Canon USA Reviews in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Joe Adachi

1. "Good company!!"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Chicago, IL

Pros

Very friendly and nice to work with. Helpful and considerate

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None

"Documentation Administrator for Canon Financial Services Inc"

Current Employee - Documentation Administrator in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Documentation Administrator in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Canon USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bonuses, most bosses are flexible with time off. Good benefits, decent pay-we are close to standard for this position. Updated facilities & built brand new modern Corporate Office. Some great Managers but some have no idea how to lead.

Cons

The morale here is horrible- employees are miserable & it shows. It very distracting when people are swearing, bullying & being rude to their subordinates. Nasty attitudes especially from the lower management... They have no idea on how to "lead" at all. Just bully their "subordinates" all day long into doing things right, which is their way only & making quota. Management only cares about hitting your quota, not quality of work. Training is nonexistent. It's more on the job training then someone showing you the proper way to do your job & in this job you need a decent process in place. Some bosses are decent regarding overtime & some stand over you & freak out over clicking in/out even one minute early/late-it's ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your people-you have very miserable people & have no clue because we aren't in the bigger locations. We are completely forgotten at times. Don't promote people to Team Lead or Supervisor simply because they applied. You have bullies here & seems to us like you just don't care because the position was filled.

"Great place to work with limited upward mobility for women."

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Canon USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and products.

Cons

Limited upward mobility for women, not encouraged.

Advice to Management

Create a better working environment for women and seek input in how to do this to make for a happier workforce.

"So far so good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Canon USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, a relaxed or casual atmosphere, pays for courses, environmentally friendly, room to grow.

Cons

Lack of tools and resources to do our job effectively.

Advice to Management

To have the employees backs and fight for our needs.

6. "Good company, good people, very little room for growth"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Canon USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over the years I can't think of a single person I've met at Canon that wasn't friendly, pleasant and professional. Decent sense of corporate unity or 'family'.

Cons

Like a lot of medium-to-large sized companies today, VERY few of Canon's markets are in growth mode anymore. Without expansion, new positions are not created and career growth is extremely hard to accomplish.

Advice to Management

It's not good for morale to see so many management positions go to "visitors" from Japan.

7. "CANON USA"

Current Employee - Network Technician in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Network Technician in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Canon USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are not very flexible and position does not have a backup person so work piles up in your absence.

Cons

The work is dull and routine. There is very little variation in day-to-day activities.

Advice to Management

Get engaged with technology plans and projects.

8. "Great Place to work!"

Former Employee - Technical Marketing Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Marketing Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Canon USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They appreciate their people. When the chips were down due to the turn in the economy, they took care of their employees. They offer average pay, but have great benefits. Nobody will get rich working at Canon, but they will enjoy the balance between work and home while being employed at the company. I had left for personal reasons, but years later still have very fond memories of my time at Canon USA.

Cons

The products Canon creates is not at the premium it once deserved. Towards the end of my time at Canon, there became a certain Xerox type of feeling permeating through the company. Some thought that the Canon products were so superior to the rest of the competition that many would pay the higher price to have the pleasure of owning a Canon product. During the past few years and the loss of a few big accounts, many still have that feeling.

Advice to Management

As with all companies, there are some people in management that should have been let go years ago. The best sales people and/or report writers are not always the best managers of people.

"Would Not Recommend Canon As An Employer"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

camera and printer discounts for employees several times a year. Flexible schedule working from home does allow for latitude in home / work balance.

Cons

low salaries and poor compensation packages....no career path whatsoever. Many incompetent managers and directors that have contempt for their own sales force. Canon always talks about "top tier" sales talent but never wants to pay for it....

Advice to Management

Take an honest look at yourselves...you need the right people in the right jobs....we need LEADERS, not people who manage tasks....anyone can do that.