Capco Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Quality of work-life balance is great (in 32 reviews)

• Great people throughout the firm with an open and approachable leadership team (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Getting the work/life balance right can be a challenge initially (in 29 reviews)

• At risk of becomming a body shop (in 30 reviews)

1. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great access to upper management and high quality engagements in DC

Cons

Limited clients in the DC area

Nov 22, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review, and we're pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

We have significant relationships with key clients in the DC area, and we are further expanding our presence. To... More

2. "Great Company For Growth"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Friendly culture and supportive environment
    -Small enough that you can learn most peoples names and have a sense of community with the company as a whole
    -Willing to take risks in terms of business opportunities and allows junior members to run with initiatives if capable
    -So far, has been a place that rewards and recognizes high achievers

Cons

There are wide spread concerns that the recent private equity purchase will negatively impact promotions, wage increases and bonuses. While this may increase profits in the short term, this will definitely increase turnover, particularly for high performing talent who will be forced to seek employment elsewhere. High performers should be paid market standards for retention purposes since they are often the ones enabling existing accounts to see the value from hiring Capco consultants.

High and low performers have many opportunities to join larger consulting firms and attrition of top talent due to compensation discrepancies will negatively impact the long term health of Capco and will be noticeable in their long term accounts.

Advice to Management

Provide market standard compensation for high performers. They provide the stability in long term accounts required for growth. This will increase turnover for those not performing to a high standard but grow the population of competent talent. Stick to meritocracy roots.

Nov 21, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review and we are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the many benefits and opportunities on offer at Capco.

Regarding your comments on compensation, there are many reviews on... More

3. "So far, so good."

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Capco appears to be in a period rapid expansion, presenting an excellent opportunity for young professionals in my industry and specialization.

Cons

No cons yet - I just look forward to completion of the new DC office. The new location will be an added improvement. 👍🏽

Advice to Management

Add top PBI's to your campus recruitment radar, if you haven't already.

Oct 25, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review and welcome to the Capco team!

The firm is certainly expanding, which means lots of opportunities for career progression and development. Given Capco's focus on the... More

"Forming the Future of Finance"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capco is a great place to work as shown by the ever-growing number of awards received year after year. The culture at Capco is so unique and positive compared to other firms in the industry and that starts at top. From Partner to Associate, your voice is heard and your work is recognized. As an employee I have never felt like just a number, but rather as part of team that is so passionate about what they do. That culture is felt the minute you join the team and has truly made Capco a great place to work.

Cons

Many employees work in remote locations across the country where offices are not present. These employees are at a disadvantage due to not being able to attend classroom-only training offered by Capco. While some training is offered in a virtual classroom, most training is only available in person. This puts those employees at a disadvantage compared to other employees who work in cities with a Capco office available.

Advice to Management

More training, and specifically certifications related to project work and career skill building, need to be available in a virtual setting rather than classroom-based due to the nature of the consulting industry.

Oct 25, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco. In particular, your comment that you felt part of the team as soon as you joined is great to hear. As we... More

5. "Senior Consultant"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, Opportunity, Challenge, Career Development, Project Diversity, Developing Leading Industry FinTech, Internal training/learning hub

Cons

Mismanagement, Siloes, Frequent changes to executive management in last few years

Oct 19, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the career development and learning opportunities at Capco. As a firm, we recognize the importance of offering strong development... More

6. "Long-Time Employee Excited For the Future..."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Capco offers industry leading compensation, benefits and an exciting environment of growth and change. If you're a good performer, you will be staffed on great projects and have the opportunity to advance within the company based on your capabilities. Capco is now and independent firm which will support our competitiveness in the marketplace and place a renewed focus on our core professional services business.

Since I've been at the firm, I have found the performance review process to be fair. It has been a great place for me meet and work with some terrific people.

At Capco, you can truly specialize in whichever competencies you wish.

Cons

Since I have been with the firm, there has been quite a bit of change, but that's part of the game when you join a growing firm. As with all consulting firms, the management structure can be a bit decentralized which may take some adjustment for people who are new to the industry.

Advice to Management

Focus on bringing in the best talent, creating a tight-knit environment and out-classing the competition as we continue to grow.

Sep 13, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review and we're very pleased to hear your passion for Capco after 5+ years with the firm!

It's great to hear that Capco has really benefited your career in terms of development... More

7. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great exposure to various banking clients. I had the opportunities to meet a diversified professions in banking through this wonderful experience. There are a lot exit options for people to go to big four or go back to banking. Partner level people welcome coffee chat and like to mentor junior level consultant like me. HR is highly supportive and fair for international workers (although now they don't sponsor as the international worker number cap is reached). Clients are all large banks. I get to know lot of really smart and positive colleagues and became lifelong friends. Most importantly, it's a fun and engaging culture with a lot of young and passionate individuals. I had a great time with it! Last but not the least, joined as an associate, I left as a senior consultant, my salary doubled. Its benefits are among the top percentile among the peers.

Cons

Client work sometimes is good and sometimes is bad. But if you have a good brand, you will easily get a good project as people just reach out to you. It's never a really big problem to me to get a good project that contain strategy substance or exit a project I don't like.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring international workers if cap issue is resolved. Sell more strategy projects. Retain talent who knows the real staff.

Sep 4, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Capco!

In particular, it's great to hear what a positive experience this was for your career development and the... More

8. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong support and direction from management, challenging work with top tier clients, merit based promotions. Excellent vacation policy and work/life balance and great benefits.

Cons

Growing company, a little top and bottom heavy. Need to hire more more smart, talented mid-level people

Advice to Management

Hire more strong Consultant/Senior Consultants with industry experience

Aug 30, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

As you mention, Capco offers talented individuals the opportunity to work with some top tier clients on... More

9. "Capco cares!"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management
    Competitive salary and benefits
    good vacation policy
    be yourself at work culture
    Entrepreneurial spirit
    friendly people
    ability to drive your career

Cons

Some partners and managing principals need to be more compliant of the company culture

Advice to Management

Use top down approach to drive people programs

Aug 22, 2017 – HR

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and we are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

Your review perfectly sums up many of the great things that Capco offers as a firm... More

10. "Consultant"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capco has a great culture that allows you to be yourself at work. They are currently going through a period of rapid expansion

Cons

High turnover makes it hard to network

Advice to Management

6 month review cycles will help prevent turnover

Aug 30, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review.

Our people, and their ability to grow their careers at Capco, are very important to us. We place significant emphasis on continuous learning, through classroom... More