Capita Resourcing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Thomas Christopher Richards

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Really positive, have been promoted and have had great support from my manager."

Current Employee - Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita Resourcing full-time

Pros

You aren’t micromanaged and can work with autonomy which can be stifled in a big company. Opportunity to improve processes in place. Good career progression for those that want it and regular reviews focused on development. Lots of flexibility which a lot of companies won’t offer.

Cons

It can sometimes be hard to get good salary increase unless you have been promoted, however lots of big FTSE companies are the same. This has improved though over the last year.

2. "People make the company"

Current Employee - Account Director in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Director in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Pros

The people make the company, the culture is generally very collaborative and people value one another.

Flexibility is given to those who put in. It’s a two way thing but for me that’s a pro.

Cons

Pay isn’t market rate. Organic salary increases don’t happen; you have to leave or move businesses to gain a salary uplift and likely to be 20% down on market rate minimum.

3. "Inconsistent Approach"

I have been working at Capita Resourcing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Starting to become more flexible and now realising how far behind the market they are

Cons

Massive disparity in pay. Some paid a fortune, most paid well under market rate.

Advice to Management

Pay equality for all, not just new hires. Succession planning needs looking at carefully

4. "Very good if you are driven and have the right manager"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Capita Resourcing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

lots of opportunity to take on addition tasks and build your profile within the business
    Very good at protecting Recruiters from rogue hiring communities and are able to say 'no' to unrealistic requests.
    Great team environment, nice offices, can be promoted, and you are valued.
    Mo the security guard in Maidenhead is an absolute champ.

Cons

Capita Plc was run by finance which caused some headaches generally
    Some managers lacked people skills and could prove difficult, but that's subjective really.

Advice to Management

Don;t be afraid to manage out bad managers, better to do that and lose (specifically) 2 managers rather than a number of recruiters who could have delivered more.

5. "Excellent coaching culture, poor T&Cs and leadership"

Former Employee - Senior in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I worked at Capita Resourcing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you want to develop it’s there to go and get in a number of forms

Cons

Has grown from a ‘small / family’ type feeling of business to a corporate machine and some of the old guard can’t couldn’t cut it

Advice to Management

Stop recycling the same people into different senior positions; don’t be afraid of investing in new ideas

6. "Can't trust anything senior managers say"

Pros

Colleagues - some great individuals

Cons

Senior Managers make promises they never keep and what's worse is that in their minds they probably believe what they say!
    There's no commitment from the business to support, invest, integrate or grow business - they'd rather close it down and make people redundant.
    One of the worst experiences of senior management I've ever

Advice to Management

Need to get some senior managers who know what they're doing and can deliver business with a people focus
    Any successes are in spite of senior management not because of them
    Don't be so flippant, show a real understanding of business and people

"Enforcement Officer"

Former Employee - Enforcement Officer in Stevenage, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Enforcement Officer in Stevenage, England (UK)

Pros

45p per mile other than that nothing.

Cons

New contracts had you working late into the evening for a full 40 hours. You were watched like a hawk - smacked on 1984's Big Brother.
    Class room training with class room mentality. To be an enforcement officer for BBC licensing you need 1 qualification and that's as a bully.
    When I handed my notice in my line manager put a stop to my wages and I had to
    fight to get my money! Told you earlier - a bullying company.

Advice to Management

Re-train your ex-post office staff to treat people as adults, drop the bullying and bring in a more family friendly working hour mandate. If you want people to work the shift pattern then I suggest adding on an additional 10k for the inconvenience.

"Abysmal"

Current Employee - Onsite Recruiter in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Onsite Recruiter in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita Resourcing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none if you have any integrity ! the offices are awful, they never fix anything.

Cons

Clueless senior management, an FD who literally can't count, different departments who compete against each other, Recruitment freezes, a security company who insist everyone who joins has to be fully vetted therefore waiting weeks. You will be surrounded by muppets, muppets who have been there for years and ca't go anywhere else.

Advice to Management

The CEO of this 80,000 people company, thought the best use of his time (when the company were dropping of the FTSE 1000) was to sign off every hire. Abysmal

Capita Resourcing Response

Jul 25, 2017 – Account Director

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. As you will be aware, there is an Employee Excellence team in place who are there to address any concerns you have around your work environment including... More

"Capita Novus Program"

Pros

They pay you a salary (:

Cons

Where do I start:

- Unpaid training
    - No flexibility in negotiating client sites, even in extenuating circumstances
    - When on bench, the training they put you forward to is nothing short of a 'Debrief'.
    - As you go through training they state that they have a significant amount of clients within major cities (this is a lie), I only knew of two candidates out of a pool of around 20 that were in a city centre.
    - When on client sites, much of your job description would be more relevant to a role of an admin staff.
    - Management has no concern of the novus wellbeing, any discomfort you may have would be sent to the recycle bin.

Advice to Management

Resign.

Capita Resourcing Response

Aug 3, 2017 – Account Director

Thank you for your review. The Novus Graduate Training Scheme is an industry specific, recognised, training model offered by our IT recruitment business to help graduates to gain comprehensive IT... More

10. "in child care"

Current Employee - Nursery Practitioner/Assessor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Nursery Practitioner/Assessor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita Resourcing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

so far very good in finding jobs for me each week. i have no problem with my advisers. they are very informative and willing to listen. the salary the offer is above minimum wages which i am pleased about.

Cons

In childcare hiring a well qualified person is very important. however, i have met and worked with people from the company who has very little qualification to work in childcare. therefore, more intense vetting process will make the client to trust and rely on staffs that they hired from Capita.. Staffs like me who are well qualified will get the recognition and reward for the work we provide in the name of Capita.

Advice to Management

intense interview process in relates to childcare