Capco Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Quality of work-life balance is great (in 37 reviews)

• Great people throughout the firm with an open and approachable leadership team (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Getting the work/life balance right can be a challenge initially (in 30 reviews)

• The promotions often go to those who rub shoulders with senior management (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast Growing Boutique"

Current Employee - Partner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Partner in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capco is a place that will give back to you what you put into it. If you are a self-motivated, entrepreneurial thinker who loves a challenging day-to-day, Capco is a fantastic place to grow your career.

There are client engagements at every major bank in New York, with plenty of additional opportunity.

The firm has a very young feel to it - lots of energy, creativity and committment.

Cons

Capco is light on infrastructure, intentionally lean. You may find yourself doing some things that are normally done for you at other firms. Put differently, it is a roll-up-your sleeves culture, for better or worse.

Advice to Management

Aggressively pursue the growth strategy with the new independent ownership, and defend the culture at all costs. Capco is a special place to work for all of us.

Sep 13, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review.

It's fantastic to hear how enthusiastic you are about the firm after your 3+ years at Capco. Your passion for Capco comes across clearly in your review and demonstrates... More

2. "Great onboarding experience!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a new hire, figuring out how to navigate within a new organization can sometimes be challenging. However, as a new hire my transition into Capco was probably one of the best I've every experienced at a new company. On my first day I already had the first week laid out with a proper induction plan. Sessions were scheduled in advance over the course of the week, along with contacts to meet and connections already made the minute I walked in the door. I was really impressed with how seamless and easy it was to get acclimated.

Cons

We didn't have technology until the second day, but it's difficult to call that a con as that's still a lot quicker than I've seen in a lot of other places.

Advice to Management

Access to senior people is key for new hires coming in the door. I would just advise that the focus around this continues to be a priority.

Dec 11, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review, and we are pleased to hear about your experience with Capco as a new joiner.

Setting people up for success when they join the firm is very important to us, and a... More

3. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After several rounds of interviews with Big 4/strategy firms, I made the decision to join Capco.
    There is a great culture (teaming, entrepreneurial, straightforward, open door policy) and people at all levels have in depth expertise in the financial services industry.
    Lots of thought leadership & projects in digital strategy, robotics, tech strategy which is the way to go!

Cons

Internal IT could be better, but I heard it will addressed shortly.
    Really not much, I really enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Increase the visibility of the business pipeline to all levels
    Continue focusing on what matters to build the banks of the future

Dec 11, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review, and we are pleased to hear that after your research and interviews with other consulting firms you chose to join Capco.

We are also really excited by the thought... More

4. "Great company with growth prospects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capco is a consulting company with a difference, 100% focused on financial services, deeper competency than all the Big 4 and similar, clients that know us really value us.

Lots of interesting and transformative work in the digital and data analytics spaces.

Capco is a less known brand name, but is usually much more highly valued than the competition by those who know us well.

Culture is excellent - entrepreneurial, edgy, informal.

Cons

Don't fall for the negative comments about staff augmentation. All large consulting firms do some staff aug, it's the nature of the business. Capco does many interesting projects, and some truly transformational ones.

Work life balance can be a challenge, but depends largely on the client.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with junior consultants to understand their issues and concerns.

Communicate more about the state of the business

5. "Much better than a big four!"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Capco feels different - more edgy and innovative than a traditional big four consultancy. Who wants to work for a big four and deal with all the legacy accountancy dynamic?

Cons

Capco is a fast moving and growing company, which means a few things are self service. But that helps the culture too.

6. "Feels Like Home"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Even before I joined Capco, when I was going through the recruitment process and onboarding process, I have always felt like Capco is a place that cares about their people. I have spent a lot of time at different companies and nothing compares.

I have seen Capco go through significant structural/management changes and they have always made it a priority to keep their fantastic culture and ensure their people are happy.

They enable you to succeed and give you the necessary tools to do so. You will be rewarded for hard work and given the opportunity to succeed. It truly is a place that you get what you put in.

They are very flat. When speaking with the partners, I am treated like a peer. I have built friendships with my coworkers that will last a life time.

They value their clients and sell very interesting work.

Last but not least, the free food and beverages is a plus

Cons

Hard to think of any but the internal technology and platforms could be a bit better. They are making changes though.

And they stopped supplying free Gatorade

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and clients

Provide more transparency into what our parent companies are thinking of and doing with Capco

7. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great access to upper management and high quality engagements in DC

Cons

Limited clients in the DC area

Nov 22, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review, and we're pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

We have significant relationships with key clients in the DC area, and we are further expanding our presence. To... More

8. "Great Company For Growth"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Friendly culture and supportive environment
    -Small enough that you can learn most peoples names and have a sense of community with the company as a whole
    -Willing to take risks in terms of business opportunities and allows junior members to run with initiatives if capable
    -So far, has been a place that rewards and recognizes high achievers

Cons

There are wide spread concerns that the recent private equity purchase will negatively impact promotions, wage increases and bonuses. While this may increase profits in the short term, this will definitely increase turnover, particularly for high performing talent who will be forced to seek employment elsewhere. High performers should be paid market standards for retention purposes since they are often the ones enabling existing accounts to see the value from hiring Capco consultants.

High and low performers have many opportunities to join larger consulting firms and attrition of top talent due to compensation discrepancies will negatively impact the long term health of Capco and will be noticeable in their long term accounts.

Advice to Management

Provide market standard compensation for high performers. They provide the stability in long term accounts required for growth. This will increase turnover for those not performing to a high standard but grow the population of competent talent. Stick to meritocracy roots.

Nov 21, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review and we are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the many benefits and opportunities on offer at Capco.

Regarding your comments on compensation, there are many reviews on... More

9. "Lots of opportunities for growth"

Pros

Great place to learn, it is the kind of place where you will be given a lot responsibility if you show the willingness to take on the work

Cons

Pay was lower than expected given the live work balance

Nov 6, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased to read your comments around the opportunities for career progression and development. Capco offers lots of channels for continuous learning, whether... More

"So far, so good."

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Capco appears to be in a period rapid expansion, presenting an excellent opportunity for young professionals in my industry and specialization.

Cons

No cons yet - I just look forward to completion of the new DC office. The new location will be an added improvement. 👍🏽

Advice to Management

Add top PBI's to your campus recruitment radar, if you haven't already.

Oct 25, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review and welcome to the Capco team!

The firm is certainly expanding, which means lots of opportunities for career progression and development. Given Capco's focus on the... More