Capco Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Quality of work-life balance is great (in 32 reviews)

• Great people throughout the firm with an open and approachable leadership team (in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast Growing Boutique"

Current Employee - Partner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Partner in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capco is a place that will give back to you what you put into it. If you are a self-motivated, entrepreneurial thinker who loves a challenging day-to-day, Capco is a fantastic place to grow your career.

There are client engagements at every major bank in New York, with plenty of additional opportunity.

The firm has a very young feel to it - lots of energy, creativity and committment.

Cons

Capco is light on infrastructure, intentionally lean. You may find yourself doing some things that are normally done for you at other firms. Put differently, it is a roll-up-your sleeves culture, for better or worse.

Advice to Management

Aggressively pursue the growth strategy with the new independent ownership, and defend the culture at all costs. Capco is a special place to work for all of us.

Thank you for your review.

It's fantastic to hear how enthusiastic you are about the firm after your 3+ years at Capco. Your passion for Capco comes across clearly in your review and demonstrates... More

2. "Long-Time Employee Excited For the Future..."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Capco offers industry leading compensation, benefits and an exciting environment of growth and change. If you're a good performer, you will be staffed on great projects and have the opportunity to advance within the company based on your capabilities. Capco is now and independent firm which will support our competitiveness in the marketplace and place a renewed focus on our core professional services business.

Since I've been at the firm, I have found the performance review process to be fair. It has been a great place for me meet and work with some terrific people.

At Capco, you can truly specialize in whichever competencies you wish.

Cons

Since I have been with the firm, there has been quite a bit of change, but that's part of the game when you join a growing firm. As with all consulting firms, the management structure can be a bit decentralized which may take some adjustment for people who are new to the industry.

Advice to Management

Focus on bringing in the best talent, creating a tight-knit environment and out-classing the competition as we continue to grow.

Sep 13, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review and we're very pleased to hear your passion for Capco after 5+ years with the firm!

It's great to hear that Capco has really benefited your career in terms of development... More

3. "Consultant"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Has began to provide more structure pipeline management and sales capabilities

Cons

Constant change in leadership due to multiple buyouts from large companies - Culture has shifted despite how we promote ourselves

4. "Great Experiences and Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Associate Partner in Macomb, MI
    Current Employee - Associate Partner in Macomb, MI

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Capco is an agile and nimble firm that allows individuals to find their own career path while still providing a support structure to enable that growth. I have been at Capco for almost 8 years and in that time have seen a lot of change, all of it positive. I've worked at larger "big 4" firms and would not disparage them, I just find that for myself I truly enjoy the flat structure, the merit based recognition. I find the organization easy to navigate and the access to senior management is unlike what I had experienced at other firms. I really think Capco is a great place to work and grow your skill set in the not just Financial Services but in the Technology that supports it as well. As someone who came in at a more junior level and has been able to take ownership of internal parts of the organization and help shape and grow our offerings and client relationships I really do see the value of the firm and encourage others to see it too.

Cons

The firm doesn't have quite the scale or name recognition (yet) of bigger firms so have to explain the value of Capco initially when talking to clients but once they understand who we are that becomes much less of an issue. I've seen other reviews about how "unfair" or "random" the review processes are, and I'd have to say I've never seen a "perfect" performance management system at any of the firms I've worked at nor at our clients, I think the management truly cares and fights for our people but it does require individuals to own their own career, for people who just want to punch the clock and "9 to 5" it - they're not going to see the same growth as someone who puts in the extra time and effort it takes to get ahead - and that's no different at Capco than anywhere else in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide career path guidance and education and visibility in to the broader strategic goals of the firm to allow all levels to contribute to that vision.

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your 8 years at Capco, and your enthusiasm for the firm shines through. As a leader in our firm, your review demonstrates... More

5. "Emerging Financial Services Consulting Firm"

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Entrepreneurial culture
    -Flat, Global organization spanning several fin service segments such as investment banking, wealth mgmt, retail banking, consumer lending, mortgage, cap mkts, etc.
    -Broad horizontal offerings such as biz transformation and strategy, financial risk and compliance, digital, technology deliver and data.
    -Strong corporate support for Diversity and Inclusion plus employee engagement

Cons

-Continue to Focus on expanding US footprint beyond NY, DC and Chicago
    -Continue to support growth through investments, partnerships, and acquisitions

6. "A great place to get banking experience"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Great place to work if you want broad experience in Financial Services.

Cons

Nothing really. You may feel a bit lost if you don't like small companies.

Aug 30, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review and we are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco. As a consultancy solely focused on the financial services sector, a career at Capco enables our employees to... More

7. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong support and direction from management, challenging work with top tier clients, merit based promotions. Excellent vacation policy and work/life balance and great benefits.

Cons

Growing company, a little top and bottom heavy. Need to hire more more smart, talented mid-level people

Advice to Management

Hire more strong Consultant/Senior Consultants with industry experience

Aug 30, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

As you mention, Capco offers talented individuals the opportunity to work with some top tier clients on... More

8. "Capco cares!"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management
    Competitive salary and benefits
    good vacation policy
    be yourself at work culture
    Entrepreneurial spirit
    friendly people
    ability to drive your career

Cons

Some partners and managing principals need to be more compliant of the company culture

Advice to Management

Use top down approach to drive people programs

Aug 22, 2017 – HR

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and we are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

Your review perfectly sums up many of the great things that Capco offers as a firm... More

9. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capco has a great culture that allows you to be yourself at work. They are currently going through a period of rapid expansion

Cons

High turnover makes it hard to network

Advice to Management

6 month review cycles will help prevent turnover

Thank you for your review.

Our people, and their ability to grow their careers at Capco, are very important to us. We place significant emphasis on continuous learning, through classroom... More

10. "Capco offers a lot of opportunity to grow your career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Capco, you have the opportunity to develop your skills, learn from some of the best in the field, and build your professional and personal network. You can make things happen and realize your goals. I've always been struck by the level of passion and energy of the people of Capco. As consultants, we are always challenging ourselves and looking at ways to make an even greater impact. The company cares about its people and invests in learning opportunities and social events that help to foster a sense of community. I love working at Capco!

Cons

You need to be self-motivated, and pursue the opportunities that are available to you. If you are not comfortable driving your own career, you might struggle at Capco.

Jul 24, 2017 – HR

Thanks for taking the time to share your Capco experience!

We are delighted to hear that you love being a part of the Capco team and your review perfectly sums up the opportunities, culture and... More