Capco Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Dec 16, 2020

Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy
Pros
  • "Felxible working hours which helps in work life balance(in 98 reviews)

• "When your co-workers and managers end up becoming friends you can do life with outside of work - you know you're at a company full of great people(in 54 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "big enough to deliver innovative and high quality services, small enough for employees to feel recognized and cared for"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started out at Capco after graduating college, and I couldn't have asked for a better place to start my career. Capco invests a whole lot in their ATP (Associate Talent Program), and I've been so inspired by all of the great talent we see at the junior level consultants. Capco truly embraces the concept of a "flat hierarchy", and empowers their employees to take complete charge of their experience and career at Capco. I love seeing leadership and senior management be so invested in coaching and mentorship. When your co-workers and managers end up becoming friends you can do life with outside of work - you know you're at a company full of great people.

Cons

Your experience at Capco can be and will be heavily influenced by the project you're on. However, you can also make the best of the situation and find ways to grow or stay connected with broader community, especially if you're on client site everyday.

Continue reading

"Push Needed from Good to Great"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There's a lot to like about Capco: - Great people, and extremely talented at lower levels - Quality of the work we deliver is measurably better than others in the same Tier - Flat organization without the weight of unnecessary bureaucracy; ability to reach out to anyone at any time - "Don't need to ask for permission, rarely need to ask for foregiveness" flexibility to build what you want, especially when you're young - Compensation is commensurate with required experience, responsibilities Working at Capco has been great for me and my career; I've grown a lot, I work with people who value and care about me, and I don't

Cons

As Capco has grown, its pants have gotten too tight: - A federated model means informal networks abound; we struggle to leverage our scale and experience correctly. You can't even find an org chart or a single-page identification of our capabilities - Training budgets are next to nothing, and getting approval for external trainings and certifications is near-impossible (despite advertisements to the contrary) - Critical internal operational capabilities (L&D, IT, communications, knowledge / collateral management, dedicated sales support) are either woefully underfunded or missing altogether - Diverse hiring has been great; diverse promotions have not - CEO is MIA in both communication and organizational leadership / change So while my experience has been positive, it's disheartening to see the organization know it can do better but often do little about it. The tools and support I need to take the next step in my career just don't exist.

3. COVID-19

"Collaborative and opportunity to develop"

Current Employee - Managing Principal in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. Great people, really friendly and very collaborative 2. Always opportunity to extend yourself. Sometimes this is uncomfortable but this makes it worthwhile 3. Variety of work across different projects, topics and business development

Cons

Career and leadership development is very much dependent upon individual responsibility and coaches, and less on overall company structure. Although I do see improvements here.

4. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people and environment. Everyone wants to push each other to succeed

Cons

No real negatives. Everything you want out of a smaller consulting firm

5. "Great talent, clear commitment for excellence"

Current Employee - Managing Principal

I have been working at Capco full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are a lot of great people here committed to excellence and who have a strong brand promise. The tenure of the employees creates a strong camaraderie. Management seems to have a clear direction and a strong sense of integrity and balance. There is a good culture of coaching and mentoring up and down the command-line.

Cons

Lack of clarity on specifically how to plug in - who to plug in with and what tools are valid. There's a lot to choose from and a lot of historical information.

Continue reading

"Good company to work for, but changed over the years."

Former Employee - Managing Principal in New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Capco is a very dynamic company with lots of opportunities to advance. The work atmosphere is very informal. There are many great people to work with. The work is challenging and rewarding.

Cons

After its very charismatic founder left, the company culture changed somewhat. What used to be a real meritocracy became at times driven by egos and personal interests of people in leadership. This was a result of an influx of senior leaders, who did not come through the consulting ranks, but rather from industry. In addition, the company went through various acquisitions in a very short time, which had an impact on the company culture.

Capco Response

November 25, 2019HR

Thanks for your feedback. We understand that change can be difficult to embrace. As the firm has grown, Capco's culture continues to be a high priority for the leadership team, and everyone in the firm. Capco has always had and continues to have, a unique, BeYourselfAtWork culture that is one of our key differentiators. Time and again people tell us that our culture is the single most important factor in their decision to build a career at Capco. To your point on meritocracy, it is difficult to respond fully based on your brief statements alone, however, Capco operates as a meritocracy with a robust performance management process. The process is designed to encourage a fair and unbiased assessment of performance and we would encourage any employee who has concerns in this regard to speak with a member of their local HR team or to reach out to our Global HR Lead.

7. "First Year"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Opportunities, Great People, Great Clients

Cons

There are no serious cons

8. "Solid place to work"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Great people and an easy going work environment.

Cons

If they can staff you on a project they will, there is little to no concern about the employee's interest, goals, or skills. Project leadership needs improvement.

Capco Response

February 11, 2019HR

We’re pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Capco, including alongside your colleagues. We are concerned by your comments around the staffing of projects as we always try to align people to roles based on their skill set, experience and career aspirations. While this is not possible every time based on business needs and client demand, if any employee would like to discuss a project/role move they are encouraged to speak with their local Resourcing team, project manager or a member of the leadership team and we will always try to make this happen.

9. "Associate"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

strong pay; good benefits; great people

Cons

lots of turnover, constantly changing ownership

"Consultant"

2.0

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

- Ability to be promoted based on good work and relationship with managers - Fun corporate sponsored events - Immersive two week Associate Talent Program - gain insight into the company, meet a lot of colleagues - Great people - Good work/life balance and compensation - Ability to learn great project management, presentation development, stakeholder management and analytical skills

Cons

- Your experience at Capco depends upon which projects you get and your manager- luck of the draw - Most work is straight execution/implementation work, less strategic than advertised - Not enough female executives at the top - Even with the large growth, still have some growing pains as a young company - Revolving door

Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 English Reviews