Capgemini Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with Capgemini for almost 20 years. The culture is incredibly collaborative and entrepreneurial and you truly have the opportunity to grow your career here. There is a focused effort on growing our diverse workforce through recruiting, training and promotion. Capgemini has been recognized by Ethisphere as one of the most ethical companies globally for 7 consecutive years. It's a very good people... culture that continues to get better year over year.

Cons

It can be challenging for new hires coming in who have not worked in a large consulting environment. Like anywhere, it is important to spend your first year networking and building your brand as you navigate within such a large organization.

Capgemini2019-08-20

Capgemini Response

August 28, 2019Senior Consultant

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate having you here with us at Capegemini and for your contributions for almost 20 years. We value the fact that we are a people business – our teams experience a culture here of mentoring and coaching because we believe everyone has something ...

2. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with Capgemini for 10+ years and I still look forward to going to work each day. We have an amazing team of consultants and leaders doing innovative work with clients across all industry segments. The firm is very supportive of you taking on new roles and growing your career. Capgemini is a big supporter of CSR and encourages employees to be active in the initiatives of Diversity, the Environment and... Digital Inclusion

Cons

looks to move as much work as it can to off shore delivery centers

Advice to Management

Keep investing in innovation and the growth of the business

Capgemini2019-09-18
  3. "The Best"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am approaching 1 year with Capgemini, have worked in several different companies, and believe that I saved the best for last. • All companies seek to attract women. When I interviewed, I was impressed to learn that Cap was actually externally audited, via the EDGE certification, for its ability to create an environment in which women can thrive- and it shows. As a woman, I do feel that I am in a place that... truly values diversity and knows how to maintain it. • The company minimizes bureaucracy, which is empowering- I know what I need to get done and Cap trusts me to do that. I’ve been in enough large companies to know what a gift this is. • One of the core values is Fun (that’s a first for me) and this, along with the above, create an environment that is energizing.

Cons

The structure is heavily matrixed and it works fine, but took me a little time to adapt.

Capgemini2019-09-17
  4. "Cares day"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun challenging engaging I like working here

Cons

Too much work not enough time

Advice to Management

No advice at this time

Capgemini2019-09-16
  5. "Global Talent, Localized People Communities"

Current Employee - People Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Access to innovators from all over the globe, working is one team -- very smart people and very collaborative. Everyone makes the time to coach. Very cool transformation and innovation work for big global brands.

Cons

No significant cons in my employment experience so far!

Advice to Management

Leadership committed to a continuous state of learning and a people listening culture. Want to see that expand as a priority for EVERYONE in people management.

Capgemini2019-09-13
  6. "Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the culture here, free snacks and drinks, ability to get free certifications.

Cons

Parking lot is terrible and floods sometimes

Capgemini2019-09-12
  7. "People Focused Company"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Lot of opportunities in various areas both from Domain and Technology perspective - Leadership focus/ Interactions - Good communication to keep everyone informed on what's going on around the group - Collaborative Learning and Development Opportunities - Career advancement/path is well established

Cons

- You need good people connect/networking to get proper exposure - Appraisal Process is as old as it gets, based on Bell Curve and given Consulting nature of work it's difficult to compare peers working at different clients/different technologies and eventually process doesn't seem fair for everyone

Advice to Management

- Introduce a better appraisal process

Capgemini2019-09-11
  8. "Fantastic Onboarding Experience"

Current Employee - Tech Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

Energetic and insightful supervisors Surface and Deep level diversity of coordinators/supervisors Variety of team building/bonding activities Insightful training modules Fantastic amenities, kept us comfortable Overall, it cemented my excitement to start working at Capgemini!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

There's really not much I would change. I do think that some things could have been shortened-- maybe to make this onboarding training a week and a half instead of two weeks, but overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my onboarding experience.

Capgemini2019-09-09
  9. "Why Capgemini"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stability Professional and Personal Growth Great work life balance Very active and committed Corporate Social Responsibility team

Cons

problem solving attitude makes it easy for all

Advice to Management

Should work as one unique team across all BUs to tap the potential of best resources

Capgemini2019-09-04

"Love your career!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance. Will pay for designations in insurance or developing. Friendly office. Very supportive and helpful management.

Cons

Salary could be considered less than your peers at other consulting firms, but after two years of completing training you automatically get a promotion.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive!

Capgemini2019-08-29