Capital One Reviews in Fairfield, NJ | Glassdoor

Fairfield, NJ

3.2

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Can hit your Work life balance but i think it depends on your team (in 166 reviews)

• Performance Management process is a little rigid (in 165 reviews)

"always changing"

Current Employee - Teller II in Fairfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Teller II in Fairfield, NJ

I have been working at Capital One (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capital one educational assistance program is awesome along with other incentives that are given to part time employees . Also to vacation is great even part timers get 3 weeks vacation.

Cons

Recently alot of changes are being made which meant for capital one giving less hrs to part timers . Also they they have increase aggressiveness in sales which can scare customers away.

Advice to Management

I think the management needs to be a bit more realistic with thw goals set in branches . They sometimes forget that mobile deposit and online banking means less customer coming in Making it more difficult to sell products to customers.

"Disability Benefits"

Current Employee - Director in Fairfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Fairfield, NJ

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

our benefits have always been the best!! I never had any complaints. In 2014 I was put out on disability and although my doctor wanted to take me out for a longer period I was eager to go back due to the support, willingness to help and guidance Aetna and Capital One benefit reps gave me. (Short term disability)

Cons

Change in short term disability 3rd party--Fast forward 2016 I got sick again and the new company "Sedgwick" who deals with disability claims has been a nightmare causing additional strain by denying my claim and not paying. Currently I am out of work going on two months and without a paycheck to sustain my family. Needless to say this has caused additional stress and my doctor will not release me.

Advice to Management

I would advice to look into the bad practice Sedgwick has all over the industry with consumer and lawyer complaints. COB should complete an audit to see the percentage of claims this company has approved since taking over against the declined ones during the initial period. At the end of the day we work for capital one bank and not Sedgwick.. I understand COB wants employees at work instead of out but this can also create reputational risk against a great company that has always treated its employees with dignity and fairness. Sedgwick does not represent the core values of COB to their best interest.

Showing 2 of 4,854 reviews