Found 121 of over 126 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The environment is great and the people are even better." (in 18 reviews)
- "The ESOP and 401K benefits are great." (in 13 reviews)
- "Friendly coworkers, Access to different departments and key personnel, decent pay" (in 9 reviews)
- "The company actually cares about their employees." (in 4 reviews)
- "Employee Stock program, great training" (in 3 reviews)
- "Pay was low in the beginning but got much better." (in 21 reviews)
- "Management always makes exceptions and won't have your back" (in 7 reviews)
- "The hours are long and you don't get much of a social life." (in 3 reviews)
- "Branch managers are weak in the Topeka market." (in 3 reviews)
- "yearly raise is low." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Capitol Federal® Savings Bank and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 28, 2023Customer Service Representative (CSR)Current Employee, more than 5 yearsTopeka, KS
The benefits vacation time is ok. You have to work at saving your time. You don't earn alot. Dental is good.
Management is sneaky. I worked at another branch for a short time ABM takes negative about the staff to other employees. CS's talk to each other. You get threatened by mgmt "remember I have say when it comes to yearly evaluations, you better be nice to me."
- 3.0Jul 17, 2023Customer Service AssociateCurrent Employee
Great people, decent benefits, pretty nice customers and a fairly low stress environment depending on the branch you work at. There is something to love about the people & management at every branch, some of which become lifelong friends. Two years ago tellers started out around $13.50/hr, but that is increasing up to $17/hr and the schedules are becoming more attractive for part-timers. However, you WILL be expected to open accounts if you want to reach $17/hr. Recent increase in PTO accrual rate is nice but too little too late
Consistently short staffed with no plan to hire on more people to cover those who are out sick or on PTO. You will be expected to do more with less-- less people and less money than other banks will offer for similar positions. Last year holiday bonuses were under $100 for all hourly employees, no matter how long you had been with the company (same bonus for those with the company 6 months and those there for 20+ years no matter your performance that year). You'll get an annual review, but it won't matter because you still won't get a bonus OR a decent raise for your hard work. Those in retail who scored high on their reviews still only received a 2.5% raise, while inflation/cost of living increased 6%+.
- 4.0Oct 5, 2023Customer Service AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearOlathe, KS
Good people, not too difficult, gain bank and customer service experience
Can have difficult customers sometimes
- 5.0Aug 13, 2023CSA1 - Customer Service AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearManhattan, KS
•healthy work environment •great benefits •customer and employee’s best interest •management is respectable •open door policy is practiced and not just talked about •pay is reasonable
•i would like to work full-time permanently not just temporarily so i can really grow a career at Capitol Federal and our branch really could benefit from it.
- 3.0Aug 25, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer EmployeeLawrence, KS
Good pay, and a good manager who was willing to accommodate for me.
The job was pretty demanding, a lot has to be known. Questionable decisions by the higher brass for how mail correspondence was sent to customers, too.
- 1.0Oct 3, 2023Customer ServiceFormer Employee, more than 1 year
If you want to delay progression in your career, then this is the company for you.
This company has very rude and racist employees. The way POC are addressed and treated is unprofessional, rude, and demeaning. I am considering contacting the EEOC. Embedded and deep-rooted racism that will never be addressed because it’s not a priority and never will be
- 1.0Oct 7, 2023Deposit OperationsFormer Employee, more than 8 years
Your coworkers are your work family.
Nepotism Not appreciated Under paid Hostile environment Huge turnover Long hours Terrible management Do not care about employees at all
Capitol Federal® Savings Bank Reviews FAQs
Capitol Federal® Savings Bank has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 126 reviews left anonymously by employees. 44% of employees would recommend working at Capitol Federal® Savings Bank to a friend and 33% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.
44% of Capitol Federal® Savings Bank employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Capitol Federal® Savings Bank 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.