Capco Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Quality of work-life balance is great (in 37 reviews)

• Great people throughout the firm with an open and approachable leadership team (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Getting the work/life balance right can be a challenge initially (in 30 reviews)

• The promotions often go to those who rub shoulders with senior management (in 25 reviews)

1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After several rounds of interviews with Big 4/strategy firms, I made the decision to join Capco.
    There is a great culture (teaming, entrepreneurial, straightforward, open door policy) and people at all levels have in depth expertise in the financial services industry.
    Lots of thought leadership & projects in digital strategy, robotics, tech strategy which is the way to go!

Cons

Internal IT could be better, but I heard it will addressed shortly.
    Really not much, I really enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Increase the visibility of the business pipeline to all levels
    Continue focusing on what matters to build the banks of the future

Dec 11, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review, and we are pleased to hear that after your research and interviews with other consulting firms you chose to join Capco.

We are also really excited by the thought... More

2. "Much better than a big four!"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Capco feels different - more edgy and innovative than a traditional big four consultancy. Who wants to work for a big four and deal with all the legacy accountancy dynamic?

Cons

Capco is a fast moving and growing company, which means a few things are self service. But that helps the culture too.

3. "Feels Like Home"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Even before I joined Capco, when I was going through the recruitment process and onboarding process, I have always felt like Capco is a place that cares about their people. I have spent a lot of time at different companies and nothing compares.

I have seen Capco go through significant structural/management changes and they have always made it a priority to keep their fantastic culture and ensure their people are happy.

They enable you to succeed and give you the necessary tools to do so. You will be rewarded for hard work and given the opportunity to succeed. It truly is a place that you get what you put in.

They are very flat. When speaking with the partners, I am treated like a peer. I have built friendships with my coworkers that will last a life time.

They value their clients and sell very interesting work.

Last but not least, the free food and beverages is a plus

Cons

Hard to think of any but the internal technology and platforms could be a bit better. They are making changes though.

And they stopped supplying free Gatorade

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and clients

Provide more transparency into what our parent companies are thinking of and doing with Capco

4. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great access to upper management and high quality engagements in DC

Cons

Limited clients in the DC area

Nov 22, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review, and we're pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

We have significant relationships with key clients in the DC area, and we are further expanding our presence. To... More

5. "Poor in every regard"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+Nice office in downtown NY - Manhattan

I really struggle to find anything good to say.... there is just nothing. I have only been here so long, because i had special circumstances that made it okay.

Cons

-Bad leadership
    -Bad organization and structure
    -Horrible culture
    -Bad projects

Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. There are major systemic problems at this company that cannot and will not be fixed anytime soon. I dont even think they are being considered as problems. Staffing is done without regards to individual skillets and/or progression of the person. Most projects are under horrible circumstances (Traveling fees only partially covered, Client does not want consultants there, Client just rude in general, Incredibly under- or overstaffed, totally wrong skillets on projects, internal power struggles within Capco, No leadership or proper management on project, No kind of "airsupport" when necessary, etc.).

I have seen other consultancies, and this is just a worse case. Especially on the lower grades (AO/CO) the churn is just incredibly high because of the overall bad situation.

Advice to Management

Replace current management with real leadership and create people in charge of aligning partner goals with Company goals. Currently there is no working escalation path, if two partners don't agree.

Dec 4, 2017 – HR

We are disappointed to read your review. We take great care in determining staffing assignments to find the best possible fit for each employee. It is an engaging and interactive process, so we... More

"Forming the Future of Finance"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capco is a great place to work as shown by the ever-growing number of awards received year after year. The culture at Capco is so unique and positive compared to other firms in the industry and that starts at top. From Partner to Associate, your voice is heard and your work is recognized. As an employee I have never felt like just a number, but rather as part of team that is so passionate about what they do. That culture is felt the minute you join the team and has truly made Capco a great place to work.

Cons

Many employees work in remote locations across the country where offices are not present. These employees are at a disadvantage due to not being able to attend classroom-only training offered by Capco. While some training is offered in a virtual classroom, most training is only available in person. This puts those employees at a disadvantage compared to other employees who work in cities with a Capco office available.

Advice to Management

More training, and specifically certifications related to project work and career skill building, need to be available in a virtual setting rather than classroom-based due to the nature of the consulting industry.

Oct 25, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco. In particular, your comment that you felt part of the team as soon as you joined is great to hear. As we... More

7. "Senior Consultant"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, Opportunity, Challenge, Career Development, Project Diversity, Developing Leading Industry FinTech, Internal training/learning hub

Cons

Mismanagement, Siloes, Frequent changes to executive management in last few years

Oct 19, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the career development and learning opportunities at Capco. As a firm, we recognize the importance of offering strong development... More

8. "Long-Time Employee Excited For the Future..."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Capco offers industry leading compensation, benefits and an exciting environment of growth and change. If you're a good performer, you will be staffed on great projects and have the opportunity to advance within the company based on your capabilities. Capco is now and independent firm which will support our competitiveness in the marketplace and place a renewed focus on our core professional services business.

Since I've been at the firm, I have found the performance review process to be fair. It has been a great place for me meet and work with some terrific people.

At Capco, you can truly specialize in whichever competencies you wish.

Cons

Since I have been with the firm, there has been quite a bit of change, but that's part of the game when you join a growing firm. As with all consulting firms, the management structure can be a bit decentralized which may take some adjustment for people who are new to the industry.

Advice to Management

Focus on bringing in the best talent, creating a tight-knit environment and out-classing the competition as we continue to grow.

Sep 13, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review and we're very pleased to hear your passion for Capco after 5+ years with the firm!

It's great to hear that Capco has really benefited your career in terms of development... More

9. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great exposure to various banking clients. I had the opportunities to meet a diversified professions in banking through this wonderful experience. There are a lot exit options for people to go to big four or go back to banking. Partner level people welcome coffee chat and like to mentor junior level consultant like me. HR is highly supportive and fair for international workers (although now they don't sponsor as the international worker number cap is reached). Clients are all large banks. I get to know lot of really smart and positive colleagues and became lifelong friends. Most importantly, it's a fun and engaging culture with a lot of young and passionate individuals. I had a great time with it! Last but not the least, joined as an associate, I left as a senior consultant, my salary doubled. Its benefits are among the top percentile among the peers.

Cons

Client work sometimes is good and sometimes is bad. But if you have a good brand, you will easily get a good project as people just reach out to you. It's never a really big problem to me to get a good project that contain strategy substance or exit a project I don't like.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring international workers if cap issue is resolved. Sell more strategy projects. Retain talent who knows the real staff.

Sep 4, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Capco!

In particular, it's great to hear what a positive experience this was for your career development and the... More

10. "Senior Consultant"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong support and direction from management, challenging work with top tier clients, merit based promotions. Excellent vacation policy and work/life balance and great benefits.

Cons

Growing company, a little top and bottom heavy. Need to hire more more smart, talented mid-level people

Advice to Management

Hire more strong Consultant/Senior Consultants with industry experience

Aug 30, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

As you mention, Capco offers talented individuals the opportunity to work with some top tier clients on... More