Capital Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capital Senior Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The flexibility in my position. The residents and other staff appreciate my contributions. All of this is at the property level within the company.

Cons

Capital Senior Living owns another property in town offering the basically the same options as the ones offered at the property I work for. There is often confusion between the two, especially given the demographic of our market. Corporate is not willing to allow marketing and name recognition at the property level.

Advice to Management

When delegating tasks, please provide the authority to complete the assigned task without consistently being rejected on an idea. The micro managing at the property level is intense. They request fresh ideas and creativity and then reject all ideas that are presented.

2. "Cool compant"

I worked at Capital Senior Living full-time

Pros

You could get overtime whenever needed

Cons

Had alit of people that didn't like working together

Advice to Management

Be a bit more organized when scheduling

3. "activities assistant"

Current Employee - Activities Assistant in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Activities Assistant in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Capital Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working with the elderly

Cons

I can't really think of any

Advice to Management

One day I will be an administrator. One of my dreams

4. "Slumlords of Senior Living in Shaker Heights Ohio"

Former Employee - Wellness Department in Shaker Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Former Employee - Wellness Department in Shaker Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Capital Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The residents have a roof over their heads and four walls to enclose them from the outdoors.

Cons

This company needs to close down. This is a senior living community that is only interested in receiving their monthly rent from residents in their communities. There is little to no concern taken regarding the care, concern and respect of the residents. They hire anyone with a pulse that foster's their disgraceful lifestyle which leaves families and residents frustrated and upset to say the least. They buck against any form of positive change and do not seek individuals to work for their community that have a brain and understand the concept that when working in senior living you are working the resident's home not the other way around. The food was ok but the activities were constantly lacking. The housekeeping did a decent job but nursing was a major issue. The community was constantly short staffed and when nursing leadership attempted to use outside staff relief the insane Executive Director would do everything in her power to run the staff relief away. Residents did not have the basic items that were outlined in their agreement. This community has a memory care neighborhood but it was like the forgotten land. Constantly smelled of urine and feces, no activities and their meals were always leftovers of what assisted living had. The staff lacked training, there was no opportunity for a true on-boarding process because the community again was always short staffed so new hires had to hit the floor running and work. This often led to new employees leaving the community without giving a notice. There is very little support in the building, it was just a negative experience.

Advice to Management

Leave the senior living industry. Perhaps real estate is a better fit but senior living requires at least a minimal level of compassion and care for seniors and the ability and desire to serve your residents and your teams in the community in excellence.

5. "(Atrium of Carmichael)decent place to work if you get along with management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmichael, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmichael, CA

I worked at Capital Senior Living part-time

Pros

flexible schedule if you have school or have another part time job

Cons

You don't get much training, you have to get along with management or they will shun you away. You have to understand the job RIGHT away or pretty much they get mad if you ask questions. They can't get enough people to work weekends, so they have to higher a lot of staff to cover those shifts, which means fewer hours during the week.

Advice to Management

Take control of the lead/assistant positions. They are rude to staff below them and do whatever they want.

6. "Supervisor"

I have been working at Capital Senior Living full-time

Pros

Good People, Very High Care Rating from Seniors

Cons

Older Buildings, lots of competition with newer buildings

Advice to Management

Survey Employees to know the needs, fix up the older buildings

7. "Gramercy Hill Making Positive Changes!"

I have been working at Capital Senior Living full-time

Pros

The residents are great. The new management is amazing. You can tell she truly cares about the staff and residents at Gramercy Hill. Positive changes are slowing happening. Stuff is getting updated and remodeled. It is a much happier environment to work in. There is less stress. The home-life to work balance is great. Management will work with you if you need time off and is very understanding. Different departments are starting to get raises to match what other companies in the industry are paying.

Cons

At the moment I don't see a lot of cons. If would be nice if they offered more paid holidays and better insurance but overall I think its pretty good.

Advice to Management

Don't give up and keep trying!! You are doing great and staff can see the positive changes that you are putting into place!!

8. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Capital Senior Living full-time

Pros

Outstanding Family Values. Team work

Cons

Stable Staff. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement

9. "Rewarding & Challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Capital Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy serving the residents whom are first priority. The welcoming atmosphere, and fellow teammates who continue to work their butt off accomplishing the needs for our residents without hesitation in every dept. of our building. I'm a proud employee.

Cons

It's challenging to say the least working in healthcare. Add struggling with turn over of staff & having some high acuity to maintain in the building. The wages are lower than surrounding communities or even businesses in general.

Advice to Management

Conduct wage surveys of current buildings & their surrounding companies & make changes to be competitive in pay to help keep our excellent team members that are leaving to our competitors because they too have families to support. Listen to our voices & let it be known we're being heard & the corporation cares to keep us at the frontline in order for the communities to strive. Add incentives for your employees who have perfect attendance, hard work, etc. The employees are struggling with feeling valued by more than the managers inside the building.

"cook"

Current Employee - Cook in Oakwood, GA
    Current Employee - Cook in Oakwood, GA

I have been working at Capital Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Making older people happy with their food

Cons

terrible pay, no money at the end of the month for food