What people are saying about Capital One
I'm an AD who was laid off at Capital One recently. Looking for creative roles in Seattle has been so difficult since there aren't many creative shops here and in-house roles are still under the hiring freeze. Does anybody know any shops that are open to remote work? Please drop the names
Hi all! I’m a senior business analyst at Capital One, stuck in a team with no growth opportunities so I am looking to pivot elsewhere. I am looking for referrals at tech, fintech and financial services firms, so if you would like to help out, please DM! I appreciate your help!
Got a burning question about Capital One? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Capital One employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Four and half percent matching on the 401k plus extra 3% is great benefit." (in 1926 reviews)
- "The work life balance if great and I think it's one of the reasons much of the tech staff has been patient but that's waining" (in 1325 reviews)
- "• Great people (the ones who aren't looking to simply climb the ladder)" (in 1024 reviews)
- "Great culture and learning enviornment with some of the best managers I have worked with." (in 870 reviews)
- "Generally good WLB compared to most other tech companies with similar pay Good compensation for a bank Better technology than most other banks" (in 730 reviews)
- "Performance management structure makes it difficult to get promoted unless you happen to know the right person and be on a highly visible project" (in 520 reviews)
- "Some of my friends were not as lucky as I and were under some bad managers." (in 447 reviews)
- "Old old infrastructure and talent and performance management is bad" (in 287 reviews)
- "Senior leadership at the company is beyond spineless and completely out of touch with employees." (in 156 reviews)
- "So many layoffs and reorgs in US Card that leaders down through associates are leaving rapidly." (in 142 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Capital One and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 2,373 of over 16K reviews
Updated Sep 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Jun 8, 2010Business AnalystCurrent Employee
Great place for work life balance. Flexible work schedules and ability to work from home allows employees to be able to have balance in their life. From day 1, employees are given responsibilities and ownership of their own work. Strong teamwork environment. Employees are looking to support each other, very few people are cutthroat, though politics does still exist.
Many managers do not have the experience to be great people managers. This is due to a lack of experience in workplace in general (for some fast promotions). Promotions seems to tie to groups that one works for. In addition, promotion criteria differs from group to group making it difficult for those who change groups internally to be promoted. Feedback system could use some work. There should be more communication between managers and their employees.1
- 3.0Dec 14, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Fun atmosphere to work. Casual dress code and great vacation benefits.
Call Center leadership is expected to be 'present' with their team during work hours but this leaves very little time to complete other obligations like monitoring calls thus most managers have to complete tasks at home on their own time. 'Work/Life balance' is sometimes minimal depending on the time of year and what reports are due.Capital One Response7y
We’re glad you’re enjoying our fun atmosphere and appreciate you sharing your feedback about work/life balance. To us, work/life balance isn’t just a perk; it’s a lifestyle, and it ensures that our associates are operating at their full potential. We take your feedback very seriously and are constantly looking for ways to improve our work environment. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!