Capco Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic Development Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having worked at Capco for 6 years, I have seen the company go through a lot of growth and I have enjoyed being part of this. The culture has changed over the years but is no less strong and allows for continuous improvement and innovation - which is owned by employees. What has remained consistent during this time is the focus on people and their development. I along with many others have been given opportunities, excellent training and support to develop that we would not have received at other companies. I have enjoyed the flat structure at Capco, the approach-ability of the leadership and the friendliness of employees.

Cons

Capco is a fast paced company to work for - anyone looking for a slow paced, hierarchical company will not be suited to Capco.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on people.

Jun 15, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco and the excellent career and development opportunities the firm offers! The company has... More

2. "Company that is going places and wants to take you with it"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture instilled from the top down
    Opinions from all employees matter, regardless of level - no senior manager privileges
    Strong growth within company meaning good compensation and opportunities to work on projects outside the U.K.
    Excellent career progression for those looking to grow
    Diverse and vibrant workforce

Cons

Need to find a balance between project versus building your Capco network internally

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard at maintaining Capco culture as the company grows

"Definitely the right career move"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative and drive career growth. What they say they do they actually deliver! that the key reason I joined Capco. Being respected, having responsibility and a say in how I do my role and can improve things keeps me motivated. Great to feel a part of a great working family and definitely the right move in joining Capco.

Cons

Need to continue to drive brand awareness

4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Encouraged to share ideas
    Company is growing and experiencing lots of exciting change
    Supportive with personal issues
    Culture - fun, lots of initiatives focusing on
    Staff bought into improving the company

Cons

As there are so many great initiatives to get involved with, you can find it difficult to say no

Aug 7, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your Capco experience!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco and would fully agree that Capco is a great place to work. As you mention in... More

5. "Lots of opportunities is a firm that is growing..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at Capco for a few months now, and it is a dynamic environment where I feel that I can make a difference right away. The company has a engaged, passionate workforce, and consists of smart people who are committed to delivering excellent work. At the same time, the culture is less corporate than many professional services or financial services firms. The company has a flat hierarchy, and you are judged on what and how you deliver. It has been an interesting and engaging work experience so far, and as we grow, I feel that employees will benefit from having even greater opportunities to add value and make change.

Cons

Like many professional services firms, Capco can do better in regards to work/life balance.

Aug 7, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and welcome to the Capco team!

We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time at Capco. Your review sums up the many benefits and... More

6. "Unique Culture"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Capco's culture means it is always a fun, dynamic and challenging place to work. The structure is flat so employees of all levels can have a say and drive ideas within the workplace, and the partners and other senior management are very open and supportive. Capco truly is a meritocracy and employees have the opportunity to progress very quickly if they perform well.

Cons

Capco is growing quickly and management are working on ways to keep the same culture and integrate new joiners well.

Advice to Management

Keep being open and allowing junior employees to drive initiatives and feel involved. Be constantly aware of change and not losing our unique culture.

Jul 5, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Capco's culture is one of the many things which sets it apart from other firms and in our recent global people survey, one of the top scoring... More

7. "Great star- exciting and rewardingt"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Joined Capco in January and it has more than fulfilled my expectations. Colleagues are bright, diverse and committed. The culture is inclusive but also challenging. Leadership is engaging and approachable and the work is rewarding, and innovative, on projects that are shaping the Finance sector. The Firm has just announced plans to become independent and identified sources of investment to fuel rapid growth with lots of opportunities for progression.

For those who are looking for a challenging, exciting and rewarding career I would recommend Capco, especially at present when we get the chance to shape and build a new and important consulting practice in the sector

Cons

Good at keep people up to date and regular celebrations but more frequent business updates would be useful

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the delivery of the new and independent Capco and as you create the new Firm take care to keep what is great in the old one!

Jun 15, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review.

Welcome to the firm and we are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your first six months at Capco! The points referenced in your review perfectly sum up all the... More

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good remuneration
    - Free food and drinks at Capco functions

Cons

- CEO - The speeches he gives at events are often recycled with him promising to give back to the employees of Capco. However, these promises never materialise.

- Capco is rather clique when it comes to its promotes. The promotions often go to those who rub shoulders with senior management. I have often found myself being advised to, “put in time with people”, to increase my “exposure” and have found this to be a pivotal strategy in being promoted.

- Possibly the most important point I must emphasise is that all of Capco’s work is BAU. You might find yourself at an event where the CEO is speaking of all the wonderful, interesting work Capco is doing, but I have never seen this work and nor have many of my colleagues.

- The final point I would like to end on is, Capco is the graveyard for many peoples careers. The short-term compensation benefits, what I like to call the "golden handcuffs”, prevent people from moving to other firms. Before you know it, you’re 30, earning on average wage and you have a sudden realisation that the work you are doing is not challenging nor interesting.

Advice to Management

Be truthful about the work Capco does to potential employees in order to allow them to make an objective decision of whether to apply.

Jun 26, 2017 – HR

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Whilst we are pleased to read that you agree that Capco offers market-leading compensation and benefits, we are disappointed to read some of your... More

"An employer who walks the walk"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the few employers who walks the walk on commitment to people. Not come across any other employer who has a 'no time in role' approach for career progression. Great bunch of folks to work with.

Cons

Not your kind of workplace if you are looking for Consulting opportunities not focused in the financial services sector

Advice to Management

More of the same please!

Apr 20, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your positive review!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco and collaborating with your colleagues. As you mention, Capco's 'no time in grade' policy really sets... More

"Pretty good"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly working culture, good Human Capital team.

Cons

IT is fairly poor. Integration of the parent company is pushing on and the local help desk aren't as helpful as they could be.

Mar 14, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Capco - our distinctive culture, lack of hierarchy and family feel is something which we pride... More