Capezio Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Paul Terlizzi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wonderful environment to work in"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service in Totowa, NJ
    Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service in Totowa, NJ

I worked at Capezio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to grow and advance within the company

Cons

Some of the employees do not work as a team

2. "Sales Associate"

I have been working at Capezio part-time

Pros

If you are a dancer you have a great discount on supply that you need for your career

Cons

I find it hard to consult with management in getting more hours for work. If i work on part time standards i should be making part time hours but at the moment i am making half of the hours required for part time.

Advice to Management

Try to accomodate your employees and take care of the people you have before you look into hiring more people and base your decisions on to higher on who you feel is best qualified for the job not who is most popular or someones friend

3. "Good job, iffy management"

I have been working at Capezio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is easy and the customers are okay.

Cons

The corporate does not care about the west side of the countries stores at all. They don't realize or don't care that people in New York have COMPLETELY different senses of styles and demands than the west side of the country (such as Las Vegas or Sacramento). They ignore our suggestions and never cared about renovating the store or listening to our opinions. They also never made a comment center available to all sales associates and made it so every idea was shut down. They put too much work on the store managers and DONT PAY THEM ENOUGH! they took away our Christmas gifts that we got for YEARS, and then don't give us yearly bonuses after we work our butts off to get the year bonus after meeting our sales quota. and then when we ask for raises they say," Well you get bonuses," which is like $100 on a good month which doesn't do crap. Then they RAISE our sales quota for the next year and tell us to work harder after taking away our money?? yeah no way Jose

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to seriously work on listening to EVERYONE on every level and give opportunities for anonymous feedback and opportunities for RAISES. 2,3,4,5 years of working here and no raises?

4. "Sales Rep Review"

I worked at Capezio full-time

Pros

Enjoyed the people I worked with and had a great customer base. The customer service staff that supported sales was very knowledgeable and reliable.

Cons

If the company hit it sales goals the 3rd weeks of the month, they'd quit shipping to move sales into the next month. This directly affected your sales goal and take home pay as a rep. A blind eye was turned to reps that participated in questionable business practices as long as their sales remained strong.

Advice to Management

Solid, moral direction & enforcement from management would help ensure long lasting customer relationships and keeping dedicated reps.

5. "Eh. First job in NYC."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Capezio part-time

Pros

I really started to enjoy most of the people that I was working with. It was a very easy first job in Manhattan. I was able to incorporate so many of my personal qualities into it. SO much freedom- too much for some.

Cons

The work enviornment itself was not motivating. Fortunately for myself, i am a self motivator- so networking was always something I looked forward to, as well as consumer satisfaction. There is also this weird tier of other employees always trying to tell eachother what to do; very frustrating enviornment to be in.

Advice to Management

My biggest peice of advice, is to hire employees that will best represent your company and keep your name on the uprise. No one is a fan of mediocrity. And be an advocate for the employees minding their own buisness, and focusing on doing their personal best; not what everyone else is doing.

"No easy to move up and grow with the company"

Pros

Good discount that is good across all the stores. Hours to work are reasonable. Benefits that are offered are pretty good.

Cons

No room to grow, no incentive for employees when it comes to getting promotions or raises. no support to employees from upper management

"Corporate Employee"

I worked at Capezio full-time

Pros

Working with talented and smart people who were seemingly more passionate about the brand then the actual CEOs.

Cons

Really discombobulated...I understand being a family business but just because you have board members who were related to the founder, doesn't mean they have a clue about the industry or the consumers.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter, they won't care what we have to say.

8. "Overall not a good workplace"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Capezio part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not pleasant, but easy seasonal job.

Cons

They will schedule you outside of your availability, no matter how many times you tell them what your hours are. Rarely got in new shipment or replenished sizes. Co workers were not friendly or welcoming. The building had poor upkeep and was not a clean working environment. The register is very outdated and difficult to use.

"The worst "professional" endeavor I've ever experienced."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ

I worked at Capezio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and very cheap cafeteria food.

Cons

The other reviews could not be more accurate. This is a poor excuse for a company and the work environment is very unprofessional. Upper management is absolutely entitled and have no idea how to effectively communicate and run a company or treat employees. This is a family business that was passed down and the senior family members have done little to enhance the livelihood of their employees, culture, and company reputation. Senior management has absolutely no consideration for their employees - they lay people off whenever they feel necessary without a substantial explanation, ignore harassment claims, and there is VERY little room for career growth. They hire managers in their corporate office without college degrees. They keep these amateurs and get rid off those employees who have great ideas and strong work ethics, are educated and are dedicated. It makes no sense! For a prestigious brand, they are a disgrace. I've worked at four companies prior, and never experienced such ridiculous situations. All managers are very disorganized, there is lack of communication, there are no formal processes and no training for any systems or onboarding. I actually accepted my job offer without a formal offer letter. Never received that documentation... I'm relieved to no longer be associated with this 'company'.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to spend more time developing new processes, creating corporate culture, and communicating with managers and other employees.

"For an Iconic Brand, the 5th Generation of Family Ownership and Management is running the company into the ground..."

Pros

None other than a once Iconic Brand and Leader in their Industry

Cons

5th Gen Owners who have been handed an Iconic Company, yet have NO IDEA how to actually run, and maintain their once held number one position in their respective market.

Ownership and Professional Management or a SERIOUS lack there of.

I believe they call this "Entitlement" ...

Advice to Management

Hire and RETAIN your TRUE Professionals as opposed to hiring and keeping Amatuers, as it is much less costly and much more effective to do so.