Capgemini Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Salary compared to other companies
    *You don't have to be in office if when you are on bench

Cons

*There is a serious communication issue
    *Staffing Partners are hard to reach- Takes days to respond to a skype message
    *No consideration of what your core skillsets are
    *You have to be ready to conform to Indian work culture (including office politics)
    *People in general lack skills to be in certain positions

Advice to Management

*Care about employees as much as you would about billing clients
    *Even if it costs a decent amount to change culture and infrastructure, better do that to retain employees
    *Managers should communicate with their employees, not hide behind lies and false promises
    *I am writing an honest review for the company's sake- please read and consider suggestions listed above

"Warning to all new grads"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None - if Capgemini is your only offer coming out of school, keep looking. Don't settle.

Cons

-Firm doesn't care about its employees
    -Work is redundant; mind numbing
    -Not consulting work
    -Pay is way below market average
    -Absolutely NO culture

Advice to Management

Put your employees first.

3. "Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are nice. That is the only pro.

Cons

The benefits are bad. They have less days than the standard holiday schedule. They only have 10 vacation days...forever. You can never earn more. You cannot get the supplies you need to do your job. They do not give you monitors for your laptop. They will not provide you with a mouse. They micro manage everything you do and treat you like children. EAs are not allowed to work from home....ever. They have NO perks! They do nothing extra or special for their employees. They even made the employees chip in money to buy a toaster for the office!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like adults. Stop being so ridiculously cheap and add some perks to your benefits.

4. "Bad Management No Respect for Employees"

Former Employee - Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A company is as good as the leadership.I spent almost five years there .a good place to have a "stable NO growth place"

Cons

The management is very inconsiderate of the employees.they have no regard for the hard work they put in.There is a lot of nepotism and favourism running in the company with people sitting as mangers at the on-site with bloated egos and zero professionalism .

Advice to Management

Work on the people who are at decision making positions and be honest to your employees. Don't treat them like client billing resources and appreciate the effort they put in or else you would b losing​more on good people in the company.

"Dog eat Dog"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good, fast paced learning environment

Cons

Dishonest recruiting and management. They brought some of us on board as Managers and others as Senior Consultants, but we all had the same range of experience. Make your best deal going it as they will try and nickel and dime you. Get the bonus rate in writing as well as the vacation policy. Training is hard to come by and the travel policy is tied to the engagement. I sell services I know little about because the company won't invest in orientation.

Advice to Management

No advice. That's what you deserve.

Capgemini Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Social Recruiting Consultant

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your negative work experience with us. Matching talent with the right opportunity in a fair manner is something of priority for us, and you have... More

"No sense of direction or guidance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

*Employer name looks good on resume.
    *Friendly people, most of who are hardworking.

Cons

*A real lack of leadership and visibility.
    *No appropriate mentor or opportunity to come together as a whole with the team to learn and share. Despite having people managers, everyone is out to better their situation and will often forget to support the team.
    *There is no sense of direction or guidance on what is success or drives it.
    *Limited opportunities for growth and engagement, very much one-dimensional and morale is low for many.
    *Low salaries and a real disparity among existing and new employees: poor employee-to-role matching.
    *Minimal communication and explanation, an overwhelming sense of alienation and secrecy due to who management deems are the ‘haves’ and ‘have-nots.’ They tout that while they may not have fair wages, you will learn and grow. This is not true, only a select few get attention. Nepotism is rampant.
    *Face time is oddly important, for some.
    *Many are disadvantaged early in career.

Advice to Management

Since you don't listen - turnover, you have all been with the company TOO long. We are tired of your stale, antiquated sense of direction and practices.

"Worst company ever worked...Frequent lay off...Use and throw employees"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I spend almost 4.5 years in Capgemini. But did not see any Pros. I stayed for so long due to personal reasons.

Cons

Worst company ever worked...
    1) Frequent lay off...After every project or twice a year.
    2) Should be last option for people on work permit visa (H1B), because of frequent lay off...this will impact visa status.
    3) No career growth. Rare training opportunity...Can't change department even though projects are not available.
    4) Force employees to travel every week at client location.
    5) High Stress to complete project in short duration, so company can earn huge profit.
    6) Very less annual bonus.
    7) Resource manager are least bothered to find and allocate project. Finally employees are laid off.
    8) Employees are least important, they ask employees to do whatever client ask to do, even though it's out of scope, and without willingness of employees to do, this really demotivate people.
    9) Employees on bench, are treated as Garbage, and make them work on documentation instead of training them on new skills.
    10) Poor promotion policy.

Advice to Management

Train existing employees on new technologies/skills, this will reduce lay off percentage in Capgemini. Just hiring new employees, and lay off old employees is not going to help. Usually after project completion, management appreciate employees...In Capgemini instead of rewards employees are dismissed from service...Capgemini's policy is use and throw employees.

"People Matter, Results Count - Not"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits - They have a good benefits package. Life/ Health / 401 K, dental, vision, Etc.

Cons

Management - of the lack there of. I spoke to my manager 2 in a year. There is no work life balance unless...maybe, you live in a hub city and actually work in an office.. If you are assigned a project - you will die there unless there is something else available for you to do. If you live in New York, and the Project is in LA.....You will fly EVERY week. If you want a promotion, you may as well start working 80 hours a week, that's the only way it will happen.

Advice to Management

People Matter, Results Count - people don't matter. They are removed / replaced with contractors or H1 ALL the time. The only results that count are Cap's bottom line.

"Help desk lead"

Former Employee - Knowledge Manager/Team Lead in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Knowledge Manager/Team Lead in Austin, TX

I worked at Capgemini (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great people. Unfortunately this is the only pro.

Cons

Pay was not where it should have been especially for the position. Lower positions filled with higher position responsibilities. Lots of. Management turnover during my time and very bad communication between management/non management

"SAP HCM Capability Lead for North America"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Full of energy from some folks!!

Cons

Spreadsheet based or numbers based staffing on a monthly basis

Advice to Management

Review campus hire program and invest in new technologies

Showing 78 of 8,095 reviews