Capital Caring Reviews | Glassdoor

Capital Caring Reviews

Found 50 reviews

3.6
Malene Smith Davis
Pros
  • "They provide good benefits with vacation and sick leave(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "No accountability or follow up from middle management(in 3 reviews)

• "Sadly, they will not be able to provide patients and families with the best possible end of life experience(in 2 reviews)

1. "Great place"

I worked at Capital Caring full-time

Pros

Great place to work and work-life balance, rewarding mission

Cons

Emotionally taxing, very difficult to see patients going through hard times

Capital Caring2018-12-17
    • "Working for a Hospice can be depressing"

I worked at Capital Caring full-time

Pros

For nurses and other care givers it can be fulfilling.

Cons

Did not feel like valued member of a team. Manager hid in office all day and didn't want to train new employees.

Capital Caring2018-08-09

"Best Company I have worked for!"

I have been working at Capital Caring full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Fantastic mission to improve care for hospice and palliative care patients with supportive C suite leadership, strong community reputation and great colleagues.

Cons

Need to keep strong work/personal life balance so can deal with emotions of working with people who are close to end of life and supporting family members who are going through a range of emotions

Advice to Management

Keep researching best care options and offering staff ways to grow in clinical knowledge while advocating on local and national basis for easy access to and high quality of hospice and palliative care for all.

Capital Caring2018-05-23
    • "Great Place to Work with Innovative Leadership"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Capital Caring full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Advancement opportunities, invested in growth of employee, mission driven with core values and standards influencing decisions and practice. Patient and Family centered care allowing for Expanded Hospice Therapies; people can decide when to relinquish certain care modalities when they are ready. In patient units, Interventional Pain Clinic to aid in comfort for those where traditional methods have not been assistive....

Cons

Community providers refer too late to hospice and this often leaves the team not having enough time to get a patient and family emotionally prepared. Medicare benefit cuts and limiting criteria for a qualifying diagnosis may create an accessibility issue for some in our community.

Advice to Management

Continue with fundraising and outreach efforts so programs like Telecaring, Bereavement Services, Charity Care, and Point of Hope Children's Camp remain available to our communities. These are services that are unique to Capital Caring.

Capital Caring2018-04-17

"Employment Consideration"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Merrifield, VA

I have been working at Capital Caring full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Capital Caring has been blessed to have a great group of leadership and staff who demonstrate daily that we provide a wonderful, caring and healthy environment in which to work. We are a non-profit and we provide hospice and palliative care services to those facing life-limiting illnesses not only to the patients, but to their families as well throughout the DMV area -- you couldn't ask for a better environment and people...

Cons

If you don't have a positive attitude and an innovative mind and spirit for the good, this is not the place for you to consider for employment.

Advice to Management

The senior leadership/management team at Capital Caring should continue to recognize the various disciplines and talented staff and to commend/recognize the employees regularly so that they will know how much they are appreciated and needed.

Capital Caring2018-04-11
    • "Great mission-based nonprofit place to work"

I have been working at Capital Caring full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Capital Caring's mission is probably one of the best, most compelling and most heartfelt I have had the privilege to work for in my 20+ year career. Staff is incredibly dedicated and committed. Overall, culture is warm, inviting, and rewarding. In some ways, like a family. A very big family! As a manager, HR has been incredibly helpful and supportive. The fact that our CEO knows the names of so many of our enormous staff,...

Cons

More and better communications on what is happening programmatically and otherwise across the organization. It's important to know what senior leadership is working on unless it's confidential, of course. But I think the more knowledge employees have about how Capital Caring is changing and growing, the better.

Advice to Management

Share more information about our growth and strategic plans. The more we know, the better ambassadors we can be.

Capital Caring2018-04-04
    • "Highest level of commitment to providing best care to hospice and palliative patients"

I have been working at Capital Caring full-time

Pros

Great organization, highly compassionate and empathetic staff and leaders

Cons

Can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Great leadership!

Capital Caring2018-03-27
    • "Capital Caring lives its Mission"

I have been working at Capital Caring full-time

Pros

The team at Capital Caring truly lives out its Mission to simply improve care. I'm thankful that Capital Caring is here to provide hospice, palliative care and counseling services to our community.

Cons

Nothing to share at this time.

Capital Caring2018-03-19

"Wonderful Organization!"

I have been working at Capital Caring full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Since day one of joining Capital Caring it has been about the mission. Very impressed the the management of the organization that they continue to live and breath the mission. You feel that passion day in and day out, Strong commitment to improve care for those facing life-limiting illness through direct support of patients and their families, public education and public advocacy.

Cons

Seeing that people are giving negative comments about such a wonderful organization.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Love the new HR & Marketing & IT Dept.

Capital Caring2018-03-15
    • "Making a positive contribution every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrifield, VA

I have been working at Capital Caring full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the most caring people on the planet. they work tirelessly each day to help those struggling with advanced illness.

Cons

not enough hours in the day

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

Capital Caring2018-03-18