Capgemini Reviews | Glassdoor

7,098 reviews

Full-time Part-time

7,098 Employee Reviews

Cons

1. "Programmer\Developer Lead Consultant"

Current Employee - Programmer\Developer Lead Consultant in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Programmer\Developer Lead Consultant in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work
    Work Life Balance is good

Cons

Culture & Policies should be a little more Client Oriented

Advice to Management

Should encourage resources more to look into multiple/aspiring domains/technologies

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

market-competitive salary, great benefits, professional people it every team

Cons

going downhill with everything going to offshore, tools globalization damages client interactions and damages reputation.

3. "JAVA CONSULTANT"

Current Employee - Lead Java Developer in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Lead Java Developer in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Capgemini (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment & work life balance can be achieved well!

Cons

offer releasing process needs to strengthen up a bit

5. "Training Program is World-Class"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Great company culture—large emphasis on people
    • Training program is incredible—team specific, but I had an 8-week training program. We spent 2 weeks in Atlanta, 3 weeks in India, 1 week shadowing a project, and 2 weeks in Chicago. We got a great company overview, started building my network from day one, worked with some amazing colleagues from India, and was ready to dive in to a project and client work immediately after training was completed.
    • Very entrepreneurial company—depending on what you want to learn, there are plentiful opportunities for both growth and change. There is a rotational program that you can apply to work in a different team that you are interested in.
    • Tons of travel opportunities for most client-facing roles

Cons

• Limited international opportunities for recent college graduates

Advice to Management

Continue to empower younger generations to retain our entrepreneurial spirit

6. "Sandip"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Flanders, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Flanders, NJ

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good environment,Management,Professional for each field

Cons

Small projects,Location change on onsite

7. "First Employer-Don't want to leave"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Support from leadership, Competitive salary

Cons

Occasional long hours, has a tendency to fill roles with bodies rather than skillsets, which leaves some individuals underutilized and undervalued.

8. "CAP"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big organization, plenty of opportunities for growth

Cons

too much travel; work-life balance lacking

9. "Good company that needs to think a little more about their employees"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to start a career - they will teach you the nuts and bolts of consulting and you will work with some very talented people. It's easy to find mentors here and move up in your career quickly if you are smart and motivated. Many good projects, a few terrible ones. Opportunities to do job rotations, move internal, etc.

Cons

Salary and hiring structure make no sense to me. Each service line sets their own pay structure so compensation is not even close to uniform across the company. People who consistently get low performance ratings are not dealt with, and other high performing employees get laid off for being on the bench for a week or two.

Advice to Management

Try to make things fairer for your employees. Highly rated and performing employees should see some benefits as a result (and not just in lip service). Otherwise, they leave for jobs that will pay the market rate.

10. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, office environment, and happy hours. Company is growing fast.

Cons

Very political. Low salary adjustments during promotions. Can't hold on to talent.

Advice to Management

There's too much talk about how well the company is doing, but only selective people actually benefits from it.

"Great Campus Hire Experience"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The campus recruiting process was very informative, well structured, and gave opportunities to network before even joining the company. My experience included meeting with the company at my school's career fair, applying through campus careers and Capgemini's website, an on-campus interview, and then three rounds of interviews at the Capgemini office. I was also assigned a buddy throughout the recruiting process. I was able to connect with him, ask more candid questions, and he helped me network with other associates who had common interests with me before even joining the company. I had continuous support and contact with my recruiter. The structure of the campus hire process was very organized but I felt like I was able to connect personally with each associate I met. This gave me a great feel for Capgemini culture before joining. Salary is very competitive with other campus hire companies. I started my campus recruiting process with the career fair in late September and signed with Capgemini the last week of October.

- Capgemini invests in a very developmental onboarding and training process that prepares you for project life. The first two weeks of training included corporate onboarding and client training. The team I joined extended training to a total of 8 weeks including business analyst training, three weeks of technical training in Mumbai, India, a week of an "externship" shadowing a current project, service line specific methodology training, and a cumulative case study week. Training is completed with your start class which makes it a very social and fun process. The training allows you to network and develop skills that will directly benefit you on the project site. During this process you are also assigned a coach who helps guide you through the training, set goals to maximize the benefit of training, gives and receives feedback, and who is there to answer questions in preparation for projects.

- The transition from training to project work was very smooth and I felt prepared to actively add value to my project. Project leadership was very helpful with knowledge transfer and expectation setting. The 8 weeks of training definitely helped me to excel during my first few weeks on the project.

Cons

- Training can be competitive. The start class was very talented and there was a tendency to compete with each other rather than collaborate to complete training. This was a challenging environment but helped push me to perform. The social aspect of training and start classes was very helpful and made me feel instantly connected at Capgemini.

- First projects are often assigned based on business need. Each employee works with a deployment manager to find best fit projects based on interest, skills, and business needs - the more you network, connect with your deployment manager, and develop skills needed to fit project needs the easier it is to choose projects of interest.

Showing 7,098 of 7,227 reviews