Capco Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Quality of work-life balance is great (in 32 reviews)

• Great people throughout the firm with an open and approachable leadership team (in 29 reviews)

Cons

1. "Long-Time Employee Excited For the Future..."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Capco offers industry leading compensation, benefits and an exciting environment of growth and change. If you're a good performer, you will be staffed on great projects and have the opportunity to advance within the company based on your capabilities. Capco is now and independent firm which will support our competitiveness in the marketplace and place a renewed focus on our core professional services business.

Since I've been at the firm, I have found the performance review process to be fair. It has been a great place for me meet and work with some terrific people.

At Capco, you can truly specialize in whichever competencies you wish.

Cons

Since I have been with the firm, there has been quite a bit of change, but that's part of the game when you join a growing firm. As with all consulting firms, the management structure can be a bit decentralized which may take some adjustment for people who are new to the industry.

Advice to Management

Focus on bringing in the best talent, creating a tight-knit environment and out-classing the competition as we continue to grow.

Sep 13, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review and we're very pleased to hear your passion for Capco after 5+ years with the firm!

It's great to hear that Capco has really benefited your career in terms of development... More

2. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great exposure to various banking clients. I had the opportunities to meet a diversified professions in banking through this wonderful experience. There are a lot exit options for people to go to big four or go back to banking. Partner level people welcome coffee chat and like to mentor junior level consultant like me. HR is highly supportive and fair for international workers (although now they don't sponsor as the international worker number cap is reached). Clients are all large banks. I get to know lot of really smart and positive colleagues and became lifelong friends. Most importantly, it's a fun and engaging culture with a lot of young and passionate individuals. I had a great time with it! Last but not the least, joined as an associate, I left as a senior consultant, my salary doubled. Its benefits are among the top percentile among the peers.

Cons

Client work sometimes is good and sometimes is bad. But if you have a good brand, you will easily get a good project as people just reach out to you. It's never a really big problem to me to get a good project that contain strategy substance or exit a project I don't like.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring international workers if cap issue is resolved. Sell more strategy projects. Retain talent who knows the real staff.

Sep 4, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Capco!

In particular, it's great to hear what a positive experience this was for your career development and the... More

3. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong support and direction from management, challenging work with top tier clients, merit based promotions. Excellent vacation policy and work/life balance and great benefits.

Cons

Growing company, a little top and bottom heavy. Need to hire more more smart, talented mid-level people

Advice to Management

Hire more strong Consultant/Senior Consultants with industry experience

Aug 30, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

As you mention, Capco offers talented individuals the opportunity to work with some top tier clients on... More

4. "Capco cares!"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management
    Competitive salary and benefits
    good vacation policy
    be yourself at work culture
    Entrepreneurial spirit
    friendly people
    ability to drive your career

Cons

Some partners and managing principals need to be more compliant of the company culture

Advice to Management

Use top down approach to drive people programs

Aug 22, 2017 – HR

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and we are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

Your review perfectly sums up many of the great things that Capco offers as a firm... More

5. "Impressive firm!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive benefits, great access to upper management, clear advancement opportunities.

Cons

Continue working towards diversifying project opportunities outside of the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs)

Jul 17, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your great review and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed working at Capco for the past 3 years!

Your review sums up many of the fantastic benefits and opportunities Capco... More

6. "Good but always changing"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Compensation
    - Benefits
    - flexibility
    - Nice poeple

Cons

- Little Growth
    - Too Much Change
    - Weak support systems (Finance, HR, Compliance, Legal)
    - Lack of defining culture
    - Work hours
    - Weak Business Model

May 3, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

As you mention, Capco offers market-leading benefits and we undertake regular compensation reviews to ensure that we remain competitive with the... More

"Own Your Career"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Whether you're just starting your career, or transitioning from an industry role, Capco fosters an environment to grow both professionally and personally. Capco puts you in control of your career while supporting your goals and challenging you with a mixture of opportunities. Highly recommend this firm to those that have an entrepreneurial mindset and are motivated to stretch themselves.

Cons

Similar to most consulting firms, your work/life balance will depend on your staffing assignment. Additionally, there have been lots of changes in leadership but Capco's core values/cultural remain intact.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower employees to own their careers while remaining true to the cultural legacy that makes Capco so great.

Feb 7, 2017 – HR

Thank you for letting us know about your positive experiences, it's great to hear that you have found opportunities to grow in many ways. We are always striving to ensure we support our employees, so... More

"Competitive Salary/Poor Upper Management"

Current Employee - Lead Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capco consulting offers competitive salaries and a group of younger consultants who are fun to work with. I like the smaller consulting atmosphere because it allows you to have more visibility with upper level management. The bonus pay for hours billed is fairly lucrative and fair compared to some other consulting firms.

Cons

While the company use to have several different project opportunities, now all of our opportunities have recently been limited to a few clients. This is because some of our partners have a difficult time selling new work at new clients. One of the largest projects on one of our clients staffs a lot of Capco employees, and the management on the project is very hostile. Group think, discrimination, and defensiveness rule the day and strife open communication and insight from the rest of the team members. Due to this, the project turnover rate is very high, but project managers' aloof attitude makes them appear like they do not care to lose people.

Advice to Management

Rate people in the current role in the same manner that people are judged which come in as an experienced hire in the same role. An experienced hire who did a good job for six months shouldn't get promoted over a person who has done an excellent job in the current role for 1-2 years.

Apr 20, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback.

At Capco, our people are our priority and we are disappointed to hear about your experience. We are committed to ensuring that all our people can be themselves at... More

"Great Company to Start At!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Out of college training, multiple social events, one volunteer event per quarter, large opportunities for career growth on projects, skilled managers, decent benefits, overtime bonus per quarter, can get promoted quickly (depending on level)

Cons

Possibility of traveling projects, not a large variety of projects in current market, not many development projects in current market, "home" office in Addison is not a convenient location, CEO and parent company FIS are not very involved

Jul 19, 2016 – Consultant

Thanks for your review, we pride ourselves on our culture and we're pleased to see it in action! Our new operating model is intended to start offering all of our employees even more opportunities and... More

10. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

* Good clients
    * Excellent pay and benefits
    * Working with excellent people
    * Capco supports its employee during the bench time and in between projects
    * New York office is sleek and modern

Cons

* Ratings need to be revamped
    * If you work hard in client site and miss out capco parties, then networking will be a problem to maintain