Capital Remodeling Reviews | Glassdoor

Capital Remodeling Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2018

3.4
Capital Remodeling Owner Nathan C Wise (no image)
Nathan C Wise
Pros
  • "This company offers really good pay, flexible hours, great for college students and it looks great on your resume regardless of your major(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "You are basically on-call 6 days per week, within a 50 mile radius of the office(in 2 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

"Good Company, Job is not for everyone"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Capital Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since I work out of the Fairfax office as an in home designer/sales rep I can only speak regarding my experiences there. As a thirty year veteran in sales, more than 10 of it in in-home sales I feel qualified to judge a good company from a bad one and consider myself pretty selective in who I work for and have never held any job for less than 5 years. Reading some of these reviews made me feel compelled to write my own. No company is going to please everyone, especially when its a commission based sales position, but after a year with Capital I'd say it checks more boxes than most. Managers sincerely care about employees success and do everything reasonable to help them obtain that. Company genuinely tries to do the right thing by their customers, If they didn't I wouldn't be working here. Experienced, successful reps are given a reasonable amount of latitude without constant micro-managing. New and inexperienced ones should expect a certain degree of oversight and tighter control, respect and trust must be earned its only reasonable. Income potential is excellent, If you do your job well you will be compensated, but sales, especially in-home sales, where closing on the first visit is crucial is not for the majority of people. The company does employ a first visit close philosophy, hey home improvement is a competitive business, but not to the point that they grill customers to the point of harassment. The company has a great history and good to great products that make it possible for a good salesman to succeed and still sleep at night. Overall a very friendly and helpful working relationship with other team members. Some sales environments often create an almost hostile relationship between between co-workers, here I've seen nothing but genuine interest in each others success and willingness to offer advice and share tips among team members. No cold calling, nor is their idea of an appointment a homeowner who just closed on a house and the company expects you to jamb your foot in the door and talk your way into the house. Your leads are for the most part (99%) interested homeowners who have contacted the company about having something done in their home. Extensive product line. Maybe you struggle in kitchen sales, but excel at windows or roofing and siding, your leads will be tailored to your strengths to help you succeed.

Cons

Its commission based pay, If you can't live with that uncertainty this may not be for you. If you have never had a commission based job before it can be unsettling at first, but if you can get over the hump and are willing to listen and learn a very healthy 6 figure income is possible, not guaranteed, but definitely possible for a reasonably competent salesperson. Large territory means many miles on the road, expect to log over 30,000 miles per year. Uncertain work schedule, as an appointment based process, you will be on-call waiting for final confirmation that the customer will be available. The good thing is I have seen an extremely low, almost non-existent, no show rate where you drive 20 miles only to find no one home. I would guess this happened almost 20% of the time at my previous employer. Potentially long days, this is not a 9-5 job with weekends off, but they do try to accommodate your schedule needs within reason. Compared to other sales jobs I've had, this schedule is much easier to deal with, with Sundays off and most holidays as well, even extra days at Christmas, not something I've encountered in my sales career, I will take this schedule any day.

Advice to Management

Invest in technology to expedite the sales process. Way too many inefficient processes that could be much quicker and better for everyone involved.

Capital Remodeling2018-03-10

"Laid back professional environment"

I have been working at Capital Remodeling part-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers Opportunity for bonuses and extra $

Cons

Low base wage Hard to get leads

Capital Remodeling2018-08-23
  3. "Terrible pay and snaky environment"

BDR

I worked at Capital Remodeling for less than a year

Pros

flexible schedule, which works great, but terrible pay

Cons

sketchy guys, take your money and leads and hardwork

Capital Remodeling2018-07-22
  4. "Call center"

I worked at Capital Remodeling part-time

Pros

Decent work hours Wonderful management Sundays off with is great Early Saturday shift leaves the rest if the day to free

Cons

The pay system could be better and the company sets unrealistic goals for cold calling. Pay is based on if you meet cold calling requirements.

Advice to Management

You guys are doinf a swell job

Capital Remodeling2018-06-29

"Capital is like family"

I have been working at Capital Remodeling full-time

Pros

The company is small enough that you know everyone and you become like a big, crazy (in a good way) family. If there is a problem or concern you can get immediate feedback or guidance on it, most managers have an open door policy. Tons of different areas to grow into and a lot of potential to make really good money.

