Cantor Fitzgerald Senior Programmer Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2018

Found 3 reviews

Cantor Fitzgerald CEO Howard W. Lutnick
Howard W. Lutnick

"Private company for a reason"

Former Employee - Senior Programmer in New York, NY

I worked at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time for more than a year

Pros

In midtown so commute was good. People were generally very nice. There would be free Friday lunches bought by upper management.

Cons

Cheap. Squeezing many people into small building. I would see audit group sitting in a large closet. Heard rumours that company doesn't go public cuz there was skeletons in the closet.

Cantor Fitzgerald2018-11-27

"Work for them if you want to be commodity, not a value."

Former Employee - Senior Programmer in New York, NY

I worked at Cantor Fitzgerald

Pros

Good to have this position in your resume

Cons

The worst work place I ever had. I had to by my own monitor to make my work more efficient. They try to save money on everything. No 401K match, and more, they chose the company who charge money for holding your 401K account! It's outrages! I do not talk about having no free coffee and very overcrowd work space.

Advice to Management

Do not be so greedy. Threat people as a value, not commodity.

Cantor Fitzgerald2010-09-16

"BEWARE the health insurance!"

Current Employee - Senior Programmer in

I have been working at Cantor Fitzgerald

Pros

The team in my office (including my immediate Manager), are very pleasant to work with. My manager has also been flexible about us working from home on occasion. My manager is also good about us taking all our vacation time and even the occasional comp day. The work environment (physical office) is also better than average in our office (which is NOT the main offices in NYC).

Cons

We get nickeled and dimed on EVERYTHING related to healthcare: co-pays, deductibles, exclusions, refusals, medications. Well, when you add it up, it is a LOT more than nickels and dimes! In my case, it is hundreds of dollars (out of pocket) in a good month; but possibly thousands (if one of my kids needs PT/OT during the month). Be especially wary about the health plan if you are NOT working/living in the NYC area (most...

Advice to Management

1) Offer us a health care plan which doesn't nickel and dime us. Furthermore it is VITAL to allow out-of-state employees to enroll in quality LOCAL plans!!! 2) Those employees that you short-changed on compensation during the down times (because you could hire desperate, unemployed people cheaper) will be the first to leave (taking their experience and knowledge with them) when the economy turns up.

Cantor Fitzgerald2010-01-31