to Work For, Stale Sales Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Canon Solutions America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CSA is an employee-centered company, with a lot of top benefits for it's employees.

Cons

Unfortunately, the Sales Organization is super duper old school mentality: "Here's your quota, now go out and sell."

3. "Account manager, business development"

Pros

Canon has a very strong commission incentive with a friendly and laid back work environment. Very little micromanaging. First year six figure opportunity

Cons

Start with a small account base and limited current customers. Takes a few years to get a consistent pipeline developed. Quotas for additional incentives are extremely difficult to achieve on a consistent basis

4. "Epitome of Glass Ceiling"

Current Employee - Contracts Representative in Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Contracts Representative in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Canon Solutions America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Benefits. Close to Public Transportation

Cons

No room for advancement
    Governed by Mgr/Supv discretion
    Raises not evenly distributed
    No Merit or Performance Advancement or Raise

Advice to Management

Look to retain people instead of who is the least expensive to hire.

"Account Representative"

I worked at Canon Solutions America full-time

Pros

Good training program, flexible schedule, strong product offerings, effective software solutions

Cons

Communications and leadership from executives was lackluster, limited opportunity for professional development, unreliable installation resources

Advice to Management

spend more time in the field with employees and focus on 100% completion of installations. It is easy to sell the product, but it is not easy to be a crisis manager when an installation goes poorly.

"Stay away if you are looking for GROWTH opportunity"

I have been working at Canon Solutions America full-time

Pros

Good benefit, PTO, 401k, great co-workers, work/life balance

Cons

No upward movement - no advancement and very low raise

"Avoid if you're looking for career growth"

Current Employee - Site Representative
    Current Employee - Site Representative

I have been working at Canon Solutions America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Other than the benefits...there isn't really much else to day, unfortunately.

Cons

There are fast food workers that make more money than Canon Site Reps. We are the misfit toys of the company. Nepotism within management is blatantly obvious and quite deplorable. "It's all about who ya know!" Supervisors and managers alike micromanage to their fullest extent. Unqualified/incompetent employees are given positions of "power" simply because of the length of time they have been with the company. The list could go on and on, but quite frankly I don't have the patience to rant about this awful division of Canon any longer.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Enough with the shadiness, scheming, and lying. Listen to your employees, and maybe you'll stop losing the good ones.

"Beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Canon Solutions America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interacting with various departments of the company and getting to know other people outside of your immediate group
    Location

Cons

Expensive benefits, work life balance do not exist

Advice to Management

Where do I start. Management drives the work of 2 or 3 people into one position and expects the work to be performed in the same amount of time as if 2-3 people were actually doing the job – ridiculous! How can 1 person do the job of 3 people and be held to the same standard and expectations of 1 person doing the job. Merit increases are insulting, you work, work, work, work, work performing 3 jobs and receive a merit increase that amount to pennies this may be ok for some people that has "a something is better than nothing mentality" but not for me. Senior level management and HR condones bad behavior and instead of dealing with problem managers and employees they would rather have a revolving door than deal with the problem. Everyone is micromanaged to the point of no return. Most of the managers are borderline psychotic, arrogant, pompous human beings with no experience in actually supervising people to help drive the goals of the organization.

The team I worked for was all about who you know and kiss up to versus your hard work. Your hard work will be unnoticed to a certain extent and then if you are no longer in the good graces of upper management then no one will care about you at all, IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK, BEND, STRETCH, REACH NOBODY WILL CARE IF YOU ARE NOT APART OF THE CIRCLE.

The company or at least the department I worked in has no compassion for people’s personal lives and do not care if you are overworked, you can be sick and literally about to die at your desk and I bet the 1st question they would ask before you leave or die is if you got all your work done, this is the culture they created. There is no flex time, no flexibility in work hours, no nothing, they want you to be flexible and do whatever they ask of you but there is no flexibility whatsoever for employees NONE unless you are one of the favorites of course and then you will have and do anything you want and be able to come and go as you please.

My supervisor has thrown me under the bus several times and never backed me up on anything and has given me ZERO recognition during my entire time with the company. The organization need to go back to the drawing board and evaluate the management skills of their managers and provide training to help them improve where they are lacking, some of the managers managing employees cannot answer basic questions for their team. You are on your own to learn or you will have to ask 1 million questions to get to the answer.

Jobs are hard to come by and it is a sad reality of a lot of workplaces when an organization do not value hard working employees but reward the ones who is dead weight and bring the moral of the office down.

I missed warning signs and red flags during the hiring process as things in the process did not feel right, I was told 3 lies and overlooked them, if something do not feel or sound right, trust your intuition. I know this is easier said than done but actually our intuition is there for a reason and it is telling us not to fall into a trap.

9. "I Worked There"

I have been working at Canon Solutions America full-time

Pros

Good People to work with

Cons

I am not there any more

Advice to Management

People matter more than profits!

"Good start for sales career"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Canon Solutions America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extensive sales training to help develop skills that translate out in the field

Cons

Poor management and account list breakdown

Advice to Management

Have consistent focus on products or solutions