Cons

Cross department relations can be strained at times. Policies are situational instead of universal.

Advice to Management

Don't compartmentalize so much. If we are having a great month, let the whole company know so they can be proud of their contribution toward that. If we have an abundance of appointments scheduled, make sure that your back office team is prepared for the influx of new deals. Let us be proud and excited for eachother's accomplishments.

Capital Remodeling2018-03-08

"CR. Call Center"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Capital Remodeling part-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is pretty simple as is but it is executed decently. Office environment is extremely cool. Laid back but professional around the clock. Part time hours are great & Tim's cool too (I guess lol) naw but really he's a good manager, seems alittle new to the management side but he's advancing well into it I think.

Cons

Pay could def be alot better (who doesn't think so). But could be better & when setting an appt, getting a manager to basically re-confirm everything i spent minutes of time even trying to get someone to agree with is frustrating for alot of residents/employees alike.

Advice to Management

Start making adjustments w/ appt setting & dispositions, after a couple of calls it does start to become harassment, we have to be sure to dispo the call out right. Make employees feel confident about doing their jobs by not having to RE-CONFIRM with the customer..implement more incentives for booking as well. It will def help secure more solid leads.

7. "call center"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Capital Remodeling part-time

Pros

laid back atmosphere, flexible hours, opportunity to move up.

Cons

base pay could be higher

Advice to Management

keep it up

8. "Call Center Rep"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Capital Remodeling part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Capital remodeling, very flexible hours, great pay and opportunities to move up. Very laid back environment and the call center manager is awesome !

Cons

There are no cons for working at Capital

9. "Dispatch Team!"

I have been working at Capital Remodeling full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good atmosphere, great pay, flexible hours and friendly staff and management.

Cons

My position requires some Saturday shifts.

Capital Remodeling2018-02-20

"manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Hanover, MD

I worked at Capital Remodeling full-time for more than a year

Pros

some of the full time staff where professional and fun to work with. Very laid back some times

Cons

where do I began. worked there for almost 2 years. noticed for the part time position I had to conduct interviews for could only work 29 hours a week granited it is part time but wanted to hire and fire people as quick. As possible . The reason only want them working 29 hours a week is so part time staff could not collect benefits nor unemployment benefits from the company. company was not big on promoting with in only if there was a spot available . which would be very un likely. company didn’t believe in training people to get better and stick around . “ turn and burn” as it was said. 2. the company would not pay people what they are worth. they would try and squeeze every cent they could on not hiring people with experience or hoping they would take almost minimum wage pay which people where smart enough and refused. 3. some of the co workers had in “ inside” circle between them so if one of them didn’t like you chances are the rest of them wouldn’t. 4. pay outs for bonuses where very confusing to follow or pay correctly. company would find ways to motivate part time/ full time employees but with very skimpy gifts or gift cards etc. AS WELL THEY HAVE CURRENT EMPLOYEES RIGHT FAKE RVEIEWS ABOUT THE WORK THEY DO AND WORKING THERE. DONT BE SURPRISE IF THIS REVIEW IS FOLLOWED BY 2 “ GREAT REVIEWS” ETC. heard management numerous times to go on yelp etc to write a good reviews lol.

Advice to Management

hire people with right the skill set to get the job done . take care of your current staff reason being 5 full time employees left because where not treated the correct way or at least show appreciation for them. as well hire an actual call enter manager who knows what they are doing . not take your employees ideas or work they had done and pass it off on your own. as well lead by example not tell or send emails on how things should be done when no one can knows if you can even do it your self. 5. the company as well didn’t pay me correctly for couple of months. I was a salaried employee noticed they where paying me hourly for hours I was missing during a pay period . which is extremely illegal. funny thing they tried to make it seem I was trying to just get money from them. but when it came down to looking at everything. They new they had really messed up big time. becarcul workig here they will definitely try to cover there tracks as much as possible. communication was another issue. they needed to hire at least 4 more full time employees to run Smoothley but they figure why pay more people when they can have full time staff do double the work.

Capital Remodeling2018-02-15