Capgemini Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I didn't find anything to mention here

Cons

good environment to work here

Advice to Management

nothing

2. "Capgemini"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Capgemini full-time

Pros

Capgemini is a global technology consulting company. Overall you will be able to start your career and develop many consulting skills.

Cons

Depending on the division you are in Capgemini you can have a better experience. I was part of one of the many adquisition but unfortunately I believe this adquisition was mismanaged. The studio was never able to make a good transition into the Capgemini corporate culture. The managers of the studio where way over their head and only paid attention to their own growth. Many of the resources that where part of the adquisition left the company and the studio never grew. Many of the projects where miss managed and estimated incorrectly that turned into working long hours for extended period of times. Bottom line Capgemini is been compaseted for all extra hours you work and you will never receive compensation. The time you inver will never get it back.

Advice to Management

Management should invest more on their people and allow them to grow in the company.

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in North Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the freedom to choose the career path and Projects you want to work on. You have process in place for pretty much every request and lot of self learning opportunities.

Cons

It's hard to get attention form people, when you are looking forward to plan your career.

Advice to Management

You need to pay little more attention to the people in your team who wants to contribute more and grow. That helps you and the Organization too.

4. "Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are nice. That is the only pro.

Cons

The benefits are bad. They have less days than the standard holiday schedule. They only have 10 vacation days...forever. You can never earn more. You cannot get the supplies you need to do your job. They do not give you monitors for your laptop. They will not provide you with a mouse. They micro manage everything you do and treat you like children. EAs are not allowed to work from home....ever. They have NO perks! They do nothing extra or special for their employees. They even made the employees chip in money to buy a toaster for the office!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like adults. Stop being so ridiculously cheap and add some perks to your benefits.

5. "Good, professional company"

Current Employee - Senior Client Partner in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Client Partner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work culture, though it depends on which account you work with. Overall, great people who wants to make difference.

Cons

Internal processes could be pain. Ready to have patience... It would sort out but will take time and could be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Make internal processes easy and specially people who owns shares services accountable. Most of the time we see people with I don't care attitude in internal services.

6. "Technical Specialist and Systems Support"

Former Employee - Technical Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Remote production support and on-station.

Cons

This organization is project driven and may not recruit based on your current job qualifications.

Advice to Management

Provide more technology training to enhance contractors ability to properly support applications or systems.

7. "The Sales Company that thinks it is a consulting firm"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have meet and worked with some truly great people. I've also had the levity to create my own kind of career. Although, I have no hope of moving up since I don't want to convert my technical skills to sales skills, it has been a good overall experience.

Cons

Sales, sales, sales. That is the only thing leadership seems to care about. After you meet people that are Sr Manager and above you see that they promote people that can sell work. Up management is full of plastic smiles and resources with low to no skill set in the area they attempt to sell.

Advice to Management

The tail of the sale is much more valuable and a lot more cost effective to retain current business. Needs to focus on people development and partnering with clients.

"Capgemini review"

Former Employee - Service Delivr Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Service Delivr Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, limited travel, great employees

Cons

Upper mgmt. direction to move to an offshore model, resulting in issues for onshore resources - layoffs, extreme frustration with offshore lack of accountability and proactiveness, additional workload

Advice to Management

Back off of the 90/10 offshore model

9. "Bad Management No Respect for Employees"

Former Employee - Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A company is as good as the leadership.I spent almost five years there .a good place to have a "stable NO growth place"

Cons

The management is very inconsiderate of the employees.they have no regard for the hard work they put in.There is a lot of nepotism and favourism running in the company with people sitting as mangers at the on-site with bloated egos and zero professionalism .

Advice to Management

Work on the people who are at decision making positions and be honest to your employees. Don't treat them like client billing resources and appreciate the effort they put in or else you would b losing​more on good people in the company.

10. "Roulette Depending on What Project You Land On"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Capgemini (More than a year)

Pros

Paid Training for five weeks in India among other cities. Excellent 401k offerings with low cost mutual and index funds. A mixture of customers across different industries, on some really high visibility projects. Colleagues who's spent years honing their specialist skill sets. You can really get a lot of experience in IT consulting. The firm has also spent a lot of time deepening its expertise in certain industries, in LA they've collaborated with film studios to build really niche royalty management software.

Cons

Senior management doesn't hesitate to reference the "sink or swim" model when they hire. There's a high amount of churn at the lower and mid levels of the company. But little interest in making meaningful changes to address the causes. The accepted norm is that it is a tough environment, and high turnover is expected and planned for.

If you are new you really have to hope and pray that you end up with a good team on decent project to get yourself propelled in the right direction.

Showing 7,948 of 8,112 reviews