Capgemini Reviews | Glassdoor

1,392 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Excellent work culture"

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience at Capgemini.
    - Pay is at par with the current market standards.
    - Good work life balance with work from home option (in my project).
    - Nice projects and approachable HR.

Cons

- Too many employees at the same designation creates intense competition

Advice to Management

Hire less but quality people.

Capgemini Response

Jan 18, 2017 – Social Recruiting Consultant

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback on our work culture and are committed to creating an environment to provide work/life balance to all employees. We hear you on your other points... More

2. "Good company in a challenging global environment"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Detroit, MI

Pros

Global opportunites are widespread in several divisions

Cons

It is challenging to take one day off

Advice to Management

There needs to be more support in dealing with customer's demands for the work that is performed under base contract, when indeed a change order should be made, which would also help increase revenue.

3. "Great People, Compensation; VP Support is Key"

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

Pros

The people are outstanding and the work is ever changing, challenging and interesting. The overall compensation is also very good to excellent. My Vice President is second to none in terms of abilities.

Cons

Not much other than the hours can be long and travel can sometimes be hectic. Also, it's imperative that you have a Vice President that understand the business and is competent. Without it, you're in big trouble.

Advice to Management

Sell more and more projects that are customer facing, IT can be very dry and the people at Cap have a diverse array of talents and want sexier projects.

"CAP is the Place you want to be Working!!"

Current Employee - Senior SAP Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior SAP Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Cap is one of the Best Consulting Companies to work with. Its employee culture is really good. There is potential growth for freshers. There is transparency to the higher management. Besides,Cap encourages transitioning from one background to another, one country to another. Training programs are good too. I love Cap!

Cons

Hmm...well..i am comparetively new to the company.I think,the only downside is ,Cap doesn't market its brand as aggressively as the rest of the companies like Accenture ,Deloitte or IBM do.

Advice to Management

Please market our brand more aggressively,so that we feel proud to Show off our CAP ID's in public places!

5. "Great for the resume!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Th experience is second to none. In just under two years I have built a resume that is very impressive. In addition, as I have started looking for a new position elsewhere, I actually get calls back from very large and respected companies. Do it for the experience if for nothing else. And if you love to travel, then this is also the best way to go.

Cons

If you have a family, like I do, the travel is a bit much. Travel is 100% for the most part, but in my experience, if you prove your value then there is room to maneuver in terms of flexibility in terms of a travel schedule that works for you. However, if you are in Chicago and the client is in New Jersey well then you are out of luck. Just no way around it if you want to stay on the project.

Advice to Management

Get over the titles. So you are a Sr. Manager, big freakin' deal! By letting titles get in the way you stop yourself from exchanging and interacting with those who actually have some great ideas are are talented. The only difference that separates you from me is the fact that you sold alot of work. Get over yourself.

6. "Enjoyed my time at Capgemini"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Enjoyed working with really nice people. Had great success in the insurance vertical. great list of fortune 500 clients. Really liked office and ability to have freedom to act.

Cons

Travel requirements can be hard. 4 to 5 days in a 7 day week out of town is very difficult. being on site at client can be hard. I did not like the restriction on blackberries for people under senior manager. The blackberry tool seems to be helpful for everyone else, why not enable your consultants and managers to be reachable while on the go. Everyone seems to be on the go anyway.

Advice to Management

Enable some sort of employee stock compensation plan or stock purchase plan to positively impact morale and retention.

7. "Part of a firm with true global delivery capability; excellent training and invaluable experience."

Current Employee - Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Cons

Like with any large firm there is bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

Cut the red tape, in-source HR, encourage training from within.

"Consulting firm with quality teams and projects"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Capgemini projects provide career growth and challenge for their Consultants. All Consultant travel contained to the business unit you are hired into which helps maintain the work/life balance we all strive for. Good project teams allow Consultants to learn from one another and feed off each other's energy and knowledge. Capgemini is a large global organization that still has the feel of a smaller consulting firm, which is refreshing to most Consultants. You still have direct access and contact with Vice President level management to express any concerns or interests.

Cons

Could do a better job of recognizing employees with raises and promotions.

Advice to Management

The company has stayed in the upside during difficult times but you have to recognize the employees responsible for the companies success.

9. "Capgemini: global leader in consulting and employee advancement"

Current Employee - Consulting Manager
    Current Employee - Consulting Manager

Pros

CAPGEMINI is a great example of “a caring and cozy place" to work while it has “the presence and the drive” of a major global player!
    This is a wonderful combination of balance and accumulated business wisdom!

Company has huge numbers of hires from College campuses every year (such as Cornell, Georgia Tech, NYU, Harvard etc) and supports organic growth.

Plus it maintains over 30 BUSINESS UNITS and that allows employees to seek inter-company transfers.

Also, Capgemini has global presence and offices. This fact encourages Capgemini employees to “move and work” internationally while they experience firsthand the benefits of diversity and culture.

Capgemini management is very approachable and they all strive to strike a balance between “work and family” for all employees.

Cons

I believe that some of the acquisitions have not adopted the mild and collaborative spirit of Capgemini. Capgemini acquires a company or two every year worldwide. However, some of them are hard to assimilate due to their own way of doing business before.
    "Small company" mentality,
    "Start-up "mentality,
    "Body shop" mentality,
    has proven to be challenging “to work with” the openness, team-player and supportive mentality that our Company has demonstrated for year as E&Y and then as Capgemini in North America.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the dynamics between the new people coming from the new companies we buy and how they integrate with the "legacy" Capgemini way of working!

"Great place to work and growing too"

Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Gerat place to work
    Hired experience senior management
    Values Thought Leadership and Innovation
    Salary at or above median

Cons

If you don't lile to travel don't apply
    no US regular ESOP

Advice to Management

Keep up good work
    Continue selectivity in market