Capelli NY Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
George Altirs

"Great place to start out of college and grow"

I have been working at Capelli NY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- recognize hard work
    - promote from within
    - great exposure to product design process early on
    - working on treating employees better with little things here and there
    - if you prove yourself you can move up the ladder very quickly - must be willing to work hard

Cons

- strict rules (for a reason), lazy people take advantage
    - not your modern day company with happy hours and free things everyday and days off. It is run very traditionally
    - the actual office is very dirty and messy
    - strict hours. must clock in at 9 and clock out at night even if you are on a salary

Advice to Management

Don't treat the people who work hard the same was as the people who don't work hard. Recognize where credit should be given. Just because an employee has been there 10 years doesn't mean they are doing much for you. Focus on how companies are changing with the times and try to change to accommodate employees needs. Give more holiday's off (especially time at Christmas)

2. "Vast growth opportunity and invaluable exposure with recognition for hard working employees."

I have been working at Capelli NY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capelli provides an opportunity to be exposed to many aspects of the industry early on. I was told in my interview that if I wanted it, the sky was the limit and that has only proven to be true. They trust their employees and want you to succeed. This is demonstrated through their desire to promote within and give and even create new opportunities for their employees to succeed and grow.

Cons

There are strict rules at Capelli that have however proven to be successful. Capelli is a well oiled machine and each of its policies has a reason for being in place. Like many companies in this industry, it is hard work and the hours can be challenging at times but there are often rewards to how hard employees are working.

Advice to Management

Suggesting to be more flexible on the hours, especially in the slower summer months. If employees are working late and through lunch, there shouldn't be as much pressure to clock in by 9AM and it should be acceptable to leave earlier than 6PM if your work is done.

"Hell"

Current Employee - Production Assistant in East Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at Capelli NY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A huge workload that will look good on your resume when they throw you out on the street for asking for what you should already be getting paid for the work you do

Cons

Cold work environment, pay is terrible ( equivalent to a cashier's paycheck), no raises unless you are favored by management, no communication with manager, employees are not valued, zero potential for growth unless you are a man or of their race. They target recent grads because they know they can pay them pennies and it is difficult to find a job in the industry. Please keep looking these people will train you to do work that you should be getting paid triple for.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like humans... Because of our hard work you are rich... Also it is so obvious that every positive review on here comes from executives from this company because every employee I have ever met here is miserable regardless of their department.

"BEWARE"

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Moonachie, NJ
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Moonachie, NJ

I have been working at Capelli NY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Summer Friday's (if you are even permitted to leave)

Cons

Where should I start! From day 1 I was spoken to like a dog, not like a human. Women are NOT respected, men are the alphas (and probably make 10x your salary). Your day is supposed to start at 9, but you are expected to get there at 8 or 8:30, not take lunch and work until 7 or 8 at night (my manager didn't leave till past 8 sometimes). Extremely miserable atmosphere, if the windows opened I'm sure employees would have jumped out. Very outdated, VERY dirty and dusty, everyone in my department was constantly sick and I was convinced it was because the air was contaminated. People came to work in their sweatpants, pajamas and flip flops - nobody cared about their appearance. Some employees think they are big shots and holier than thou, so they treat everyone else like they are idiots. You are constantly anxious about what kind of issues could arise because NOTHING goes right ever, complete disorganization and you are never told the right thing to do (probably so your superiors can yell at you and feel important). In my first month I watched 4 employees either get fired or quit, that should've been my hint to get out sooner rather than later. Promotions are few and far between, so don't think about starting your career here.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring your 'family' members, teach the Sales department in NY how to PROPERLY treat others, hire a Product Development department that actually knows what they are doing.

"Horrible place to work for"

Current Employee - Office in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office in New York, NY

I have been working at Capelli NY full-time

Pros

Pros??? Wow I can't think of one at all. I mean they finally got dental lol! The management is very bad and I don't even know the meaning of management... They have long hours and only one hour lunch and they make you punch in and out!! There is no room for growth and if your not of there kind or family they don't care about you...

Cons

Bad management and benefits... I worked in so many other company's and this is the worst out off all of them... I rather go back to my old job... Atleast the other company have decent management and the vibe is more comfortable..

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage the people!! The owner of the company needs to trust the employees and managers that you hire!!

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I have been a part of the Capelli team for almost 10 months and see it as a exciting place to be. I enjoy the challenge of being busy and having the opportunity to be a part of continuing to build on what has already been started. The CEO is very present and takes the time to meet with potential employees regardless of the level because it matters who joins the organization. For a new employee that means a lot and starts you off knowing there can be opportunity for you at this organization.

Cons

As with any fast paced, busy growing organization we have to make sure we slow down at times to get it right.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting from within and building your bench strength and there will be continued success.

"Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Capelli NY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment
    Great Opportunities to grow especially in Sales
    CEO is an outstanding Leader that operates with complete transparency
    Lots of changes have been happening for the past year or so and the company is getting better

Cons

Some Sales executives work on very tight deadlines which lead to a couple of stressful days every month.
    Employees have to clock in and clock out and lateness (even if few minutes late) is frowned upon.

Advice to Management

Attendance should be a little more relaxed
    Bring back some of the perks that we had

"Designer"

Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Capelli NY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are none. This company is awful and greedy to work for.

Cons

Verbally abusive managers, below industry salaries, no bonuses, and forced long hours with no overtime. Upper management takes all the credit for good work and throws people under a bridge as a scapegoat.

Advice to Management

CEO is greedy and underpays females!

10. "Operations"

I have been working at Capelli NY full-time

Pros

Great company to come to first job out of college! They really care and work with you on your career growth and development.

Cons

Strict top-down structure which can be a pro to some and a con to others.

11. "Graphic Artist"

I have been working at Capelli NY full-time

Pros

Great people, you manage your own time and work, company has been making an effort to treat employees better, fairly busy all day

Cons

You feel like a number or just another cog in the wheel, poor relationships with other departments, little potential for growth