Capco Partner Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2019

4.4
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy
  1. "A great combination of consulting & entrepreneurship"

Current Employee - Partner in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Capco is an ideal hybrid of an established firm and an entrepreneurial startup. There is willingness to invest in new business ideas, desire to grow and enter new clients and markets, and a flat operating structure that encourages everyone to go after opportunities for the firm and their own careers. There is also a genuine focus on 'Being Yourself at Work' that encourages all of our employees to be who they are... openly and honestly with clients and colleagues. Unlike many firms where this is a 'check the box' type of thing, Capco really believes and invests in enabling this.

Cons

Because of its entrepreneurial nature and the flexibility afforded, there is sometimes less structure and process than you would expect compared to larger consulting firms.

Capco2019-07-18

"Great company"

Former Employee - Partner in New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company with integrity and good market solutions. Management treats everyone fairly and plenty of growth and opportunity within Capco and clients

Cons

Lots of politics but nothing new in mid-size companies

Capco2018-08-13

"Fast Growing Boutique"

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Capco is a place that will give back to you what you put into it. If you are a self-motivated, entrepreneurial thinker who loves a challenging day-to-day, Capco is a fantastic place to grow your career. There are client engagements at every major bank in New York, with plenty of additional opportunity. The firm has a very young feel to it - lots of energy, creativity and committment.

Cons

Capco is light on infrastructure, intentionally lean. You may find yourself doing some things that are normally done for you at other firms. Put differently, it is a roll-up-your sleeves culture, for better or worse.

Advice to Management

Aggressively pursue the growth strategy with the new independent ownership, and defend the culture at all costs. Capco is a special place to work for all of us.

Capco2017-09-12

"Great Experiences and Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Associate Partner in Macomb, MI

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Capco is an agile and nimble firm that allows individuals to find their own career path while still providing a support structure to enable that growth. I have been at Capco for almost 8 years and in that time have seen a lot of change, all of it positive. I've worked at larger "big 4" firms and would not disparage them, I just find that for myself I truly enjoy the flat structure, the merit based recognition. I... find the organization easy to navigate and the access to senior management is unlike what I had experienced at other firms. I really think Capco is a great place to work and grow your skill set in the not just Financial Services but in the Technology that supports it as well. As someone who came in at a more junior level and has been able to take ownership of internal parts of the organization and help shape and grow our offerings and client relationships I really do see the value of the firm and encourage others to see it too.

Cons

The firm doesn't have quite the scale or name recognition (yet) of bigger firms so have to explain the value of Capco initially when talking to clients but once they understand who we are that becomes much less of an issue. I've seen other reviews about how "unfair" or "random" the review processes are, and I'd have to say I've never seen a "perfect" performance management system at any of the firms I've worked at... nor at our clients, I think the management truly cares and fights for our people but it does require individuals to own their own career, for people who just want to punch the clock and "9 to 5" it - they're not going to see the same growth as someone who puts in the extra time and effort it takes to get ahead - and that's no different at Capco than anywhere else in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide career path guidance and education and visibility in to the broader strategic goals of the firm to allow all levels to contribute to that vision.

Capco2017-09-07

"Great Place to Work"

Partner

I have been working at Capco

Pros

I spent over 10 years with a big 4 consulting firm... this place is better - Leadership is focus on being different and innovative - Significant focus on people and rewarding for performance - Great work and getting better - Great culture and people - Leadership is inclusive and collaborative - Strong growth leading to great career opportunities

Cons

Basic growing pains, but leadership is focus on addressing these issues

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing

Capco2014-12-11
  6. "A truly unique firm"

Current Employee - Partner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative, fun, not stuck in the traditional Big 4 advisory model business that is behind the times and too slow to move at the pace our clients expect. Ability to forge your own path, open door to senior management , great people, true SME's in the FS industry

Cons

work life balance which is always a massive challenge in the industry - Capco better than most at balancing but its still a grind at times

Advice to Management

Embrace the change in our industry, continue to innovate and transform the business model, continue to look to our clients as a source of inspiration for our solutions

Capco2014-06-12

"A bold ride building another great technology advisory team"

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Autonomy - able to create our own destiny

Cons

No time to rest - but that's consulting

Advice to Management

Keep adapting to the market - never stagnate

Capco2013-12-05
  8. "London CAPCO"

Former Employee - Associate Partner

I worked at Capco full-time

Pros

Backed by Private Equity Smartest entrepreneurs

Cons

Limited brand recognition Investment in staff still catching up the rest

Capco2019-09-23

"Recruitment Business Partner"

Former Employee - Recruitment Business Partner in London, England

I worked at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great senior management team (Digital & Tech Department) who are incredibly bought in to the recruitment team and genuinely care about finding the right candidates for the business. Hiring managers are happy to set time aside to teach and educate you on the specific areas of which you are recruiting - rare in many companies. Lots of opportunities to learn about the industry and teams that you are... recruiting in through lunch and learns, brown bag sessions etc. Good social perks with the wider business.

Cons

The recruitment team itself is heavily KPI focused and run almost identically to a recruitment agency (most who join the team want to get out of this type of environment). Expectations set to work late after work to run recruitment evenings (8/9PM) with no time back. (In interview process told once a month however was often 5 times per month) No working from home is considered unless a formal request is put... forward. Little to no progression in role.

Capco2018-12-18

"Recruitment Business Partner - London"

Former Employee - Recruitment Business Partner in London, England

I worked at Capco full-time

Pros

- Good company where you have the opportunity to have a lot of face time with senior leadership - Some great individuals across the business as well as the recruitment team, the business do really care about recruitment and see it as an important partner in the growth of the company

Cons

- Management style: Whilst there are some great individuals across the recruitment team it's led extremely poorly. Poor culture (led from the top) with a lack of support from management. The team has extremely high turnover with a lot of recruiters only staying with the team for around 6 months. There's only a handful of the team who have actually been there for a considerable amount of time. You're often called out... on very petty things such as working away from your desk or arriving 5 minutes late to the office (this point is quite frustrating as you're expected to work late on interview evenings most weeks). - Very granular KPI focus, similar to working in a recruitment agency (without the commission!) How many CVs are you sending, how many LinkedIn messages do you send.... Overall recommend recruiters avoid joining whilst current management structure is in place. The cons far outweigh the pros. Disappointing as the company is great and deserves a better led, happier recruitment team.

Advice to Management

Less focus on numbers, more focus on team culture and support in the recruitment team. Research has shown that a supported and happy team will be more successful in the long term. Changes at the top needed. Listen to the team and the business.

Capco2018-06-27