Capital Area Health Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Recommend"

Current Employee - Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital Area Health Network part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is a community Health Center. Like any other business and job it is what you make it. The management allows the employees the chance to be treated as adults. There is room for growth for those willing to show good work ethic.

Cons

The inability to get quick turnaround on money items. This is being addressed now. Facilities are older and in need of repair, large upgrade budgets just are not readily available.

Advice to Management

Empower and inspire your management staff to be more proactive.

2. "Bizarre..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital Area Health Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You
    Can
    Get
    Direct
    Deposit
    On
    Pay
    Day

Cons

Let's dig in, shall we?
    (Allow me to get this out the way: the pay is NOT competitive. It's sucks. The workload is completely impossible because they are very unorganized and behind on everything! The atmosphere? Sucks. lol I can't make this up I was completely unhappy the entire time. I mean, from day 2 I literally searched for new employment off and on for a year.)

Professionalism isn't a thing there....like at all. The facilities are jurrasic and they are always "out of order". I have never in my professional experience worked for a company with a turnover rate as high as CAHN's. I started there with 4 other people and they were all gone before a year! Ok, I have to mention this: they have no loyalty to ANYBODY....I recall a time that a senior leadership person was fired (I'm talking senior, senior leadership not just a supervisor) he was humiliated in front of the entire corporate office and it was completely aggressive, I was in shock and pretty emotional about it. No one ever spoke about it again, no apology to staff or nothing. Speaking of staff, if you're skilled at whatever it is you do, please don't go there. Go somewhere respectable. The employees have literally no clue what they're doing and there's like a handful of people who are not complete idiots and trust me those people are seeking other employment. This company is literally an ongoing joke in the surrounding localities. The benefits suck. Period. You only get a one hour lunch, no breaks because...."reasons". The communities they help are underprivileged but they're not oblivious, many patients are taking advantage of CAHN's lack of organization because they end up with a sweet discount. Google search their doctors, all it takes is a google search *drops mic* If you become friends with the right little birdies you will learn a lot more than you bargained for! I'm talking gossip city. It's like if The Office, Reno 911, Basketball Wives and Bad Girls Club had a baby and named it Captial Area Health Network. I thought I had seen the worst of the worst but that place accepted the challenge and conquered. The best part of my job was hearing how some patients were satisfied with their services. Honestly, truly, that's all. Look, Donald Trump is the president and I know that can be scary for a lot of people so I completely understand if you apply for a job with this company out of a complete act of desperation but don't say I didn't warn you when the poo hits the fan. And believe you me, the proverbial will be hitting the fan. Good luck.
    (keep that resume fired up because your dream job is coming this ain't it)

Advice to Management

Senior management...you are a joke. There is no advice I would offer you because you don't deserve any. I believe karma is right around the corner for you.

3. "Keep looking"

I worked at Capital Area Health Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO, Work hours-no weekends, Fun Co workers.

Cons

If you are looking for stability, security, organization and respect, my advice is to keep looking.

Advice to Management

Clean it up.

4. "Capital Area Health Network Review"

Current Employee - Medical Call Center Representative in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Medical Call Center Representative in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital Area Health Network (Less than a year)

Pros

It helps me gain experience in many areas of my study. Another pro would be that it gives me the opportunity to work and help those from impoverished communities.

Cons

There is not much area for growth within the network. I also believe that not being able to contribute more to the expansion of the network is a downfall of the position.

Advice to Management

I would tell management to pay more attention to the needs of the patients. I speak to patients everyday who have complaints that are never answered and taken seriously. I believe that management could do more regarding their patients' concerns.

5. "Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

I worked at Capital Area Health Network (Less than a year)

Pros

The only positive comment that I can make about CAHN is the fact that the company provides much needed medical, dental and mental health services to the underprivileged communities in which they are located.

Cons

Extremely poor leadership from the top. Low morale due to poor leadership, no employee recognition, no pay increases within the last three years because the company is always struggling financially due to poor management of the finances. Extremely high turnover!

Advice to Management

New leadership is the only way this company will survive the future!

6. "Disappointment"

Pros

Paycheck, pto, benefits (if done correctly), parking, special events for the community

Cons

Unprofessional
    Work environment
    No job security
    Chaos
    Management doesn't know what they're doing in many different areas

7. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Office Personnel in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Office Personnel in Richmond, VA

I worked at Capital Area Health Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

8-5
    Benefits
    A paycheck
    Pay was mediocre in the big scheme of things, but was half decent in a bad economy for the time being.
    Office job.

Cons

Building is in Church Hill! (I worked at Vernon J Harris)
    Unprofessional and sloppy way of operating.
    Certain personnel have a "holier than thou" attitude.
    It seems like the CEO is always out to get someone, or instill fear in employees.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't even know where to begin.

8. "Best and worst decision of my life"

Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in All (Spain)
    Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in All (Spain)

I worked at Capital Area Health Network full-time

Pros

Met great people, entertains patients, experience working with systems

Cons

Management, low pay for what you do, no incentive to work there, CEO is horrible and wants everyone to bow to him

Advice to Management

Pick better people for lead positions and make sure the senior management that has experience managing this type of company