Capital City Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Capital City Consulting Reviews

2.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Interesting culture, and dynamic work experience."

Former Employee - Client Executive in Latham, NY

I worked at Capital City Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is not your typical office position. It gives you real experience in dealing with people, face to face. That is a skill which we all need; especially if you are looking to go into a business administration/marketing/sales/consulting position.

Also, upward mobility is immense at this company. If you put in the hard work then you will progress past upper level management and potentially beyond to ownership of your own company.

Cons

You will not do well if you don't like working with people. This is customer service, so if you cant (convincingly) fake a smile then you shouldn't bother. There will be bad days, so you have to be able to pick yourself up by the bootstraps and trudge on.

Advice to Management

Management could do a little more to make sure that a professional atmosphere is always maintained by some of the employees.

"Don't waste your time"

I have been working at Capital City Consulting full-time

Pros

Small Company, no real leadership. Upper management is inexperienced.

Cons

They told me I was hired for HR and gave me a compensation plan that was a complete lie because I was to do door-to-door sales. Poor leadership and uses false pretenses to do business with local mom and pop shops....

3. "Great opportunity for advancement."

Current Employee - Client Executive in Latham, NY
    Current Employee - Client Executive in Latham, NY

I have been working at Capital City Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love that I'm not in an office all day. I love the people that I work with. You always get recognition for a job well done and you have a say in what goes on in the office. You're more of a partner than an employee. And best of all, the job gives opportunity for incredible advancement, as long as you're willing to work for it.

Cons

This isn't a job for negative people. If you get negged out easily you won't do well here.

Advice to Management

A little more organization in the office would be nice.

4. "Not your Average Cubicle Position"

Current Employee - Client Executive in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Client Executive in Albany, NY

I have been working at Capital City Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the atmosphere at CCC. There is so much energy every day, and I actually feel like my managers genuinely care about my succces and growth in the company. I am coming from a previous position that was very mundane, and my superiors just wanted the job done, but could care less about me as a vital part of the company. It is very refreshing to be a part of a company like CCC that truly cares about their employees, provides recognition and constant opportunities to advance!

Cons

If you are not ready to put in 100% of effort towards a career - this may not be a good fit. The position is ever-changing and challenging, it requires an employee that can adapt - not just an "average Joe" employee.

Advice to Management

I love the open communication with management, and the upbeat environment. I would appreciate more opportunities to travel to other branches, and network with other managers as well.

"Run Away... Fast"

Former Employee - Client Manager in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Client Manager in Albany, NY

I worked at Capital City Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing positive here.

Cons

Very unprofessional. The job is nothing like the description states. It is all outside sales but the description states "customer service" or entry level HR. Scam

"Non-professional small company. Would not recommend to recent college grads."

Former Employee - Client Executive in Latham, NY

I worked at Capital City Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not stuck in a cubicle the entire day.

Cons

Unorganized, no real leadership.
    Non professional.
    Commission based income with low salary.
    Unclear about going 'door to door' everyday from 9-5 using your own vehicle with no gas expense reimbursement.
    Trying to sell products and services to frustrated business owners that have already been pitched to.
    Train you to use deceptive business practices in order to meet company objectives.