Capital One Reviews in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Capital One Founder, Chairman & CEO Richard D. Fairbank
Richard D. Fairbank

Cons

1. "Great Fin-Tech company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capital One (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely data driven and the work culture is amazing.

Cons

Getting things done can be hard sometimes.

Advice to Management

Pay data analysts higher or atleast on par with the business analysts. A senior BA makes ~10k a year more than a senior DA

2. "Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get leads fed to you by the bankers in the branches if the branch manager likes you.

Cons

Capital One Investing has made it so their FAs cannot get a commission by making the bar too high. Our best FA in the region didn't even get a single commission check last year.

Advice to Management

All managers from Branch Manager and up were direct hires from Chase. There is no Capital One culture in Texas anymore. There is no difference between working for Chase and Capital One. My advice is that no manager should be directly hired from another bank system. They should have to work within the Capital One system for a couple of years to learn the COF culture.

3. "Cheeky but good benefits"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Capital One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cap one has excellent benefits, PTO, monthly incentives, etc. Also tuition reimbursement and a nice corporate office; paid days to have fun for team building

Cons

To advance in that company is such a struggle. They truly embody the idea of kissing butts to get ahead. Superiors are afraid of your greatness and like to keep you down if they believe you have a lot of potential to grow. A lot of overworking and underpaying. Be prepared to wear a lot of hats which can be beneficial however delegating work because you have too much work due to a chaotic business model is crazy! They are almost militant. They try blinding you with a culture like you matter when they truly have the same goal of any firm, to maximize profit. They will lead you on to believe you are doing great work but then pass you over for someone less qualified because they may be easy to manipulate. Worse thing than a boss who doesn't care is a boss who acts like they care just because they feel like it's their job. Most employees are dissatisfied and feel pressured in a lot of ways.

5. "Great place to start a career"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Capital One (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and opportunities for advancement .

Cons

Change to leadership teams on a consistent basis make it hard to gain consistency on strategy.
    Changes every year cause unnecessary turnover.
    Leaders look out for their fiefdoms to the detriment of the divisions .

Advice to Management

Hire great leaders that think for themselves and are willing to be great partners to help build succesful teams for the longterm

"A great company that's slowly burning to the ground"

Former Employee - Business Banker in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Business Banker in Dallas, TX

I worked at Capital One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong variable compensation plan
    Great employee benefits including time off
    Excellent training programs
    Friendly peer group employees
    Well known brand

Cons

Low salaries in relation to peer group
    Too many changes at once
    Horrendous SRM system with too many incorrect reports
    Old and outdated systems
    Missing sales constantly and manually tracking
    Micromanagement

Advice to Management

Save what employees you have left. The remaining employees are sure to leave if the current path continues

7. "Contractors are persona non grata"

Former Employee - Senior Art Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Art Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Capital One (More than a year)

Pros

Great cafeteria. Easy to eat healthy and reasonable prices.

Cons

Contractors are treated rudely. I don't understand why they even use contractors if they aren't going to include them in work sessions and outside activities. Also, it would help if contractors were given something to do more than a handful of hours a week. Lots of sitting around.

Advice to Management

Treat contractors as team members.

"Decent Company"

Former Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

Pros

Pay was ok, flexible work schedule, benefits, PTO days accumulate so you could earn a lot of vacation time

Cons

Closing branches, removing tellers, not a great place for advancement. its about who you know and not how hard you work if you're looking for a promotion.

Advice to Management

Cap One needs to really evaluate who they put in a management position. Good people who good work ethics tend to get looked over when it comes to promotions

"Principal Associate Scrum Master"

Current Employee - Principal Associate, Scrum Master in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Associate, Scrum Master in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great forward thinking company great people, vision and management. Do the right thing and excellence. No place for mediocrity. It is fun, agile and always walking the edge. Empowers associates. Good benefits

Cons

Depends on department some are better than others. I don't have con's other the base salary is somewhat lower than other companies. Slow to listen sometimes when there are badly fit Directors or managers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job weed out bad managers who do not empower but enslave associates

"Sr. Ops Coordinator"

Former Employee - Senior Operations Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Capital One (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great bonus structure.the team had a great moral

Cons

Management sometimes don't finsh projects when stated

Advice to Management

Don't promise new program dates unless youbare sure of complete datw...it effects the customer experience.

"Top 100 Best Company to Work for 10 Times!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capital One (Less than a year)

Pros

Capital One is in a class of it's own. They are a Fortune 200 Company that has been awarded the prestigious Fortune Top 100 Best Companies to Work for 10 times. In addition, Capital One is a top 25 best companies to work for in the Dallas/Ft. Worth market. Amazing things are happening here from driving cutting edge technology to providing a superior service to our customers. This is no longer a bank- It's a tech company and thought leader.

The internal culture is phenomenal. Work life balance is a core company value for it's associates and we have it. This is the first job I have had in my career that really offers a work life balance. They don't just say it, they live it. I came from the technology industry and think what is going on at Capital One is like a hidden secret that is getting ready to explode. Capital One takes great care of their associates through carer progression and benefits offered to employees and their families. The 401k match is awesome. The system where you go to look up all your benefits is super easy to navigate and user friendly. Internal mobility and job security is remarkable.

Diversity is another big focus for Capital One. The company is committed to hiring, promoting and retaining their talent, which includes a diverse workforce. Capital One is a mecca for all races, ages, ethnicity and sexual orientation. They value hiring top talent and only want to hire the best. There is uber smart people everywhere. We have a diverse customer population so, Capital One wants to mirror the same diversity inside the company and it shows when waking down the halls.

Cons

Continue to focus on enterprise wide initiatives vs working in line of business silos.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with associates and continue to be a though leader in the technology and banking space. Continue to strive for excellence and take great care of your associates so we can focus on taking great care of our customers. Capital One is wonderful and I am thankful for the opportunity to be here and serve our customers. I am proud to be a Capital One Associate and believe in the services we are providing the lives we are impacting.

Showing 62 of 4,587 reviews