Capax Global Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Capax Global Managing Partner Jerry Hawk
Jerry Hawk

1. "Smart group of people who always love to work with cutting-edge technologies"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Capax Global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working with Capax Global for about eight years now. Capax Global is a place where we have tremendous opportunities to always work with cutting-edge technologies specifically Microsoft technologies like Azure, Data Lake, IoT etc. The flexibility to work remotely on most of the client project really helps people manage the personal time as well as work life. Leadership that I got chance to work with have been great mentors and they are always ready to spend time to help day to day problems related to work. One of the main differentiators of the Capax Global with many other tech companies that I know is; here all the C-level and executive management are equally good at management and also technical subject matters, hence no wonder, here you will see C- level executives helping writing code or testing an application.

Cons

For people who like to work 9to5 and like to work on same technologies they know forever, Capax Global is not the place. The challenge here is that you got to be a learner and ready to face some big new problem of a client every day! If you never like to travel and only like to do a typical 9-5 job, you may want to rethink to join Capax Global, but the positive note is, even if you are of that sort of person and take up the job with Capax Global, chances are that you will still get motivated to change yourself and taste the fun involved in challenging world we deal with.

Advice to Management

It would help to increase more internal communication with internal employees and also plan on more face time meetings (though its challenging with global presence of the staff). Also any small changes to make the Capax Global brand value more visible at client places will bring more elevation at client locations (example, provide some Capax Global labeled bags, shirts, coats etc.).

2. "cowboys"

Former Employee - Implementation Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Implementation Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Capax Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the wild west, seat of their pants company

Cons

worst management blame others kind of place

Advice to Management

find out the truth before you point fingers!

Capax Global Response

Jun 22, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

I am sorry to hear that you spent over a year of your career in such a negative organization and hope that you have moved on to an employer you are happy with. I am unsure of who you were working for ... More

3. "Get Place for Pros"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capax Global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Experienced senior technical staff.
    Results and quality of code craftsmanship is very important
    Project teams are very collaborative and work together tightly to deliver projects
    Good compensation

Cons

Professional development is important, but it's typically self-guided
    Need to be assertive when encountering problems, but people are very helpful
    Client can require travel (normally once month or less), but varies by client

4. "Worked for Capax for over 10 years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Capax Global (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked as a full time employee of Capax for over 10 years - Capax is led by an excellent CEO that has a full understanding of what his team is capable of while working directly on customer projects himself. The motto has always been to hire and work with the best technical talent in the industry and new employees will find a very senior and talented team that know how to have a good time and are more family than colleague.

Cons

Significant delivery pressure - clients hire Capax to be sure their problem is solved and the culture of the company is focused on customer delight which can lead to "living the project"

Advice to Management

Add an IOS Practice!

5. "Excellent Enterprise Software Development"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Capax Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The management is very responsive to my personal situation. They pick contracts based on my current skills, desired learning opportunities, travel requirements and time constraints. They are very willing to work with me to find the best fit.

You can work as much or as little as you want. They have some projects that require extreme time constraints, and others with average. I've found that even in the extreme contracts there will always be lulls in the work (after deadline has been met) where you can have a chance to breathe and recharge your batteries.

On all projects they emphasize best practices and use the latest & greatest technology whenever possible. I am keeping up on all the latest technology just by going to work! However, the solutions are always about the right tool for the job, so sometimes you will need to interact with old, outdated systems/technology.

There are incredibly smart people at the company you can always call upon for advice - including literally the best people in disciplines such as Exchange, Autonomy, MS SQL and more. Microsoft has Capax as one it's top 5 consulting firms...#1 in areas like SQL I believe.

I have learned so much about software development working here, and seems to be learning more every couple months.

Cons

Sometimes you get stuck between software bugs and a deadline which can lead to very stressful/long weeks, but that seems to be par when working on *enterprise* software development contracts - at least in my experience.

Advice to Management

None.

6. "Capax Global respects their employees and recognizes and promotes a healthy work/life balance"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Capax Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A technical company that appreciates and values your technical accomplishments and abilities.

Cons

none that come to mind

Advice to Management

fantastic leadership

7. "Make a difference with innovative, cutting edge technology"

I have been working at Capax Global full-time

Pros

A united, technically challenging, consumer-centric, and not to mention truly enjoyable work environment. Delicious food, drinks, parties and generosity accompany our workdays. It's Capax Global's "People First" mentality that truly sets it apart. Get to know its history, and expect phenomenal growth in the years to come. Find a challenging project and allow Capax to pull you into new and innovative products and projects.

Cons

We are a consulting company, so projects likely focus on our customer and their needs. With time, we will become somewhat product-focused internally, but expect to be engaged with customers and their products regularly.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on things that influence the big picture, and build more products internally! Our team is immensely talented, grow with caution and soar higher! What a uniquely rewarding time to work for Capax Global.

8. ""Part of the Capax Global team for over 10 years""

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Capax Global full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

From the CEO on down this is the most employee sensitive company I have ever been a part of, they truly care, and as a result the retention rate is 100 percent and they attract the best talent in the industry. The success stories are endless, technical teams that deliver first time, every time. One of the indicators of success as a consulting firm is customers that come back with new projects, continuing business is common place with Capax.

Cons

If you are looking for a 9 - 5 job Capax is not the place for you. Customer satisfaction can't be achieved in 8 hour days and requires folks that are willing to go the extra mile.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing - continue being innovative, challenging and rewarding!

9. "How all consulting businesses should operate"

I have been working at Capax Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Capax Global now for nearly 8 months now. What I can say about my experience is that I have been treated like a king. Having worked in the IT consulting industry for 13 years, this is like heaven. Everything is top shelf; equipment, benefits, expense reporting, and of course, compensation. I would also like to say the management structure is fairly flat, meaning communication up and down the “chain of command” is easy. Might I add, management truly treats people with great respect and dignity.

Sure, project deadlines occasionally have us working late into the night or the occasional weekend, but that is not usually in the consulting business. While on the topic of working hard, it sure is nice that although we all live in different cities, the virtual teams share a deep sense of comradery. No one is left dangling in the wind at crunch time. From the CEO all the way down, everyone pitches in to meet the inevitable challenges.

Cons

The same as in most other consulting businesses experiencing great success and the work is fast and furious.

10. ""No bull company""

Current Employee - Senior Data Architect
    Current Employee - Senior Data Architect

I have been working at Capax Global full-time

Pros

There is very little office politics at this company, which is a key satisfier for me. Everyone is very technical and works as a team. Company execs are supportive and positive. Overall very good environment.

Cons

Some more formal processes may need to be in place for project management.

Advice to Management

Keep being positive, supportive, and goaled for success for everyone, not just the bottom line.