Cantex Continuing Care Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Robin F. Underhill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Nice facility, nice dietary, housekeeping and CNA's," (in 4 reviews)

• "Love the residents and my co-workers" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you truly care about patient care this is not the company for you" (in 6 reviews)

• "Upper management simply doesn’t care" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Registered nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Allen, TX

I have been working at Cantex Continuing Care Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Care for their employees

Cons

I have been with the company for 9 years- l don’t have any negative comment about the company!

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees

2. "decent company"

I worked at Cantex Continuing Care Network full-time

Pros

fulfilling place to work and co workers were helpful

Cons

no room for growth for non clinicians

"Unless you can’t find a job elsewhere"

Current Employee - LVN Charge Nurse in Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - LVN Charge Nurse in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Cantex Continuing Care Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the residents and families. Competitive pay, nice buildings, co-workers, shift availability. It’s hard to find a positive that makes Cantex stand out above others.

Cons

Upper management simply doesn’t care. The floor staff, are the ones working hardest to provide quality care, while being blamed for the building’s short comings. There never seems to be a budget for anything, except CEO salaries. Turnover is a nightmare. The health insurance is expensive and has a high deductible. Floor staff work short handed more often than not. Management inconsistent with how they address issues and adhere to policies. Management bends policies to suit their needs and agendas. The pharmacy has limited hours of operation. There is after hours available, but nurses are reprimanded for using the service because of cost. Most facilities use 24 hour pharmacies that make multiple deliveries and immediately process new admissions. No additional cost as it’s included in the contract. Cantex supposedly owns the pharmacy, but there’s been little benefit facility staff can see.

Advice to Management

Listen to your floor employees. Invest in them. That would help the turnover. People don’t like starting new jobs, and are often left with no other choice. And pharmacy... there’s got to be a better way.

4. "Past worker"

Former Employee - CNA in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - CNA in Southlake, TX

I worked at Cantex Continuing Care Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Feeling great of helping the residents. You enjoy being with them

Cons

Usually most of the time under staffed and more load of work.

Advice to Management

Try to hire more people so your employees will not be overwhelmed with the extra work.

5. "Culture of Fear"

I worked at Cantex Continuing Care Network full-time

Pros

Competitive salary, setting organizational structure.

Cons

Micromanagement, drive productivity with fear

"Worst job I have ever had in my life"

I worked at Cantex Continuing Care Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is difficult to find any pros, but I do appreciate my current employer so much more for having worked at a Cantex facility. I also learned that it is sometimes worth it to take a significant pay cut to leave a bad situation. PTO is generous, but it is difficult to use the PTO one has accrued because all departments are constantly short staffed, so PTO is frequently not approved. Pay is above average industry standard.

Cons

Long hours, constantly understaffed, expectations beyond anything humanly possible, management is condescending and actually uses profane language towards staff in patient areas. The electronic documentation is not nursing friendly and requires double and triple documentation. If you truly care about patient care this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Listen to the nurses, they are leaving in droves for a reason. I am a previous employee of the Lufkin location, and it was the worst job experience I have ever had. When I gave notice, I was offered more money to stay and I turned it down, taking a pay cut from my current wages to go to a different facility. It ultimately hurts the bottom line to disregard the dissatisfaction and high turnover of staff. If your staff is unhappy, then your patients will also be unhappy. I could write 10 pages on things that the management could improve on, but you didn't listen then and you won't listen now. Overall, listen to the nurses or continue to experience the level of staff turn over that you currently experience.

7. "If you like to be overworked and under appreciated... this is the place for you!"

Former Employee - LVN in Lufkin, TX

I worked at Cantex Continuing Care Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only pro I came out with was a love for the patients, it broke my heart to have to leave them.

Cons

Upper management and front office staff look down on everyone and expect everyone to work hard with ZERO appreciation or recognition. They continue to add patients without adding staff, sometimes even cutting staff back which is completely overwhelming, even patient families notice and offer the nurses or CNA’s help on occasion. The on call policy is a joke. When someone calls in on the weekend, it is looked over even though the person on call is the one that suffers. No one is held accountable and the staff there have to pick up the slack. Some people get special treatment because they know the right person when others who have worked there longer and/or harder just have to get by and watch it happen. I have literally seen people in the office make fun of a residents family member and it was disgusting, unprofessional, and ultimately the straw that broke the camels back with my decision to leave.

Advice to Management

Have some compassion not only for the residents, but your staff members. Everyone works for the same goal but it certainly doesn’t feel like it.

8. "ASST ED"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Cantex Continuing Care Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent orientation held in Dallas. Love the residents and my co-workers. Great place to learn and grow.

Cons

You are never OFF in this business. If a team member calls out.......you're it!

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the residents and your valued employees.

9. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Cantex Continuing Care Network full-time

Pros

employee engagement is good at corporate level

Cons

corporate office location is too deep into Carrollton

10. "My work experience"

Former Employee - 10-6 Charge Nurse in Silsbee, TX
    Former Employee - 10-6 Charge Nurse in Silsbee, TX

I worked at Cantex Continuing Care Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The one on one time spent with the residents. Great work atmosphere

Cons

Understaffed, nepotism, lack of supplies, health insurance was terrible and no future for career advancement

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more